By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros: 3DS Summer; Wii U Winter

d21lewis said:
You could have used your entire OP as the thread title instead of that vague, random title you decided to go with. I thought this was a thread about Nintendo being your god.

You must haven mistaken one of my threads.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152847&page=1

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Fusioncode said:
sethnintendo said:
I don't see a problem considering MK8 can carry Wii U till holiday season. SSB will be a great holiday title for the Wii U helping the sales when they matter the most.

I think you're overestimating Mario Kart. One game cannot sell a console for 6 months. 

Wii Sports sold the Wii for years.  MK Wii was still sold out 2+ years after release during the holiday seasons (I remember seeing on Craigslist people desperate for MK Wii 2 or 3 years after release during holiday season offering 80+ for the game so they could get it for their kids for Christmas).

You can't be serious. Mario Kart Wii was sold out for two years straight? What? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Summer is the slowest time of the year for video games and console sales. Why would you release a blockbuster during the summer and just get a marginal bump in hardware sales? You would see a far greater bump during the holiday season.  Of course the Wii U needs the game but I can see the justification for holding it for the holiday season. 

Release it during the summer and you might get a 20-40k bump.  Release it around Black Friday and you would see a 100-200k bump.

Fusioncode said:
sethnintendo said:
Fusioncode said:
sethnintendo said:
I don't see a problem considering MK8 can carry Wii U till holiday season. SSB will be a great holiday title for the Wii U helping the sales when they matter the most.

I think you're overestimating Mario Kart. One game cannot sell a console for 6 months. 

Wii Sports sold the Wii for years.  MK Wii was still sold out 2+ years after release during the holiday seasons (I remember seeing on Craigslist people desperate for MK Wii 2 or 3 years after release during holiday season offering 80+ for the game so they could get it for their kids for Christmas).

You can't be serious. Mario Kart Wii was sold out for two years straight? What? 

I was talking about during the holiday season.  It sold out during the holiday season 2 or 3 years after release.  Parents trying to pick up the game for their kids would result in it being sold out.  It happened where I live which is a decently major city in USA (Austin, TX).

Worst decision ever.

Wii U Needs it alot more than 3ds.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

I suppose if the wii u version was coming out in summer, people would probably be up in arms saying that they should have released during the holidays. Personally im just glad it wasn't delayed until 2015, i was fearing the worst.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha
God they put effort into this ahahahahaha
I can't hahahahaha
hahahahahaah

OK. Who the hell thought this was a good idea.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Gahh wtf... the 3ds is already selling T_T

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

guess I'm going to get the 3ds version to tide me over

sethnintendo said:

Summer is the slowest month of the year for video games and console sales. Why would you release a blockbuster during the summer and just get a marginal bump in hardware sales? You would see a far greater bump during the holiday season.  Of course the Wii U needs the game but I can see the justification for holding it for the holiday season. 

Release it during the summer and you might get a 20-30k bump.  Release it around Black Friday and you would see a 100-200k bump.