By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Third party question/solution for people with Wii U's

oniyide said:

no its not, wow you get ONE version of Street Fighter 4 on PC, thats great. Where's SUper, Ultra? SFxT, fine. The first BlazBLue? WOw, where are the rest where on like 5 now. KOF13? when on steam? what country? WHere's Tekken? Wheres Virtua Fighter? the Vs. series? the Persona fighter? Dead or ALive? where are the BIG dawgs of fighters?

As I said, all Street Fighter IV versions except for the original Super are/will be on PC. That includes the first one, Arcade Edition, and the upcoming Ultra. And here is King of Fighters XIII on Steam. BlazBlue, I already stated, only the first one (you can play some of the Arcade versions through piracy, but let's not get into that...).

As for the rest, I already recognized how many fighting games are not currently available on PC, so I don't know what more do you want here. You claimed that "the entire fighting game genre seems so miss PC and Ninty home consoles. Thats a whole damn genre.", so you were still objectively wrong. The genre is now more than ever available on PC, even if many series are still currently skipping it. And the whole "big dawgs" thing is debatable, so I'm not getting into that. It's certainly not the same to talk about Tekken than to talk about Persona... Either way, a genre is more than just a few big names, and it would be hard to argue against Capcom here anyway...

oniyide said:

Yes im aware of those games on Wii systems, but lets be real, those games are spinoffs at best, its better than Nothing BUT where were the big dawgs? As a fighting game fan I want to play the actual games, not some crap Capcom, Tecmo, Namco slapped together and threw it out there in hope of some sales. (no disrepect to TTT2 for Wii U that was actually good). For right now, in terms of support the PS and Xbox systems have been getting the brunt of it. Kind of hard to argue that.

Tatsunoko VS Capcom is definitely not some "crap slapped together". It's a VS game, just as valid as the rest, developed by the same team that worked on Marvel VS Capcom 3 (8ing, with Ryota Niitsuma from Capcom as director/producer). It's fine if you don't care for it, but that's your opinion, not a fact. And the Guilty Gear XX versions are expansions for what was already a game loved by many fans of the genre, not spinoffs or "crap" either.

The 3DS games are obviously not in the same level as the home console ones in terms of features, support, or graphics, sure, but as far as I know, the gameplay is largely intact. They're not meant to be replacements for the main games, yet can still be good enough to satiate the thirst of those who just want a fighting game on the go, or as a small taste of what the series are about. Spinoffs or arguably inferior versions ? Sure. "Crap" ? I don't think so. They're good for what they are, so I thought they deserved a mention.

oniyide said:

But its not a compesation because you are still missing a lot of stuff, that was my point. But hey it depends on the person if you are cool with missing a bunch of games, then thats fine. Most people arent. and sales show it. Its not like people care about SOny games so much you think PS2 and 1 flew off the shelves because of 1st party? nope it did becasue it got the best support period. from EVERYONE, WW ANd i dont see that changing anytime soon.

We're not talking about PS1 or PS2 here. The industry in general is moving towards multiplatform development, a trend that wasn't there as much back in the PS2 days, not to mention how Japanese developers have largely moved to handhelds since DS/PSP and now even including smartphones. We already saw PS3 and 360 share a ton of their content, with most Western developers including PC in the equation thanks to the success of Steam and ease of porting. And then there's all the Japanese games I mentioned coming to PC (among others), many of them being from developers/publishers that are new to the scene, not to mention the current rise of indie developers.

Now that Sony and Microsoft chose the x86 architecture for their platforms and Japanese developers are either developing or licensing multiplatform engines for their games, porting has become easier than ever before for them. The only question mark here is whether they care, and the signs so far have been positive. Of course, I can't predict the future, so this is still speculation... But the facts are certainly there to back things up.

Seems like we're not going to agree anyway though, so let's just leave it at that. I would just like to reiterate here that this thread was directed at Nintendo fans who don't care about Sony/Microsoft games, so what "most people" do is beyond the point here. And anyone that ignores Nintendo platforms is going to miss plenty of exclusive content, specially Japanese games with 3DS (a rather popular platform, if you insist of bringing up hardware sales here...). At the end of the day, each of us will decide what we want based on our personal taste and budget, and the only way to play everything will always be to buy every platform. This is just one of the alternatives to consider, no more, no less.

