By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, After Titan Fall

XB1 is not going to match wiiU. It will catch up to wiiU by september and probably will double its sales by next year. WiiU is a failed project, get over it. XB1 is selling great at the price point where it is, and definitely is going to have a good library of games (unlike the wiiU which lacks 3rd party support).

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
binary solo said:
Ka-pi96 said:
The Xbox One will be fine. Never underestimate the Halo effect.

Like the Halo effect with the first Xbox? I'd say don't overestimate the Halo effect. I've said it many times. Halo's fanbase did not expand very much at all considering Xbox 360 almost quadrupled Xbox. The highest selling Halo on 360 was only 50% more than Halo 2. The people who will buy Halo are the people who bought the original Xbox, and we could factor in those people before Xb one was even announced. It will stop Xb one from being a dismal failure, but it does not ensure lifetime sales cloase to Xb360.

It probably won't sell as much as the 360 but the OP is about wether it will fall to Wii U levels and if retailers will be less inclined to stock as many, Halo should save it from that fate.

In the USA and UK, sure. Everywhere else? Not so sure.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Ivankov said:
Puppyroach said:
Considering both X1 and PS4 seem to be available in quite big numbers, the "supply constrained" claims seem to be pure hype, nothing else. So, if X1 would drop down to WiiU levels, and PS4 continue to move around 130k units each week, would you say the whole industry is on its way out?

Depends of where you live, it sure is supply constrained where i live, i don't think i have yet to see a PS4 in stock on sites like amazon, it's always only available for pre-order and sent when stock is available, i actually underestimated that supply issue as well and didn't bother pre-ordering the Infamous Bundle early, and it was sold out 3 weeks prior to release and now i'm waiting.

On the other side i just check for the Xbox One on the French amazon and it is in stock and seems the Titanfall Bundle is priced like the basic Xbox One, didn't know the game was given for free outside of UK Oo.

Amazon France, Germany and US sure do seem to have them in stock. I ordered an X1 in Sweden, despite it not being available here, and PS4 is in abundance here aswell. I think sales are simply slowing down quite a bit. Otherwise it wouldn´t match the numbers both companies produce each month (if reports are true). PS4 is selling great in comparison to X1 and WiiU, but this whole generation is at the moment slowing down compared to generation 7th, at this is a BIG problem whether you cheer for MS, Nintendo or Sony.

"Can the Wii U be saved with Bayonetta and X?" Yup. Just like how the PS3 was saved with SingStar Vol. 2!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Puppyroach said:
Considering both X1 and PS4 seem to be available in quite big numbers, the "supply constrained" claims seem to be pure hype, nothing else. So, if X1 would drop down to WiiU levels, and PS4 continue to move around 130k units each week, would you say the whole industry is on its way out?

I live in the US and have never walk into a store and seen a PS4 waiting to be purchased. (I got my at launch so I did not have to look to see if any were in stock)

The PS4 stock issues are not fake. If you want one you have to be agressive.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Puppyroach said:
Ivankov said:
Puppyroach said:

Depends of where you live, it sure is supply constrained where i live, i don't think i have yet to see a PS4 in stock on sites like amazon, it's always only available for pre-order and sent when stock is available, i actually underestimated that supply issue as well and didn't bother pre-ordering the Infamous Bundle early, and it was sold out 3 weeks prior to release and now i'm waiting.

On the other side i just check for the Xbox One on the French amazon and it is in stock and seems the Titanfall Bundle is priced like the basic Xbox One, didn't know the game was given for free outside of UK Oo.

Amazon France, Germany and US sure do seem to have them in stock. I ordered an X1 in Sweden, despite it not being available here, and PS4 is in abundance here aswell. I think sales are simply slowing down quite a bit. Otherwise it wouldn´t match the numbers both companies produce each month (if reports are true). PS4 is selling great in comparison to X1 and WiiU, but this whole generation is at the moment slowing down compared to generation 7th, at this is a BIG problem whether you cheer for MS, Nintendo or Sony.

Why are people so insistent that this gen is selling less than last. Both PS4 and Xbox One have sold more than their predecesors did in the same amount of time. The Wii U failing is the exception.

Well basically because X1 at the moment is trending behind X360 when comparing their respective first springs, and PS4 is trending several hundred thousand ahead of PS3 when comparing their first springs. When comparing to Wii though, both consoles are trending behind when comparing launch springs. I have been skeptical about this generation from the start and believe it will fall short across the board compared to 7th gen. I do hope I am wrong though.

Puppyroach said:
Ivankov said:
Puppyroach said:

Amazon Germany has the PS4 in stock... but only extremely overpriced marketplace offers:

there are like 3 exclusives worth a shit between both new systems. Give it some time folks. This thread is just over thinking and analyzing for the bored.

I don't see how the console could ever drop to WiiU levels. If the sales get really bad then Microsoft will just start massively bundling it, or another temporary price drop.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

bigjon said:
Puppyroach said:

I live in the US and have never walk into a store and seen a PS4 waiting to be purchased. (I got my at launch so I did not have to look to see if any were in stock)

The PS4 stock issues are not fake. If you want one you have to be agressive.

Well, at the moment there are some 400 PS4´s available and 20 X1 Titanfall bundles available on Amazon US so, no, shortages are no more I would say.