By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Third party question/solution for people with Wii U's

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I do agree but not everyone has a gaming PC or they dont want to play on a pc either... specially if all your friends are on consoles

But look on the bright side... Least massive amounts of first party developers aren't leaving Nintendo

Yes, playing on PC is nice, but he is trying to say that everyone can play on their current PC? It's not that easy. My laptop has a dedicated NVidia card and I can't play Metro Last Light not even on low (and most of people now have notebooks, so that's a problem). My desktop won't have problems with Metro, but I've spent a considerable amount on it to achieve that. And if you want the famous 1080p @ 60 fps, then you are in trouble. Believe me, most of the PC gamers that say that they can play everything on ultra at that resolution and framerate are simply lying.

Around the Network

When you become one with the PC Master Race, you learn you don't even need a Nintendo console to play Nintendo games.

Anfebious said:
Indeed, the best combo is PC+Nintendo, no doubt about it.

This.

Pretty sure that's what most Wii U owners do.

oniyide said:
question 1? what happens when there is NO PC version. That has been the case. especially when it comes to Japan games. KH, FF, MG etc.

question 2? what does that prove, you still need another gaming machine because stuff isnt coming to WIi U?

Question 1) The same that happens when a multiplatform game is XB1/PC or PS4/PC only, if you want to play every mutiplat out there you'll need every console available.

Question 2) WiiU also has stuff that doesn't come to other machines. PC has stuff that doesn't come to consoles. Again, if you want to play every game available, you'll also need every console available.

Around the Network
RazorDragon said:
oniyide said:
question 1? what happens when there is NO PC version. That has been the case. especially when it comes to Japan games. KH, FF, MG etc.

question 2? what does that prove, you still need another gaming machine because stuff isnt coming to WIi U?

Question 1) The same that happens when a multiplatform game is XB1/PC or PS4/PC only, if you want to play every mutiplat out there you'll need every console available.

Question 2) WiiU also has stuff that doesn't come to other machines. PC has stuff that doesn't come to consoles. Again, if you want to play every game available, you'll also need every console available.

In this era of gaming, people will buy a console for an FPS/TPS game over any other genre in a heartbeat. Titanfall, CoD, GTA5, and Battlefield 4 is proof of this. If Nintendo could make a "mature"FPS/TPS game themselves, it would probably be capable of persuading "core gamers" to buy a Wii U (maybe even more if it wasn't call that).

I think that's good if you want to stay only with the WiiU but not for people like me who want to play Tales of, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Persona and games like that on console but there are many for handheld.

I prefer playing on my couch on a big screen TV. Second I do like a lot of console exclusives -- Uncharted, MGS, etc. 

oniyide said:

There are always going to be games that are exclusives to certain devices such as consoles and on pc. If someone wants Red Dead Redemption/FF13/Catherine, they'll want to get ps360 and on other hand if they want to play many other pc exlusives like Starcraft 2, Dota and various other mmo's they'll need a pc. 

This thread was mostly for people whose first priority is Nintendo games. So, they get a Wii, Wii U, etc no matter what. For the occasional 3rd party game they want to play, pc seems to be the most cost effective option considering the versatility and backwards compatibile content available that goes all the way to birth of gaming. 

I guess i sort of answered the 2nd question. As there will always be games that are not on your chosen console. Recently, the biggest game in the month of march (Titanfall) is not availble on PS4 but the people who were interested in it were very vocal that they can always get it on pc. 

Soundwave said:

I prefer playing on my couch on a big screen TV. Second I do like a lot of console exclusives -- Uncharted, MGS, etc. 

Good. Buy a PS4/Xbone or become more knowledgable about things like Steam's Big Picture. 

Again, the original intent of this thread was for people who are not interested in first party games of Playstation and Xbox and just want the occasional 3rd party game that doesn't show up on Nintendo systems. If they cared about Uncharted and MGS, they would be buying a PS4 anyways and won't care if Wii U gets 3rd party games or not.