By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Third party question/solution for people with Wii U's

Wright said:

Why don't we pull the XBONE-PS4-WIIU-PC combo?

Because that's waaaaay too expensive... and I don't have enough power plugs near the TV

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
TheLegendaryWolf said:
RazorDragon said:
oniyide said:
question 1? what happens when there is NO PC version. That has been the case. especially when it comes to Japan games. KH, FF, MG etc.

question 2? what does that prove, you still need another gaming machine because stuff isnt coming to WIi U?

Question 1) The same that happens when a multiplatform game is XB1/PC or PS4/PC only, if you want to play every mutiplat out there you'll need every console available.

Question 2) WiiU also has stuff that doesn't come to other machines. PC has stuff that doesn't come to consoles. Again, if you want to play every game available, you'll also need every console available.

In this era of gaming, people will buy a console for an FPS/TPS game over any other genre in a heartbeat. Titanfall, CoD, GTA5, and Battlefield 4 is proof of this. If Nintendo could make a "mature"FPS/TPS game themselves, it would probably be capable of persuading "core gamers" to buy a Wii U (maybe even more if it wasn't call that).

Nintendo would need to bring something that is clearly differentiated from CoD, Battlefield or Titanfall in the FPS department.

Nintendo should bring back Turok : Dinosaur Hunter. Give it a B-movie style. Have platforming elements of the original series with a little extra parkour. Take control of dinosaurs they same way you take control of mechs in Titanfall. Add God-of-War style finishing moves when using your knife and bow and arrow. That's a unique game FPS gamers would get a Wii U for.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I have a wii u and a job. Yeah the wii u is enough in of itself for me...

Everyone says PC is best for multi platforms but i don't see PC having strong and better sales when a multiplatform game is released compared to consoles. May i know the reason?

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Anfebious said:
Indeed, the best combo is PC+Nintendo, no doubt about it.

What about the numerous Japanese games that aren't released on PC?

Around the Network

Yes, I wanna do so. But a good PC isn't that cheap, too.^^

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

RazorDragon said:
oniyide said:
question 1? what happens when there is NO PC version. That has been the case. especially when it comes to Japan games. KH, FF, MG etc.

question 2? what does that prove, you still need another gaming machine because stuff isnt coming to WIi U?

Question 1) The same that happens when a multiplatform game is XB1/PC or PS4/PC only, if you want to play every mutiplat out there you'll need every console available.

Question 2) WiiU also has stuff that doesn't come to other machines. PC has stuff that doesn't come to consoles. Again, if you want to play every game available, you'll also need every console available.

well thats kind of my point. And the fact is there are alot of games that to go to PS xbox that NEVER see the light of day on Ninty or even PC. GTA5 is a big one. and then their is Japanese stuff, lot of niche stuff and some JRPGs dont go on Wii/U and never on PC. Hell the entire fighting game genre seems so miss PC and Ninty home consoles. Thats a whole damn genre. Now if one wants to make an argument, they dont care about things like that, fine. But this whole you just need a Ninty console and PC and you will have access to everything is FACTUAL wrong. Hell you are still missing a good chunk of games.

A reasonable solution. It got me through last generation without any problems, and I suspect that will be the case this time around as well. The only games I'm likely to miss out on are Japanese third-party titles, as few of those are ever ported to the PC.

ryuzaki57 said:
Anfebious said:
Indeed, the best combo is PC+Nintendo, no doubt about it.

What about the numerous Japanese games that aren't released on PC?

you put your head in the sand and act like they dont exist, that seems to work for some.

nahh, the best combo is whatever fit your tastes, mine is PS4/PS3/PSvita combo for now.