By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz's Best-Selling Console Games of Gen 8: Updated Weekly!

No portable console  games on the list? Ok.
The title should be corrected to "best selling home console games"

Around the Network

I dont even count nintendoland, it was a bundle game all the way. Im surprised by Zombie U as much as people talked it up, I would figure it would have sold closer to a million. Plus Tomb Raider DE isnt even listed, that sucks.

Edit: After some more thought I guess I would count nintendoland, I just never seen it sold bytiself not in a bundle with wiiu.

@Those whining about handhelds not being included did you put the effort it?
Did you read handhelds in the title?

Anyway great thread appriciate the work!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

"I was hoping to be made to feel better about Nintendo by seeing a portable whitewash the charts but its just consoles like the title suggests so I'm now in a Huff"

More or less.

lucidium said:
kirby007 said:

"I was hoping to be made to feel better about Nintendo by seeing a portable whitewash the charts but its just consoles like the title suggests so I'm now in a Huff"

More or less.

I'm kindly assuming that they simply have a broader definition of "console" than I do. If the whining continues, I'll throw in the word "home" in the title just to clarify things.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
Salnax said:
lucidium said:
kirby007 said:

More or less.

I'm kindly assuming that they simply have a broader definition of "console" than I do. If the whining continues, I'll throw in the word "home" in the title just to clarify things.

You're a kinder man than I

LiquorandGunFun said:

I dont even count nintendoland, it was a bundle game all the way. Im surprised by Zombie U as much as people talked it up, I would figure it would have sold closer to a million. Plus Tomb Raider DE isnt even listed, that sucks.

Edit: After some more thought I guess I would count nintendoland, I just never seen it sold bytiself not in a bundle with wiiu.

The problem with excluding games that are bundled is that not all bundled games are bundled all the time (see Wii Sports), and some games are bundled for short periods of time or only in certain circumstances (see Knack).

Ultiamtely, I decided that making this a Top 20 would provide enough information so that even with a couple of bundle-heavy games, a lot of non-bundled info is still available. That said, I might expand this list to a Top 30 or even 50 if the generation demands it and/or if I get the time to do so.

Love and tolerate.

lucidium said:
Salnax said:
lucidium said:
kirby007 said:

More or less.

Totally OT : I would fucking love you as mod

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
lucidium said:
Salnax said:
lucidium said:
kirby007 said:

More or less.

Totally OT : I would fucking love you as mod

Appreciated you may stay when I ban everyone else

Still a great list! Keep up the great work!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.