By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sooo, I have $500 now, PS4 or Xbox One ?

Buy

PS4 504 75.34%

Xbox One 103 15.40%

WiiU ( I have it already) 60 8.97%

Total:667

I was in your spot back trying to decide want console I wanted, and I ultimately decided to build a new PC first, and wait for things to develop further on the PS4 and XB1. I'd say save some more money and build a gaming PC... Seriously, more games, more options, and just more general usefullness. It's a customizable experience.  It was a better decision for me personally. (Plus I needed a new computer soon anyways, as my laptop was having issues.)  It sounds like you don't have any specific games that your really excited about for either console, so just sit back, and wait and see what comes in the future. 

My argument is that neither option is worth getting atm.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network

unless you live in one of those tax free places, you probably still don't have enough to pay the final price for one of the items listed :P

Thanks jlmurph!

toastboy44562 said:
Xbox One has better exclusives and has better multimedia so If you have the money that's the obvious choice

Xbone doesn't have better exclusives. Were you serious or yanking his chain? PS has had the best games since PS1 and will continue to have the best games. A PS4 + Vita and a Wii U and 3DS is the best way to go for any gamer. Also a PC, but I assume everyone already has a PC.

PS4 obviously, Xbox One doesnt have Don't Starve.

Asking this on these forums, you will obviously get more votes for PS4 :)

But you should go for an Xbox One, game library is better as of now, Titanfall is coming and you get Kinect 2!
Also if you are using Microsoft stuffs (like Windows Phone, Microsoft accounts, OneDrive, Skype, etc...); you will love how everything integrates together!

Around the Network

You do not care about graphics or money? X1 it is then.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If you like JRPGs it is probably a better bet to get the PS4. It has already won the sales war, especially in Japan, so Japanese developers are going to be focusing on it rather than the Xbone.

AwakeandAlive said:

- Infamous SS looks awesome, but I think I prefer Titanfall 

Xbox One

- No I have no PC or 360 

N/A

- I LOVE JRPGs

PS4 will get the better JP support

- I looove KDH and Final Fantasy

Either

- I have never played games like Halo or Uncharted, so I can not say which exclusives are better for me 

N/A

- I think Kinect is cool, but I have never used it xD 

Xbox One

- I have a WINDOWS PHONE XD ... thank you mum -.-

Xbox One

So from what you said in the OP, the Xbox One wins 3-1 here.

Get an Xbox One.

Based on Long Run I would say PS4 over XB1 because of this fact: I LOVE JRPGs

Anyway you slice it, PS4 will get more JRPG in the long run like PS3 did over the 360. However 3DS and Vita will get more.

AwakeandAlive said:

- I LOVE JRPGs 

Which system do you think had a better chance of landing these?  My sense is Japan is going to see Sony outsell Microsoft 10 to 1 so I would go with PS4.