By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros: 3DS Summer; Wii U Winter

curl-6 said:

Tropical Freeze was announced for November 2013.

Well yes, they could still delay the game at some point in the future, obviously. That's always a possibility with every game until it's actually out. But as it stands right now, they specifically stated 'winter 2014'.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
PATRIOT7GAMING said:
zorg1000 said:
PATRIOT7GAMING said:

e

No, The 3DS is fine for pete sakes the wii u is the one that is dying right now. The 3DS already has its games and other games to keep it going. The wii u  hurting nintendo and think the 3DS needs help give me a break. What is up with you fanboys and making excuses for a game company

wow calling me a fanboy because i dont agree with you, shows ur very mature.

Please point out the part of my previous post that is incorrect. 3DS is sold at profit and is Nintendo's current biggest money maker, that is a fact. If 3DS sales continue to fall (i believe its down about 50% YOY in Japan and down in the US as well) that means they wont be making as much money off it, that is a fact. How does Nintendo prevent 3DS sales from dropping further and make as much money off it as possible? By releasing big games for it, that is a fact.

3DS is making Nintendo money while Wii U is losing Nintendo money, from a business point of view it makes sense to favor the products that make you money. With that said, I would love for Smash Bros to be released on Wii U in the summer but obviously it wont be ready by then and if the 3DS version is ready by then there is no reason to delay it and have 3DS sales plummet over the summer months with no big releases just because they want Wii U to sell better.

Quote Tree Trimmed - Conegamer

It doesn't matter because just one being sold already puts some in their pockets and it is still selling enough to do fine . It doesn't need anymore help.  The only thing nintendo is losing money from is   the wii u. Yes you are fanboy because you are defending a company full of midgets that made a dumb choice and can't understand which one actually needs help. From a business st asandpoint if there is a pain that keeps stings you  fix it as fast as possible not delay it like nintendo did with the wii u version. 

Im trying to have a civil discussion with u, there is no reason to resort to name calling over a difference of opinion, especially when I havent said anything that would suggest im a fanboy. U just got banned for calling people that, it probably isnt wise to continue doing so if u plan on staying on this site. Nintendo is not delaying the Wii U version, they are simply releasing it when its ready and they have a decent selection of games to fill in the gap between Mario Kart and Smash Bros. Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Sonic Boom are exclusives that could easily see summer releases, X or Yarn Yoshi could potentially release this fall and multiplat releases such as One Piece, Disney Infinity 2, Project Cars, Watch Dogs, Just Dance 2015, Skylanders, Call of Duty are all likely candidates to release before Smash Bros and there is also a strong chance of Nintendo announcing a couple games at E3 that release before the year is over. U act like Smash Bros is the only game releasing for Wii U from June-Dec when that is cleary not the case. Nintendo would either have to rush the Wii U version in order to have it done by summer which could affect its quality or they would have to delay the 3DS version to winter which would be dumb to delay an already completed game.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Cheebee said:
curl-6 said:

Tropical Freeze was announced for November 2013.

Well yes, they could still delay the game at some point in the future, obviously. That's always a possibility with every game until it's actually out. But as it stands right now, they specifically stated 'winter 2014'.

With Nintendo is a very distinct possibility though. I don't trust them anymore when it comes to dates, their delays are legendary. :(

kidvizious said:

I'm sorry but Iwata has to go. Iwata was great but even kings lose their crowns eventually.

Would getting rid of him solve the problem though? Does he make all the decisions himself, like a Monarchy? Or would the whole upper management need to be purged?

There's also the scary possibility that his replacement might be even worse, like one of those idiots who wants to put Nintendo games on smartphones.

SubiyaCryolite said:
oniyide said:
anyone who really thinks MK8 is going to carry the Wii U till winter, is crazy.

I dont think anyone thinks that XD

someone said it earlier in the thread. I wouldnt have brought it up if no one said it.

