By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - These resolution wars...

Resolution Wars are just the evolved form of resolution fights last gen. Except this time the developers themselves are acknoledging the difference. If the PS4 was doing worse than it would get the flack just like the PS3 did but since its does not cost more, then it would be less significant.
However, the reso/frame/performance gap b/w PS4 and XB1 is larger than that of X360 and PS3, if you think this doesn't matter you just being an apologist.
If you don't want these discussions to go on,
Than don't make a topic about it OP

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
rolltide101x said:
Landguy said:
BHR-3 said:

"Resolution only accounts for a small part of how well a game looks" lol

resolution wars are going to be important b/c if i own both consoles it be nice to know which version to buy, the game is the same price why pay the same for the inferior one?

and if your talking about the stuff about fans of each MF creating drama on the internet "my console is better than yours" your gonna have to deal with it its the internet

i can barely tell the difference.  what game do you play that you just sit there and compare screenshots?  Oh, I know, it's called "resolution wars".  it's an online only browser based game.  the graphics are poor and most players are idiots.  I only recommend it to people with no need for a game console.

I can immediately tell a difference when a game is 1080p vs 720p. I know by which one does not strain my eyes and doesnt have jaggles everywhere

1080p has *nothing* to do with jaggies.

The whole point of 1080p is to make an image crisper and jaggles look less obvious

http://i.imgur.com/pjvyNIU.jpg

Left no jaggles.....right jaggles

my point and resolution matters /thread

Carl2291 said:
Slimebeast said:

What problems do you have, Carl?

Nothing that Im willing to share with people on a videogame forum.

What does that have to do with the resolution wars?

Slimebeast said:

Are you being dense on purpose? Re-read my original post that you quoted.

rolltide101x said:

The whole point of 1080p is to make an image crisper and jaggles look less obvious

...You do realise that image is a pisstake, right?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Slimebeast said:

Are you being dense on purpose? Re-read my original post that you quoted.

Sorry about that.

Do you say the same thing in frame rate threads? most people are oblivious to resolution and frame rate, why bother?

Let's say for a moment that the machines were equal, or that people would not be able to tell the difference in any way whatsoever, why would they spend 100$ more for the xb1? Why is it important that they do it?

I can understand some people really do not see the difference in resolution and image quality (because it's never been only resolution so far) at least not at a quick glance... however the frame rate is always possible to discern, even if you have a steady 30 fps, compared to anything close to 60 it just hurts the eyes.

Obviously hardcore console gamers, those who are generally not technical at all, are oblivious to these "details" but many also game on PC and have always wanted fluid native resolution games for their TVs on their console as well as their PC, that was pretty much irrelevant to raise hell about this until the PS4 was released as no console was powerful enough to push 1080p games on a consistant basis, so unless you spent time looking at the eurogamer tech analysis articles you could easily forget about this.

Personally it always bugged me, because I have been playing on PC at resolutions higher than 1080p since around 2005 (I had a 24" 1920*1200 screen back then) so I would have liked my console to deliver a comparable experience a long long time ago.

Slimebeast said:
Carl2291 said:
Slimebeast said:

What problems do you have, Carl?

Nothing that Im willing to share with people on a videogame forum.

he was looking for a resolution to his problem.

BHR-3 said:

"Resolution only accounts for a small part of how well a game looks" lol

resolution wars are going to be important b/c if i own both consoles it be nice to know which version to buy, the game is the same price why pay the same for the inferior one?

Something is wrong with that X1 shot beyond resolution. Side by side shots generally aren't that significant.

The flaw in your argument is resolution wars is not discussion created by people who plan on getting both consoles. Its discussion created by avid Sony fans who probably have no plans on buying a X1.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

rolltide101x said:

Yeah, the difference between 720p and 1080p makes a world of difference.

That's why it took so long for people realize KZ:SF was running at a resolution in the ball park of 720p.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)