By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, After Titan Fall

Puppyroach said:
bigjon said:
Puppyroach said:
Considering both X1 and PS4 seem to be available in quite big numbers, the "supply constrained" claims seem to be pure hype, nothing else. So, if X1 would drop down to WiiU levels, and PS4 continue to move around 130k units each week, would you say the whole industry is on its way out?

I live in the US and have never walk into a store and seen a PS4 waiting to be purchased. (I got my at launch so I did not have to look to see if any were in stock)

The PS4 stock issues are not fake. If you want one you have to be agressive.

Well, at the moment there are some 400 PS4´s available and 20 X1 Titanfall bundles available on Amazon US so, no, shortages are no more I would say.

You are looking at the completely wrong stock levels on Amazon. That is people reselling stuff, not Amazon stock.

Around the Network

So 4 months into launch people are already preach doom and gloom. Much like a rerun of ps3 vs x360 but the same people would be arguing on behalf of sony 8 years ago, and they wouldn't be wrong because tables have turned late in the gen. There are still plenty of years left in the gem, and contrary to popular belief they are essentially the same consoles that will receive exactly the same third party support, and that's what sets them apart this and last gen from wii/wiiu

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

MikeRox said:
Stock of PS4 is most definitely limited in the UK. If you find anywhere with it in stock, it usually involves buying it with some stuff you don't want.

It was definitely limited in America also until very recently. We just got new shipments this month, it still is very supply constrained.

sully1311 said:
Puppyroach said:

Well, at the moment there are some 400 PS4´s available and 20 X1 Titanfall bundles available on Amazon US so, no, shortages are no more I would say.

You are looking at the completely wrong stock levels on Amazon. That is people reselling stuff, not Amazon stock.

First off, I am talking about the bigger picture and what I believe is the road this generation took even before it began.

Second, I am looking at the best sellers list where there are 414 used&new PS4´s and 20 new X1 titanfall bundles. What am I doing wrong there?

XB1 won't fall to WiiU levels.

Around the Network
Seece said:
XB1 won't fall to WiiU levels.

Also this. It's pretty silly that people are still saying Xbox One will do as bad as Wii U (some still think it will do worse).

Puppyroach said:
Considering both X1 and PS4 seem to be available in quite big numbers, the "supply constrained" claims seem to be pure hype, nothing else. So, if X1 would drop down to WiiU levels, and PS4 continue to move around 130k units each week, would you say the whole industry is on its way out?

The PS4 is tracking ahead of the Wii. It defined all the launch records, even the PS camera sold 1M. How are they on its way out? MS and Nintendo are the ones that have to be worried. If PS4 current numbers aren't good, then we could call the Wii and the PS2 launch flops.

Puppyroach said:
sully1311 said:
Puppyroach said:

First off, I am talking about the bigger picture and what I believe is the road this generation took even before it began.

Second, I am looking at the best sellers list where there are 414 used&new PS4´s and 20 new X1 titanfall bundles. What am I doing wrong there?

You are saying they are not constrained because of these numbers (414 & 20) but they are the wrong numbers to use for this claim. That is what other people are selling on Amazon, not Amazon themselves, so there will always be units for sale. Both consoles have 1000+ units from Amazon direct at the moment. 

Puppyroach said:
sully1311 said:
Puppyroach said:

Because that stock is only about a week old and there's already only 400 left. That's a pretty big stock issue.

Edit: I didn't see that it was "offers". If you look at the offeres, only one is being sold at msrp.

Figgycal said:
Puppyroach said:
sully1311 said:
Puppyroach said:

Because that stock is only about a week old and there's already only 400 left. That's a pretty big stock issue.

Edit: I didn't see that it was "offers". If you look at the offeres, only one is being sold at msrp.

Amazon themselves have more than 1000 units.