By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you expect from Nintendo at E3?

snowdog said:
We'll see what we saw for E3 2012. A pre-E3 Nintendo Direct and an E3 conference.

And they're going to need them both.

We're going to see the following:

1) Zelda U
2) Metroid U
3) Starfox U by Platinum Games
4) Ice Climbers 3D
5) Wave Race U
6) Eternal Darkness HD (given the Wind Waker HD treatment)
7) News of Sega and Nintendo collaborating to bring Bayonetta 1 to the Wii U

And no, I'm not setting myself up for disappointment lol

Let's make a bet. I bet that Metroid, Starfox, Ice Climbers, Wave Race, and Eternal Darkness HD will not be announced. 

For everyone I'm right about, you put that I was right for that amount of days (Like if I get 3 right, you do it for 3 days)

And vise versa.

Around the Network

Paper Mario U(JRPG)
Zelda U(Guaranteed)
Miyamoto's new IP
(Hopefully) Metroid.

burninmylight said:
ieatdragonz said:
Nintentacle said:
ieatdragonz said:
Nintentacle said:
The only announcement I'm 100% sure about is Zelda U. Not sure about anything else, but I'm hoping for a Paper Mario U announcement.

Paper Mario U, Zelda U, and Smash for Wii U will make me remember this console as a good console not a device people were dissappointed with.

If they end up not doing this Nintendo will forever look like monkeys to me.

Do you mean announced at E3? Because those will are all coming to the console.

Paper Mario and Zelda U still haven't been announced yet. There's still a good chance Paper Mario U is not coming so I want an announcment. If Zelda U isn't announced Nintendo will pretty much kill themselves.

They've said Zelda U is in development. We just don't have a single detail on it. I have zero confidence we will get a Paper Mario in the vein of 64 and TTYD anytime within the next five years. After they screwed up Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star and moved the RPG stuff to the Mario & Luigi series on handhelds, I bet they just stick that IP in the freezer. A damn shame too.

You know I must be Insane because Super Paper Mario is one of my favorite games of all time.

Screw Sticker Star though.

Consoles: 3DS, Wii U, and Vita soon. Super Paper Mario fan.

Zelda + their NFC toy game and not a whole lot else in terms of new stuff.

They will finally show more on X, Bayo 2, Yarn Yoshi and SMT x Fire Emblem though.

Miyamoto IP
A bunch of casual games including NFC titles
Zelda U
Release dates and/or more trailers of Smash, Bayonetta and X.
Posibbly a little surprise like Majoras Mask 3d

Around the Network

3DS:

- Metroid
- Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire remake
- Majora's Mask remake

Wii U:

- Zelda Wii U
- More footage from FE X SMT, Yarn Yoshi and Bayonetta 2
- Paper Mario U
- Mario Strikers

- 2 new characters revealed of SSB4

- Miyamoto's new IP

More than last year, that's all I expect.

- Zelda U debut, Nintendo NFC toys, full X unveiling, full Yarn Yoshi unveiling, full SMT x Fire Emblem trailer, new Smash Bros. trailer, new Hyrule Warriors trailer, announcement of Mario Kart 8 DLC.

- Metroid, new Fire Emblem, Monolith RPG, Advance Wars (eShop only), and Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D for 3DS. I think a new Mario platformer may be in the works for the 3DS too, but perhaps not in the "New" series.

Tough to make these predictions 2 months before E3 when a Nintendo Direct could happen any time fulfilling those expectations in advance.

Unveil their next-gen handheld system which will see a release of holiday 2015. I also expect a trailer for the new zelda on wiiU.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M