By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, After Titan Fall

torok said:
Puppyroach said:
Considering both X1 and PS4 seem to be available in quite big numbers, the "supply constrained" claims seem to be pure hype, nothing else. So, if X1 would drop down to WiiU levels, and PS4 continue to move around 130k units each week, would you say the whole industry is on its way out?

The PS4 is tracking ahead of the Wii. It defined all the launch records, even the PS camera sold 1M. How are they on its way out? MS and Nintendo are the ones that have to be worried. If PS4 current numbers aren't good, then we could call the Wii and the PS2 launch flops.

I have not said that the numbers aren´t good, I am saying that the trend is that sales will continue to be slow compared to last generation. The launches for all three in 8th gen were great, but that is most likely due to this generation being more front-loaded than last. I have a hard time even believing any of the three in 8th gen will even reach 70 mn LTD.

Around the Network
sully1311 said:
Figgycal said:
Puppyroach said:
sully1311 said:
Puppyroach said:

Well, at the moment there are some 400 PS4´s available and 20 X1 Titanfall bundles available on Amazon US so, no, shortages are no more I would say.

You are looking at the completely wrong stock levels on Amazon. That is people reselling stuff, not Amazon stock.

First off, I am talking about the bigger picture and what I believe is the road this generation took even before it began.

Second, I am looking at the best sellers list where there are 414 used&new PS4´s and 20 new X1 titanfall bundles. What am I doing wrong there?

Because that stock is only about a week old and there's already only 400 left. That's a pretty big stock issue.

Edit: I didn't see that it was "offers". If you look at the offeres, only one is being sold at msrp.

Amazon themselves have more than 1000 units.

And again I'll say that this has only been the case for the past 2 weeks or so (in fact it actually sold out for 2 days during those two weeks). This might be the longest that PS4 has been consistently in stock since launch. And even then, this is only Amazon; PS4 is still sold out at many retailers or otherwise being sold as bundles above the msrp.

Figgycal said:
sully1311 said:
Figgycal said:
Puppyroach said:
sully1311 said:
Puppyroach said:

Well, at the moment there are some 400 PS4´s available and 20 X1 Titanfall bundles available on Amazon US so, no, shortages are no more I would say.

You are looking at the completely wrong stock levels on Amazon. That is people reselling stuff, not Amazon stock.

First off, I am talking about the bigger picture and what I believe is the road this generation took even before it began.

Second, I am looking at the best sellers list where there are 414 used&new PS4´s and 20 new X1 titanfall bundles. What am I doing wrong there?

Because that stock is only about a week old and there's already only 400 left. That's a pretty big stock issue.

Edit: I didn't see that it was "offers". If you look at the offeres, only one is being sold at msrp.

Amazon themselves have more than 1000 units.

And again I'll say that this has only been the case for the past 2 weeks or so (in fact it actually sold out for 2 days during those two weeks). This might be the longest that PS4 has been consistently in stock since launch. And even then, this is only Amazon; PS4 is still sold out at many retailers or otherwise being sold as bundles above the msrp.

Oh don't worry, I track when there are in stock everyday. I do believe it has supply constrained! It's just since the start of last week it seems as if there has been big shipment to both online and B&M outlets in the US.

Puppyroach said:

The launches for all three in 8th gen were great, but that is most likely due to this generation being more front-loaded than last. I have a hard time even believing any of the three in 8th gen will even reach 70 mn LTD.

Actually, we can't prove that until at least 1 or 2 years in the gen. Besides that, hardly any console this gen will be as frontloaded as the original Wii. I'm guessing we will see at least PS4 over 100M, XB1 will depend on how they improve their game against Sony and Wii U will probably do around GC levels.