Around the Network
episteme said:
I think they'll do a special promotion like "register the 3DS version and a Wii U in a certain time frame and get a download code of the Wii U version for free."

And combine that with interesting connectivity features like the ability to play all modes on Wii U if you have both versions.

They want to sell both versions. Different stages, modes and release date.

I only planned to get the Wii U version, but I'm getting both now.

Yeah, casual Smash players with a 3DS will probably only get the 3DS version, but do you seriously think that "real" Smash fans that didn't buy 3DS or Wii U so far will buy a 3DS for Smash and skip the Wii U for it?

here's the thing. how much "real" smash bros players are there? Id bet its not enough to turn Wii U around. IMHO that number will be much closer to Melee sales than Brawl sales.

sethnintendo said:
oniyide said:
anyone who really thinks MK8 is going to carry the Wii U till winter, is crazy.

It will carry it enough.  It will probably be enough to keep the Wii U ahead of Xbox till the holiday season.  Wii U won't take back the lead from Sony but it should stay ahead of Microsoft in sales.  Does that sound crazy to you?

honestly? yes it does. You are still putting too much stock in MK8, actually scratch that you are putting too much faith in HW period. Wii U is not desired HW xone is that is a system people want at least more than Wii U. Wii u will be above it for a couple of weeks, but till holidays? with xone getting big 3rd party games? (Batman, AC) no really

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Raido said:
What idiot would release their big release first? lol
Are people crazy here?

This.

No more needs to be said.

If Software sales were all Nintendo needed to be concerned with then sure.... Unfortunately they have a system that is leaking money and is in dire need of momentum. If the casual market was still around I'm sure Nintendo could have afforeded to ride off Mario Kart for 6months but I don't think they are. 

The 3DS on the other hand has peaked and is going down an irreversible decline, especially in Japan. If Monster Hunter and Pokemon couldn't give it a longterm software boost, then neither can smash bros. The software will sell a ton, but this would have been the case regardless of when it was released. 

oniyide said:
episteme said:
I think they'll do a special promotion like "register the 3DS version and a Wii U in a certain time frame and get a download code of the Wii U version for free."

And combine that with interesting connectivity features like the ability to play all modes on Wii U if you have both versions.

They want to sell both versions. Different stages, modes and release date.

I only planned to get the Wii U version, but I'm getting both now.

Yeah, casual Smash players with a 3DS will probably only get the 3DS version, but do you seriously think that "real" Smash fans that didn't buy 3DS or Wii U so far will buy a 3DS for Smash and skip the Wii U for it?

here's the thing. how much "real" smash bros players are there? Id bet its not enough to turn Wii U around. IMHO that number will be much closer to Melee sales than Brawl sales.

But closer to Melee than Brawl doesn't mean that it's bad. I'd predict 8M LTD for the Wii U version at the moment which would be a success in my opinion.

Depends what you mean by turning the Wii U around.

Outselling the competition over long periods of time? No.

Stop losing money on the Wii U with the releases of MK8 and SSB? I'd say yes.

I just can't imagine that many Melee and Brawl fans buy the 3DS version alone. The competitive community will be mostly on Wii U.

episteme said:
oniyide said:
episteme said:

But closer to Melee than Brawl doesn't mean that it's bad. I'd predict 8M LTD for the Wii U version at the moment which would be a success in my opinion.

Depends what you mean by turning the Wii U around.

Outselling the competition over long periods of time? No.

Stop losing money on the Wii U with the releases of MK8 and SSB? I'd say yes.

I just can't imagine that many Melee and Brawl fans buy the 3DS version alone. The competitive community will be mostly on Wii U.

I don't think MK8 n SSB4 would stop the losses, as they must still be losing a ton of money on Wii U if even the 3DS couldn't offset the losses last year. Plus they'll probably do another price cut by the time SSB4 releases.
Also, competitive players are a small minority. Don't let their loudness fool you!