By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz's Best-Selling Console Games of Gen 8: Updated Weekly!

Weekly Update Done! Feel free to leave requests.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

Call of Duty now top. Sad but preidctable

Wait so Knack is a million seller? Is this because it was bundled with the Japan PS4s?

I don't think Knack is a bad game, but it isn't particularly good in any particular way either. I am surprised to see Knack sell more than Dead Rising 3 and Wind Waker HD.

Good for Knack. I just hope if there is any future game for Knack, they focus on making the controls more fluid and don't use a fixed-camera anymore.

Knack = infamous? Knack undertracked for sure!

lot of variety up there

Around the Network

Cod is the new king! Again...

Wonder how high Ghosts can go on Gen 8.

That said, I fully expect CoD 2014 to be the first 10 Million seller on Gen 8 hardware.

i think NSMBWiiU will overtake COD Ghosts again. Isnt it bundled?

cusman said:
Wait so Knack is a million seller? Is this because it was bundled with the Japan PS4s?

I don't think Knack is a bad game, but it isn't particularly good in any particular way either. I am surprised to see Knack sell more than Dead Rising 3 and Wind Waker HD.

Good for Knack. I just hope if there is any future game for Knack, they focus on making the controls more fluid and don't use a fixed-camera anymore.

Basically, Japan saved Knack, and Knack helped the PS4 a lot in Japan. The game sold over a third of its copies in that one country thanks to bundling, and the game has also been helped by the lack of other notable titles for the PS4 so far in Japan; the #2 PS4 game in Japan is a port of a PS3 Yakuza game, and the only other PS4 game to actually sell decent numbers in Japan so far is Ground Zeroes.In total, about 40% of PS4 games sold so far in Japan are Knack.

It's a bit ridiculous.

As for Dead Rising 3 and Wind Waker HD, one of them is an exclusive for a console only available in 14 or so countries, and the other is a remake of a game that sold under 5 million the first time around. Neither were going to ever sell loads of copies in this short a time.

That said, I don't think the future of Knack is particularly bright. I think it was in a sort of "Resistance" situation, where the original did well because of a lack of competition, but as the gen went on and more options were available, sales of the sequels plumetted.

Love and tolerate.

Didn't WWHD pass 1 mil ages ago?