By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros: 3DS Summer; Wii U Winter

oniyide said:
anyone who really thinks MK8 is going to carry the Wii U till winter, is crazy.

It will carry it enough.  It will probably be enough to keep the Wii U ahead of Xbox till the holiday season.  Wii U won't take back the lead from Sony but it should stay ahead of Microsoft in sales.  Does that sound crazy to you?

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Lawlight said:
sethnintendo said:
Fusioncode said:
sethnintendo said:

Wii Sports was bundled. Plus, that crowd is gone now.

Wii Sports crowd might be gone but do you think the Mario Kart crowd is gone?

Wii Sports crowd was what enabled Mario Kart Wii to sell so well, but like you said, they're gone now, so Mario Kart is back to selling like it usually does.

NobleTeam360 said:
If anything shouldn't this be the other way around? I mean they need to start pushing some Wii U sales and this isn't going to do that.

They need to push 3DS sales aswell, so if the game is ready, it should be released. Wii U is not the center of the universe people!

curl-6 said:
DélioPT said:

Now i want to see how iwata is going to keep the wii u momentum in the west after mk 8.

He won't, that's the problem. He'll stick his fingers in his ears and yell "lalalalalalalala" pretending there isn't a problem while sales grind to a halt, because he's an incompetent moron.

:D

I don`t he`s incompetent, it`s just that mistakes were made in the past and now it`s time to pay them.

Sony took 2 years to turn things around for PS3. MS is going through difficulties.
Nintendo`s problem is that there are no 3rd parties to cover the mistakes.

Still, let`s see what the next ND will show. Maybe things won`t be as bad as they seem now. There`s still Hyrule warriors, B2 and... and... the NFC and dual gamepad games?

Einsam_Delphin said:

Wii Sports crowd was what enabled Mario Kart Wii to sell so well, but like you said, they're gone now, so Mario Kart is back to selling like it usually does.

So the series will return to selling ~10m copies if that is the case.

Around the Network

I've seen several people state that because of this news they will be getting both versions, and I echo that sentiment. Before, I prioritized the Wii U version, as there was no way I would spend that much money for a lesser version of the game when the superior one was readily available. And now the 3ds version also serves as an advertisement for the Wii U version, which will get a holiday release to boot. It's a much better idea than having them both release at the same time, which would only hurt sales for both.

sethnintendo said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

So the series will return to selling ~10m copies if that is the case.

On 3DS yeah, but more like 7 million give or take on Wii U. The main thing I was getting at was how it was the hardware (motion controls, Wii Wheel) that bolstered Mario Kart, not the other way around. The Wii was selling great even before MKWii arrived afterall.

Einsam_Delphin said:
NobleTeam360 said:
If anything shouldn't this be the other way around? I mean they need to start pushing some Wii U sales and this isn't going to do that.

They need to push 3DS sales aswell, so if the game is ready, it should be released. Wii U is not the center of the universe people!

Yeah but the 3DS will do fine regardless of SSB being on it or not. I just think if they really wanted to push Wii U sales they would have released it first on Wii U. Just my opinion though I guess we'll see when SSB comes out for the Wii U. 

NobleTeam360 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Yeah but the 3DS will do fine regardless of SSB being on it or not. I just think if they really wanted to push Wii U sales they would have released it first on Wii U. Just my opinion though I guess we'll see when SSB comes out for the Wii U. 

No system would do fine with droughts, and as of right now, we'd be looking at a very long one for 3DS after Kirby n Mario Golf if SSB4 didn't exist. Don't forget how it was selling before SM3DL and MK7 arrived!

PATRIOT7GAMING said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Hardly. I don't even like the game. I'm explaining why the release schedule makes sense. You're just unable to grasp it.

Wii u is not making profit and 3DS is. Now tell me which one matters more at this point? Excatly.

From a business perspective, obviously the 3DS.