By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros: 3DS Summer; Wii U Winter

sethnintendo said:
Fusioncode said:
sethnintendo said:
I don't see a problem considering MK8 can carry Wii U till holiday season. SSB will be a great holiday title for the Wii U helping the sales when they matter the most.

I think you're overestimating Mario Kart. One game cannot sell a console for 6 months. 

Wii Sports sold the Wii for years.  MK Wii was still sold out 2+ years after release during the holiday seasons (I remember seeing on Craigslist people desperate for MK Wii 2 or 3 years after release during holiday season offering 80+ for the game so they could get it for their kids for Christmas).

Wii Sports was bundled. Plus, that crowd is gone now.

Around the Network

Yeah, way to kill off a lot of potential Wii U purchases. I'll get it on both but still, this doesn't seem logical.

Oh, and I'm changing your thread title.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

What idiot would release their big release first? lol
Are people crazy here?

I expected both versions to be winter so I have no complaints...I think it should've been the other way around for business reasons but its not my job to worry about that stuff

Pavolink said:
Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha
God they put effort into this ahahahahaha
I can't hahahahaha
hahahahahaah

OK. Who the hell thought this was a good idea.

Iwata obviously

Please Understand

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Staggered release is a smart move. I was just hoping it'd be the opposite. Oh well.. I'll be getting both versions anyway.

As I said in another thread, this is a genius move by Nintendo to sell more software. Most wii U owners were not planning on getting both (me included). Now they are pretty much forcing wii U owners to pick up the 3ds version and additionally pick up the Wii U version later for the definitive version. Smart move by Nintendo to prevent cannibilization of sales and split one relesae into two major releases in the same year.

They might bundle Smash Bros for the holiday season. I'd guess there'd be a MK8 bundle by then, too.

Raido said:
What idiot would release their big release first? lol
Are people crazy here?

This.

No more needs to be said.

I'm ok with 3DS version first.

1) ensures WiiU version is perfect.
2) if 3ds has unique game mode so will wiiu (announced later)
3) wiiU has very different art style and will demand sales over holidays... clearly biggest game coming out in that time frame
4) allows myself and others to buy 3ds version for kids/etc well before wii u version... not cannibalizing each other's sales in software
5) allows nintendo to focus on 2nd tier games over summer releases and biggest game of year in holidays

I can't wait to buy both.