By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you expect from Nintendo at E3?

benji232 said:
Unveil their next-gen handheld system which will see a release of holiday 2015. I also expect a trailer for the new zelda on wiiU.

Even if they are working on that (which I think they almost certainly are right now) they won't show that until next year. Showing a new handheld now and then not releasing it for a year would just skewer 3DS sales for no reason. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
benji232 said:
Unveil their next-gen handheld system which will see a release of holiday 2015. I also expect a trailer for the new zelda on wiiU.

Even if they are working on that (which I think they almost certainly are right now) they won't show that until next year. Showing a new handheld now and then not releasing it for a year would just skewer 3DS sales for no reason. 

They always unveil their hardware 1year -2 years before the actual release. They unveiled the wiiU in 2011 and the system released in 2012. Same thing with 3ds (altough it was a early 2011 release but still).

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

benji232 said:
Soundwave said:
benji232 said:

They always unveil their hardware 1year -2 years before the actual release. They unveiled the wiiU in 2011 and the system released in 2012. Same thing with 3ds (altough it was a early 2011 release but still).

They unveil their handhelds generally pretty close to launch. 

DS was unveiled in 2004 and launched in 2004. 

3DS was unveiled in 2010 was supposed to launch for late 2010, but they didn't have enough games ready. 

They can save the new handheld reveal for next E3, there's little to no incentive to show it this June. Nintendo needs to squeeze as much profit out of the 3DS for the next fiscal year, because Wii U sure as hell is not pulling its weight. 

Reggie jokes
fall / winter release schedule (2-4 new games)
some hardware push / bundles (wiiu/3ds)
new hardware (not wiiu) / 3DS related / more info on QoL

Soundwave said:

- Zelda U debut, Nintendo NFC toys, full X unveiling, full Yarn Yoshi unveiling, full SMT x Fire Emblem trailer, new Smash Bros. trailer, new Hyrule Warriors trailer, announcement of Mario Kart 8 DLC.

- Metroid, new Fire Emblem, Monolith RPG, Advance Wars (eShop only), and Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D for 3DS. I think a new Mario platformer may be in the works for the 3DS too, but perhaps not in the "New" series.

Sounds like you are just dying to be disappointed. 

Around the Network

I expect a sequel to Nintendo Land and an extra long showcase on the new and improved fireworks that Miyamoto has been hard at work with. Retro will announce that their next title(s) will be DLC for Nintendo Land: Mario and Friends.

benji232 said:

I love how everyone just assumes they will drop their current systems prematurely. 

Clyde32 said:
benji232 said:

I love how everyone just assumes they will drop their current systems prematurely. 

By november 2015, the 3ds will be almost 5 years old. That's not exactly what I would call "dropping their systems prematurely". Especially when you look at the usual life cycle of Nintendo products.

Soundwave said:
benji232 said:
Soundwave said:
benji232 said:

They unveil their handhelds generally pretty close to launch. 

DS was unveiled in 2004 and launched in 2004. 

3DS was unveiled in 2010 was supposed to launch for late 2010, but they didn't have enough games ready. 

They can save the new handheld reveal for next E3, there's little to no incentive to show it this June. Nintendo needs to squeeze as much profit out of the 3DS for the next fiscal year, because Wii U sure as hell is not pulling its weight. 

Perhaps that you're right, but a holiday 2015 release for their next handheld is pretty much set in stone at this point seeing the continuous decline in sales of 3ds hardware.

Going for the non-obvious things: CoD Vita ported to Wii U with Ghosts engine!