By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you expect from Nintendo at E3?

I predict a week before e3 (or the e3 direct)...Reggie will post a picture of himself, in his office, on twitter which some psycho's will convince themselves (and everyone else online) that if you turn the picture upside down and look at it in reverse through squinted eyes, while shining a torch through it you can just ,barely, make out the shape of samus's big toe, and convince eveyone else who'll listen that this 'big toe' alludes to some upcoming reveal at e3 of some dream nintendo coregame that fans have clamoured for for years (a new starfox maybe)...
In reality we'll probably get Animal Crossing U (not that there's anything wrong with that) and everyone will cry that nintendo have lost it. Again.

Around the Network

Remake of both Wave Races (N64 and GC) with the engine of Mario Kart 8!

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Release windows... 

Fixed, we don't get exact dates at E3 except for games announced ages ago... But yeah we will probably get dates for Bayonetta 2 and Smash. Hope X gets a name too, that'll be like a re-reveal of the game.

Edit: oops contradicted myself, sorry. But yeah what I wrote is what I expect.

Yep.

TheLastStarFighter said:
zorg1000 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
I find it interesting the people expecting Retro's next IP. They probably just started it in November with DKCTF wrapping up. Nintendo recently stated that Retro is now pretty much big enough to work on 2 titles, but I think that is a very recent development.

Yoshiaki Koizumi has stated that EAD Tokyo was working on a second game while making SM3DW, however, and said we'll here about that soon. I think there's a chance at E3.

There is also most definitely an NFC game in the works too which is supposed to launch this year. I can see these 2 titles and Zelda U forming the heart of their Wii U reveals for E3, to go along with updates on the titles we know about.

If Retro started the game in November that would mean it will have about 6 months of development time by E3 which might be long enough for a teaser trailer with a full reveal next E3.

On a 3-year development cycle, they would essentially have nothing to show at the 10% complete stage.

Im talking like a 15 second CGI teaser trailer that shows no gameplay or anything like that, just something to get fans excited about there new project.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Mario kart 8, and for nintendo to sit hiding in tbe corner, while ms and sony dominate tbe show. Because nintendo doesnt want to try and compete.

Around the Network
Justagamer said:
Mario kart 8, and for nintendo to sit hiding in tbe corner, while ms and sony dominate tbe show. Because nintendo doesnt want to try and compete.

Mario Kart releases 2 weeks before E3

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Mario. A lot of Mario.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I expect Nintendo to announce that they are spending at least one of their billions of dollars on 20 epic exclusive titles for Wii U (at an average of $50 million a piece) in order to restore their reputation. The games will be developed by well known AAA development studios both Japanese and western. Some more money will be used to secure timed exclusivity for the biggest titles of the next 2 years and beyond.

I trust I won't be disappointed.

As a person I have high expectations both from myself and other people and Nintendo is no different, despite the chance of being dissapointed. Having said that, I expect there  to be a full unveiling of Zelda on Wii U (including a playable form), which we all know is going to happen - Nintendo said so themselves. I want Nintendo to take full advantage of the gamepad for the new Zelda game, one can imagine what puzzle solving elements they can come up with on the touch screen. My expectation (or hope) is they announce either a Star Fox or Metroid for the Wii U - ecstatic if both, but I wont expect it considering the likelihood of that happening. If there were a Star Fox game, then I want it to be a action/adventure with a nice balance between adventure and action elements - akin to Zelda or Metroid. Speaking of action/adventure, I wish Nintendo would unveil a Kid Icarus title for the Wii U. How awesome would it be to play Kid Icarus set in Ancient Greece complete with Greek mythology and villians. A perfect fit for the series. One can only dream!

-Some more Super Smash Bros coverage and playable demos
-They will show Zelda HD
-Updates on X, Sonic Boom, Bayonetta 2, Zelda Hyrule Warriors.
-Some Mario Kart 8 related DLC, maybe a 2nd expansion for NSMBU.
-Some news about NDS virtual console
That's it.