By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - These resolution wars...

It's hardly a war - more like a one sided slaughter

Around the Network
rolltide101x said:
Landguy said:
BHR-3 said:

"Resolution only accounts for a small part of how well a game looks" lol

resolution wars are going to be important b/c if i own both consoles it be nice to know which version to buy, the game is the same price why pay the same for the inferior one?

and if your talking about the stuff about fans of each MF creating drama on the internet "my console is better than yours" your gonna have to deal with it its the internet

i can barely tell the difference.  what game do you play that you just sit there and compare screenshots?  Oh, I know, it's called "resolution wars".  it's an online only browser based game.  the graphics are poor and most players are idiots.  I only recommend it to people with no need for a game console.

I can immediately tell a difference when a game is 1080p vs 720p. I know by which one does not strain my eyes and doesnt have jaggles everywhere

1080p has *nothing* to do with jaggies.

Sure if you look at two pictures side by side, you might be able to say "this one looks better than that one" but 90% of the time, even in that aspect, the only real difference is that one is brighter than the other....

You wanna know what your precious graphics are doing to the industry? They are adding Day 1 DLC to your games. They are cutting the single player campaign out of your titanfall. They are reducing development time so Skyrim comes out on the PS3 with a mountain of glitches. They are causing Gabe Newell to make his own console so he doesn't have to develop on the HD twins anymore. Yes I know that what I said has no basis, but I don't really feel like waiting 20 years for Ken Kutaragi to release a death bed confession that he ruined gaming with the PS3.

i dont get this war... both consoles dont have ubergraphics and both companys cant make good PR..
sega was so funny in the bitwares... i realy miss em.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

The thing with the resolution war is that the X1 costs $100 more than the ps4 but its under-performing in the same games, so the resolution and frame rates are important cause people that buy the X1 are paying $100 more and it is not being justified... Other than that, yea its pretty useless overall

PS4 has a far better GPU and overall better, more powerful and more friendly architecture than Xbone.  This means that developers(most of all 1st party developers like ND) will be able to produce more impressive games(graphics, physics, system collision, animations, AI, etc, etc); it's NOT, (and for the last time) only a matter of resolution, it's a matter of having more available power, which you can allocate in whatever way you want = more geometry, better effects, etc and/or higher resolution and/or better frame rate and/or better physics/system collision and/or better animations and/or better AI, etc.  It's not only RESOLUTION !  The problem in these forums is that most members have a bit of lack of knowledge, and they jump on conclusions, without thinking :  looking at early multiplatform games, you mostly see this Res and fps only difference(ok, in some cases also better effects on PS4); but this is not the whole story.  Devs are free to use the extra power of PS4 as they want, so they could also opt for same Res(ex 1080p VS 1080p), same fps as Xbone but delivering more geometry, better textures, better effects, better physics, AI, etc in any possible combination depending on what they want to focus more. This will be more clear when talented Sony 1st party devs will start to squeeze PS4.  Caught Naughty Dog caught.  Uncharted4 will show what I'm saying.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Immersion is a big thing. Some of us play games to escape from day to day life and problems, so we would rather be fully immersed in the product.

Id rather play a game at 1080p60 than a game at 720p30, because its simply a better experience. The world feels more alive.

What problems do you have, Carl?

J_Allard said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
J_Allard said:
That's why I thought the Killzone 6 thing was so funny. All this stuff about how important native 1080p is and it turns out these same people had no idea the game wasn't native 1080p. Had no idea and believed it not because they could see this uber important resolution when they played, but just because the developers told them it was.

It is 1080p native.

Not the MP, which is what everyone harps on when celebrating the "1080p60" stuff. The best you can say is GG tried to emulate a native 1080p resolution, but failed (as even they admit). And even if they HAD successfully emulated full native HD, the technique they used to do it blurs the shit out of everything when you move, so it kind of defeats the purpose of this "cleaner, sharper" screen quality we hear so much about in these resolution shenanigans.

Again, just hilarious to me that some people who spent so much time preaching about how next gen was 1080p and 60fps, had no idea their ace in the deck was neither. Nothing more for me to say on the matter, the lulz speak for themselves.

As if it matters when the XB1 would have struggled to do KZ at 60 in 720p.  It's all relative.

My 8th gen collection

Soon it will turn into Frame Rate wars, then see how quickly people think a consistent frame rates not that important either.

Slimebeast said:

What problems do you have, Carl?

Nothing that Im willing to share with people on a videogame forum.

Well I agree to an extent, it used to matter not long ago while some multi plat ran better fps or res on the 360 vs ps3, not that its reversed it shouldnt matter anymore?

Sure it hurt some people's feeling and will always be. Comparing multi plat will be and always be made as long as there are competition.

In fact, res would not matter and would not be talked about if there was only one console.

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1