By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you expect from Nintendo at E3?

Every year I make a lot of hypotheses, and every year, I'm dissapointed. This year, My hopes are less important than the ones of the previous year.

Hear are my suppositions.

3DS :

- Pokémon Z (Pretty Sure)

- Majora's Mask HD (Pretty Sure)

- Some Smash Bros 4 news because they have nothing else to show (an exclusive character for the handheld, or a new stage, something like that)

Wii U :

- Zelda U (Sure, if not they are dead and I will probably destroy my Wii U, or throwing it up in my swimming-pool...)

- Smash Bros 4, Yoshi Yarn U and Hyrule Warriors news (^^)

- RFelease dates for X and Bayo 2

- Paper Mario U (Not sure)

- Mario Party 10 (Not sure at all)

- New Miyamoto IP (we're waiting for it)

That's all, I think. I will be disappointed, for sure... like last year, and the one before.

Yoshi's the best of the beasts

Around the Network
AZWification said:

I will be pretty pissed if Reggie doesn't get confirmed for Smash Bros 4 at E3!

I'm pretty sure they're going to announce Miis as a character, and announce downloadable Reggie Miis.

I wonder if the leaked list from Miiverse is finally going to find closure. From the list there`s a FF and MGS game waiting for an announcement.

pokoko said:
The best fur I've seen in my entire life.

If they announce something Majora's Mask related, I'll be in heaven and it will be forever known as the best day ever. Period. Bar none. Eclipsing my birth and wedding day in magnitude.

Around the Network

It's no secret Retro are most probably working on Metroid, however I hear work only started in November so I think it's too early to expect anything there other that a CGI trailer....
The new Miyamoto IP will be shown with perhaps something playable....
SSB, SMK 8, X and Bayonetta will be fully playable.....
Some new 3rd party games will be unveiled with a big emphasis on the 50 indie games using the Unity engine.
At least 1, maybe 2 Nintendo IP's will return. My money is on F-Zero U and maybe a Wii U Pokémon.
And lets have Sega and Nintendo bring out Streets of Rage 4 please!!!!!

TheLastStarFighter said:
I find it interesting the people expecting Retro's next IP. They probably just started it in November with DKCTF wrapping up. Nintendo recently stated that Retro is now pretty much big enough to work on 2 titles, but I think that is a very recent development.

Yoshiaki Koizumi has stated that EAD Tokyo was working on a second game while making SM3DW, however, and said we'll here about that soon. I think there's a chance at E3.

There is also most definitely an NFC game in the works too which is supposed to launch this year. I can see these 2 titles and Zelda U forming the heart of their Wii U reveals for E3, to go along with updates on the titles we know about.

If Retro started the game in November that would mean it will have about 6 months of development time by E3 which might be long enough for a teaser trailer with a full reveal next E3.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

All I care about is the new Zelda. That. Is. It.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

What I expect:

Zelda U
Metroid U
Two new characters for Super Smash confirmed
Bravely Sequel
X's official name and release date.
Bayonetta 2's release date AND first game port.

What I will get:
Zelda U
Two new characters for Smash
X's official name.
Bayonetta 2's release date.
Miyamoto's IP and it is disappointing.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

zorg1000 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
I find it interesting the people expecting Retro's next IP. They probably just started it in November with DKCTF wrapping up. Nintendo recently stated that Retro is now pretty much big enough to work on 2 titles, but I think that is a very recent development.

Yoshiaki Koizumi has stated that EAD Tokyo was working on a second game while making SM3DW, however, and said we'll here about that soon. I think there's a chance at E3.

There is also most definitely an NFC game in the works too which is supposed to launch this year. I can see these 2 titles and Zelda U forming the heart of their Wii U reveals for E3, to go along with updates on the titles we know about.

If Retro started the game in November that would mean it will have about 6 months of development time by E3 which might be long enough for a teaser trailer with a full reveal next E3.

On a 3-year development cycle, they would essentially have nothing to show at the 10% complete stage.