Around the Network
green_sky said:
Cobretti2 said:
OP would make logical sense if Sony stopped making fresh new exclusive IPs.

It is hard to pass up a Sony console with all the 1st party exclusives.

OP is crazy. Made a thread about people that are not interested in Microsoft and Sony first party games. I mean is that even possible, crazy OP.

No but seriously thread is not aimed at people who are into 1st party games on competing platforms or niche japanese anime games that only show up on Playstation. 

indeed. 1st party games on all systems are too good to ignore.

seiya19 said:
oniyide said:

no its not, wow you get ONE version of Street Fighter 4 on PC, thats great. Where's SUper, Ultra? SFxT, fine. The first BlazBLue? WOw, where are the rest where on like 5 now. KOF13? when on steam? what country? WHere's Tekken? Wheres Virtua Fighter? the Vs. series? the Persona fighter? Dead or ALive? where are the BIG dawgs of fighters?

As I said, all Street Fighter IV versions except for the original Super are/will be on PC. That includes the first one, Arcade Edition, and the upcoming Ultra. And here is King of Fighters XIII on Steam. BlazBlue, I already stated, only the first one (you can play some of the Arcade versions through piracy, but let's not get into that...).

As for the rest, I already recognized how many fighting games are not currently available on PC, so I don't know what more do you want here. You claimed that "the entire fighting game genre seems so miss PC and Ninty home consoles. Thats a whole damn genre.", so you were still objectively wrong. The genre is now more than ever available on PC, even if many series are still currently skipping it. And the whole "big dawgs" thing is debatable, so I'm not getting into that. It's certainly not the same to talk about Tekken than to talk about Persona... Either way, a genre is more than just a few big names, and it would be hard to argue against Capcom here anyway...

oniyide said:

Yes im aware of those games on Wii systems, but lets be real, those games are spinoffs at best, its better than Nothing BUT where were the big dawgs? As a fighting game fan I want to play the actual games, not some crap Capcom, Tecmo, Namco slapped together and threw it out there in hope of some sales. (no disrepect to TTT2 for Wii U that was actually good). For right now, in terms of support the PS and Xbox systems have been getting the brunt of it. Kind of hard to argue that.

Tatsunoko VS Capcom is definitely not some "crap slapped together". It's a VS game, just as valid as the rest, developed by the same team that worked on Marvel VS Capcom 3 (8ing, with Ryota Niitsuma from Capcom as director/producer). It's fine if you don't care for it, but that's your opinion, not a fact. And the Guilty Gear XX versions are expansions for what was already a game loved by many fans of the genre, not spinoffs or "crap" either.

The 3DS games are obviously not in the same level as the home console ones in terms of features, support, or graphics, sure, but as far as I know, the gameplay is largely intact. They're not meant to be replacements for the main games, yet can still be good enough to satiate the thirst of those who just want a fighting game on the go, or as a small taste of what the series are about. Spinoffs or arguably inferior versions ? Sure. "Crap" ? I don't think so. They're good for what they are, so I thought they deserved a mention.

oniyide said:

But its not a compesation because you are still missing a lot of stuff, that was my point. But hey it depends on the person if you are cool with missing a bunch of games, then thats fine. Most people arent. and sales show it. Its not like people care about SOny games so much you think PS2 and 1 flew off the shelves because of 1st party? nope it did becasue it got the best support period. from EVERYONE, WW ANd i dont see that changing anytime soon.

We're not talking about PS1 or PS2 here. The industry in general is moving towards multiplatform development, a trend that wasn't there as much back in the PS2 days, not to mention how Japanese developers have largely moved to handhelds since DS/PSP and now even including smartphones. We already saw PS3 and 360 share a ton of their content, with most Western developers including PC in the equation thanks to the success of Steam and ease of porting. And then there's all the Japanese games I mentioned coming to PC (among others), many of them being from developers/publishers that are new to the scene, not to mention the current rise of indie developers.

