By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros: 3DS Summer; Wii U Winter

I'm going to just jump in here and post this:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=161023&page=1

I think some of you guys really need to check it out . Unless you want to taste my banhammer, ofcourse...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
episteme said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
episteme said:

I think the Wii U version will have a better exclusive mode than the 3DS version and the online experience will be better, too. And the controls will probably suck on 3DS.

lol really? Wii U sales are that important to you that you'd wish for another game to suck so it could maybe sell better?

No, the Circle Pad isn't that great for fighting games and Smash Bros. doesn't work with the D-Pad like Tekken or Street Fighter.

I didn't say that the game will suck. I'll get it on 3DS, too, but the controls will probably be a pain because I already have to use the MK7 wheel to get no cramps in longer play sessions. Let's hope that the Circle Pad Pro works with it.

Why is that? Besides, Smash Bros. isn't a traditional fighting game. In terms of movement, it's more like a 2D platformer, and I've had no trouble playing those with the circle pad.

And if the controls suck, the game automatically sucks!

Oh, and sorry Conegamer, but that's the best I can do while on me 3DS. D:

episteme said:

Buying a console for a single game is never a good idea. Don't you like other Nintendo franchises or did you buy the 3DS for third party games?

MK and SSB are the most mainstream Nintendo franchises besides 2D Mario. If they don't push it over GC levels, nothing will. They could only beat it's second half that didn't have as many good game releases as the first half. The GameCube had a great lineup in the first two years and RE4 didn't stay exclusive.

I think the Wii U version will have a better exclusive mode than the 3DS version and the online experience will be better, too. And the controls will probably suck on 3DS.

IMHO 3ds has a much better library overall Wii U its not a fair comparison considering the release dates but it is was it is. Plus im old school im one of the few guys that use their portable as portables, unless its a game thats really grabs me (birth by sleep, World ends with you) Thing is i dont need alot of games for my portables because im not lugging a bunch of them around and i dont use them that much (even with Vita I find myself using multimedia features more) so im not going to hold my portables to the same standards as my consoles because i game on my consoles way more so I expect to have a large library over the years.  As for other franchises, sure. But they have yet to release a Ninty game that makes me want to plunk down the money for a Wii U, and lets not even get into 3rd party. Ill probably jump in for Zelda then pick up Smash, 3d world, that new 3d mario they working on and DK. 

Oh i loved the GC, it had an underrated library of first party games and the 3rd party games were good and most were superior MPs to PS2 which i had, best of both worlds. 

User was moderated for this Quote Tree (subsequently trimmed) - Conegamer

sethnintendo said:
oniyide said:
sethnintendo said:
oniyide said:
anyone who really thinks MK8 is going to carry the Wii U till winter, is crazy.

It will carry it enough.  It will probably be enough to keep the Wii U ahead of Xbox till the holiday season.  Wii U won't take back the lead from Sony but it should stay ahead of Microsoft in sales.  Does that sound crazy to you?

honestly? yes it does. You are still putting too much stock in MK8, actually scratch that you are putting too much faith in HW period. Wii U is not desired HW xone is that is a system people want at least more than Wii U. Wii u will be above it for a couple of weeks, but till holidays? with xone getting big 3rd party games? (Batman, AC) no really

I wasn't saying that the Wii U would outsell the Xbox One every week after MK8 release.  I was saying that the Xbox One lifetime sales won't surpass Wii U this year.

ok thats fair i can get behind that.

oniyide said:
episteme said:

Buying a console for a single game is never a good idea. Don't you like other Nintendo franchises or did you buy the 3DS for third party games?

MK and SSB are the most mainstream Nintendo franchises besides 2D Mario. If they don't push it over GC levels, nothing will. They could only beat it's second half that didn't have as many good game releases as the first half. The GameCube had a great lineup in the first two years and RE4 didn't stay exclusive.

IMHO 3ds has a much better library overall Wii U its not a fair comparison considering the release dates but it is was it is. Plus im old school im one of the few guys that use their portable as portables, unless its a game thats really grabs me (birth by sleep, World ends with you) Thing is i dont need alot of games for my portables because im not lugging a bunch of them around and i dont use them that much (even with Vita I find myself using multimedia features more) so im not going to hold my portables to the same standards as my consoles because i game on my consoles way more so I expect to have a large library over the years.  As for other franchises, sure. But they have yet to release a Ninty game that makes me want to plunk down the money for a Wii U, and lets not even get into 3rd party. Ill probably jump in for Zelda then pick up Smash, 3d world, that new 3d mario they working on and DK. 

Oh i loved the GC, it had an underrated library of first party games and the 3rd party games were good and most were superior MPs to PS2 which i had, best of both worlds. 

Ok, I was only irritated by the statement that you bought the Wii only for Smash.

Yes, the first party game output of the Wii U is too slow. They need more employees or external studios.

Don't expect a new 3D Mario too soon, I think it will be Wii U's swan song in late 2016...

Around the Network

And news at eleven... people going bonkers as usual when it comes to Nintendo news.

Never happy...always complaining

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

episteme said:
oniyide said:
episteme said:

Ok, I was only irritated by the statement that you bought the Wii only for Smash.

Yes, the first party game output of the Wii U is too slow. They need more employees or external studios.

Don't expect a new 3D Mario too soon, I think it will be Wii U's swan song in late 2016...

well i didnt buy it just for Smash but it was one of the main reasons i bought it. And I was let down big time, but i could say that for my whole experience with the Wii but that is something for another thread.

Hedra42 said:
PATRIOT7GAMING said:
nuckles87 said:

Smash Bros has not been in development for six years. It did not enter development until after Kid Icarus was released in March 2012. So really, it's been in development for two years, and will be at 2 and a half when all is said and done.

Sure. They could of written ideas or other things in that 6 year gap  besides doing the game programming or whatever. Seriously  if they can make a game that fast then makes wonder why we don't see the other games that quick. hmmmmm

And they did. They began talking about doing a 3DS Smash Bros shortly after Brawl was released back in 2008, but it was decided that it was too soon, and that Sakurai would do Kid Icarus Uprising as Project Sora's first game, and the new Smash Bros as the second. But ideas for SSB4 were going on even while Kid Icarus was in development, and eventually the decision was made to develop SSB4 for both consoles.  Source (I seem to be using this source a lot, lately...) :/

(Edited for accuracy)

A business men aren't honest though, so that isn't a source.  I said they could of been writing ideas or at least preparing for development before they actually went to the big thing you talking about. The only reason I bashed them for taking so long is because of the fact they do it with a lot of games.

Started gaming on PS3 3/6/14 :)