By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Third party question/solution for people with Wii U's

You'll need a slightly powerful GPU if you want better versions of 8th gen multiplats. You'll also have to juggle friends across steam, origin, raptr etc
Several high profile Japanese don't get PC love right now. that's changing however.
As much as I love my PC a console is usually the most straightforward solution for most people.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

PC+Nintendo has been my main combo for over 15 years and it has worked pretty well so far.

Why don't we pull the XBONE-PS4-WIIU-PC combo?

Hell yeah, PC+Nintendo since the Gamecube generation! Thank god most of my friends had a PS3, so I didn't even miss the great exclusives.

Unless Square Enix decides to port KH3 and FF XV to PC I'll still have to buy a PS4 this gen though :/

OP would make logical sense if Sony stopped making fresh new exclusive IPs.

It is hard to pass up a Sony console with all the 1st party exclusives.

Around the Network
green_sky said:

So, every time some game is not coming to Wii U. We get threads like this (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=180861&page=1). People come in and take their usual digs at Wii U, mock its power, userbase and act smug on internet. Well as smug one can be on internet since we are all super smart, super models here. 

Now obviously they say if you want to play the "real mature" games you must get PS4BONE and they might have a point there. Some of you though are as allergic to that idea as those "hardcore" gamers are to mushroom kingdom. There is a 3rd way out though....

Why not play these third party games on a PC? Everyone has some kind of computer. I mean you need one to surf awesome website like "vgchartz" which are a pain to navigate on phones. Another interesting thing is that with the advancement in computer processors and video cards, you most likely will end up getting the best experience of playing that 3rd party game on pc.

Did i mention free online multiplayer? You can also buy most AAA 3rd party games for fraction of a price you are used to paying on consoles. Services like Steam, Greenmangaming, Humble Store, Battlenet and ummm Origin, etc. Also if your computer is not strong enough, there is nothing a $100-150 video card won't fix. Even then there is a vast amount of back catalogue available for you to go through. If a game is actually good and worth your time. I doubt being a few years old is going to hurt that. 

So, why are you not gaming on computer. I mean trolls idiots forum dwellers might use the phrase, "but but you only buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, then why do you want these 3rd party games". Now that might sound harsh coming from both sides but there is truth to that. Unlike other consoles, the games that sell well on Nintendo consoles are first party. 

For the occasional 3rd party game that you DO want. Play it on the pc and switch back and forth faster to engage in heated debates we have on this lovely website which is best viewed on a computer. 

Hope this made some sense. 

The thing is  most Nintendo gamers seem to game on PC already.  I buy consoles for first party games and play third party on PC  Especially because thats the only "real mature" way to play those "real mature" games. Everything else is  just kids trying to smoke chocolate cigarettes instead of smoking real ones and then arguing whose fake cigarette is the better one....  adults laugh at them xD

Why would I pay 30 bucks for game X on consoles when the better looking, moddable, controller and keyboard+mouse compatible, no online fee PC version costs 5 bucks on steam rofl? Or in case of new games why pay 60 on consoles when the game is sub 40 on PC? Buying 10 games NEW on PC saves you 200 bucks. You can buy console exclusives OR upgrade your system for that money.

People do buy PS/XB because, as you put it, they are not all "super smart". They don't know shit about PCs and hardware in general. They'd waste lots of time and money whereas the console comes ready (kind of, updates these days lol) and just needs to be plugged in which is all obvious (PC cables sometimes are not). Without that gaming wouldn't be as successful because it would still just be the "smart" people (just tech-savvy/"nerds") if it was all about complex hardware and no companies doing the thinking for you. You might say it's not hard to understand that stuff but you are used to it, it's your hobby, you like it. Try something else you haven't done before and ask someone whose hobby is exactly that about how easy it is..
Also, it's not just Nintendo games that deliver on Nintendo consoles. They do have exclusives that are amazing and not even published by Nintendo. People tend to overlook those as well.

HintHRO said:

I have a PC and a Wii U/3DS so basically I got everything I need for this generation. I'm not gonna buy a 400/500 console for games I can get cheaper and prettier on PC. Wii U is for the unique exclusives only Nintendo can deliver.

Same for me.

Most of the good,western thir-party, home console games can be found on PC, sometimes A LOT cheaper. And building a PC adequate for gaming today is not as fuzzy as it was a decade ago. Actually it´s pretty simple and with some creativity, it´s not so expandable.

Not to mention that Steam always have great deals too. Sometimes it´s just a matter of patience and waiting two or three months to get that "huge" console gaming on your PC for a very affordable price.

PC for third party games, WiiU for exclusives and multiplaying and 3ds to play on my trips and commutings. That´s a perfect combo for me.

I was initially thinking about investing in a Wii U + PS4 combo for this gen, but for some reason the xbox one is more appealing to me than the ps4, so i might go with a U + One. I guess I am one of those guys that honestly does not give a shit about power and resolution

green_sky said:

Also if your computer is not strong enough, there is nothing a $100-150 video card won't fix. 

Not sure you get PS4-level of graphics at this price...