By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros: 3DS Summer; Wii U Winter

Mystro-Sama said:

Fucking pathetic! They've really damned the Wii U to die a painful death...
Mods might think i'm trolling but I don't give a fuck. -.-

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

I don't see anything wrong with his post.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

this isn´t official...or is it?

(I haven´t seen the ND yet.... flash player blocked on my job computer..)

I think they'll do a special promotion like "register the 3DS version and a Wii U in a certain time frame and get a download code of the Wii U version for free."

And combine that with interesting connectivity features like the ability to play all modes on Wii U if you have both versions.

They want to sell both versions. Different stages, modes and release date.

I only planned to get the Wii U version, but I'm getting both now.

Yeah, casual Smash players with a 3DS will probably only get the 3DS version, but do you seriously think that "real" Smash fans that didn't buy 3DS or Wii U so far will buy a 3DS for Smash and skip the Wii U for it?

shakarak said:

As I said in another thread, this is a genius move by Nintendo to sell more software. Most wii U owners were not planning on getting both (me included). Now they are pretty much forcing wii U owners to pick up the 3ds version and additionally pick up the Wii U version later for the definitive version. Smart move by Nintendo to prevent cannibilization of sales and split one relesae into two major releases in the same year.

Same for me, especially after this direct showed that both versions have exclusive content. But there are not that much WiiU-owners, and Nintendo would win more to sell more WiiUs and other software for that system. Hmm.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I don't know about you all, but I sure am glad I'll be able to play SSB4 sooner than expected! ^_^

Around the Network
Hedra42 said:

I dunno, I think they're playing clever. I think they've held back on announcing the extra feature for Wii U for a good reason, and I think that reason might be tied in with the fact that he teased interactivity between Wii U and 3DS, but wouldn't elaborate on it until 'a later date'. I think that they want as many people as possible to buy the 3DS version, and whatever they have up their sleeve will make the Wii U version a must-have for the 3DS version owners.

I hope you're right. But I assume the feature will not so 'must have', that it will be bringing much sales for WiiU.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Einsam_Delphin said:
I don't know about you all, but I sure am glad I'll be able to play SSB4 sooner than expected! ^_^

I was expecting both versions to release in the winter, so the fact that I'll be playing one version this summer is a pleasant surprise...

Have a nice day...

leedlelee said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I was expecting both versions to release in the winter, so the fact that I'll be playing one version this summer is a pleasant surprise...

Indeeds! MK8 + SSB4 = best summer for Nintendo!
Well maybe not since they'll probably give it an August 30th release date. :L

Lawlight said:
sethnintendo said:
Fusioncode said:
sethnintendo said:
I don't see a problem considering MK8 can carry Wii U till holiday season. SSB will be a great holiday title for the Wii U helping the sales when they matter the most.

I think you're overestimating Mario Kart. One game cannot sell a console for 6 months. 

Wii Sports sold the Wii for years.  MK Wii was still sold out 2+ years after release during the holiday seasons (I remember seeing on Craigslist people desperate for MK Wii 2 or 3 years after release during holiday season offering 80+ for the game so they could get it for their kids for Christmas).

Wii Sports was bundled. Plus, that crowd is gone now.

Wii Sports crowd might be gone but do you think the Mario Kart crowd is gone?

If anything shouldn't this be the other way around? I mean they need to start pushing some Wii U sales and this isn't going to do that.