Now that Sony and Microsoft chose the x86 architecture for their platforms and Japanese developers are either developing or licensing multiplatform engines for their games, porting has become easier than ever before for them. The only question mark here is whether they care, and the signs so far have been positive. Of course, I can't predict the future, so this is still speculation... But the facts are certainly there to back things up.

Seems like we're not going to agree anyway though, so let's just leave it at that. I would just like to reiterate here that this thread was directed at Nintendo fans who don't care about Sony/Microsoft games, so what "most people" do is beyond the point here. And anyone that ignores Nintendo platforms is going to miss plenty of exclusive content, specially Japanese games with 3DS (a rather popular platform, if you insist of bringing up hardware sales here...). At the end of the day, each of us will decide what we want based on our personal taste and budget, and the only way to play everything will always be to buy every platform. This is just one of the alternatives to consider, no more, no less.

BlazBLue is a perfact example we havent seen one released on PC since the FIRST one and you are expecting them to start making them for PC all of a sudden? Please. My point with the whole fighting this is that they are NOT putting their best foot forward when it comes to PC and Ninty systems. So if you are a fan of that genre, you are most likely going to have something besides those two. I dont know where you are seeing PC releases for Street Fighter 4. Im on Amazon and besides the orginal no such thing exist.

Wasnt implying Tvs.C was crap. I have it its good, but lets be real it didnt get anywhere near the attention for hype as Mvs.C3 did or any of the ad time from Capcom. As for the portables you would be right if Tekken didnt exist on PSP, play either of those on that system then play the one on 3ds. Yes its largely intact gameplay wise, but why crap out on modes and such?  Its nto a HW issue. PSP versions of the games and even the vita ones are damn near identical to the home conosle/arcade version. Surely the 3ds is close, the fact that they dont do it. Tells me they dont really care. 

I hear you but Why is Ninty special. Anyone that chooses to ignore Sony/MS systems are going to miss plenty of exclusive content, especially japanense games. Not talking portables here. See? whats the difference. FF15 and KH3 arent going to PC or WIi U and those are just two big ones of the top of my head. People could do what they want, but I suspect we are going to be seeing a lot more 3rd parties are evil cause they dont want to put games on WIi U threads.

its not about buying a capable pc to play 3rd party games on it, is all about NOT buying an XI and/or ps4 to do so because... they are evil i guess?

oniyide said:

I dont know where you are seeing PC releases for Street Fighter 4. Im on Amazon and besides the orginal no such thing exist.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Street-Fighter-IV-Arcade-Edition/dp/B0058AD0RM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396310538&sr=8-1&keywords=super+street+fighter+4+arcade+edition+pc

Here is Sven talking about SSFIV AE on PC. And here is gameplay footage of it at max settings.

Then, here is Decapre's trailer for Ultra, where you can see Steam's logo at the end of it.

Seriously, I can't believe I have to evidence all this... It's not like I'm talking about some obscure game here...

Around the Network
seiya19 said:
oniyide said:

I dont know where you are seeing PC releases for Street Fighter 4. Im on Amazon and besides the orginal no such thing exist.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Street-Fighter-IV-Arcade-Edition/dp/B0058AD0RM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396310538&sr=8-1&keywords=super+street+fighter+4+arcade+edition+pc

Here is Sven talking about SSFIV AE on PC. And here is gameplay footage of it at max settings.

Then, here is Decapre's trailer for Ultra, where you can see Steam's logo at the end of it.

Seriously, I can't believe I have to evidence all this... It's not like I'm talking about some obscure game here...

i was checking Amazon and it didnt have it listed for PC...at all. BUt if its on Steam so be it.

I'm not sure if I made this point or not yet, but so far, the best solution I've seen for Nintendo and third-party lovers... is 3DS/PC, not so much WiiU/PC. Although 3DS/WiiU/PC has some potential. Not so much now, but in the future.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero