By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sooo, I have $500 now, PS4 or Xbox One ?

Buy

PS4 504 75.34%

Xbox One 103 15.40%

WiiU ( I have it already) 60 8.97%

Total:667

ps4.

ps+ is awesome.
more games Right Now™!
cheaper.
half of xbone's "exclusives" will be on ps4 anyways.
inFamous!!
it has hundreds of indie exclusives!!!
much cleaner, intuitive user interface.
trust me,.. you'll love uncharted.

besides, everyone else is doing it. don't want to be on the console with no one to play with do you?  i know i'd like to play with you.

Around the Network

After reading some of your preferences, I think Xbox One is for you. Ignore the polls, because people are voting based on their preference on not yours.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

AwakeandAlive said:
DerNebel said:
Some more information about you would be good. Are you more interested in X1 or PS4 exclusives? Do you care for Kinect?...stuff like that.

EDIT :) 

Well now I'd suggest that if you want to get all 3 eventually anyway, then get the X1 now since you prefer Titanfall. If you want only one of the two and want to stick with it, then get the PS4 since it is almost certain to get more JRPG support, plus Titanfall 2 is most likely going to release on it as well.

Personally, Sony has always had the better exclusives to me and have always had a better variety of games, so if you like the Uncharted's, Infamous', Gran Turismo's, God of War's, Killzone's, Little Big Planet's, etc. then I would go PS4.

Don't forget the free games like Warframe, and War Thunder!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

PS4
1. Better Japanese support, which means more chances for JRPGs.
2. As the market leader, for better or worse this means more support in general, so there's that.
3. Historically, Playstation consoles have had the best variety to offer gamewise, both 1st party wise and overall, so unless you specifically like the genres the Xbox tends to have, you should probably go with the console that offers the better variety. While it's still early in the generation, due to PS4's great financial success you can count on that variety continuing to come to the platform.
4. It has the better interface, as far as I'm concerned.
5. While you may not have a PC now, Microsoft's strategy is looking to be to release even their big exclusives on PC as well, so between Xbox One and PC, you'd want to go PC because PC would have all the Xbox One games plus more that never make it to consoles.

Wii U+PS4+PC would cover all your bases, so get the PS4 next.

AwakeandAlive said:

Come on guys ! Convince me ! I want hear your arguments

I DO NOTE CARE ABOUT THE $100 DIFFERENCE ! 

and the 720p vs 1080p Discussion is ridiculos 

EDIT: 

Okay you want it, you get it :) 

More Information about me :D 

- Infamous SS looks awesome, but I think I prefer Titanfall 

- No I have no PC or 360 

- I LOVE JRPGs 

- I looove KDH and Final Fantasy

- I have never played games like Halo or Uncharted, so I can not say which exclusives are better for me 

- I think Kinect is cool, but I have never used it xD 

- I have a WINDOWS PHONE XD ... thank you mum -.-

Depends on your tastes. I would honestly tell you to wait and buy a PS3, if you don't have one. If you already have a PS3, just enjoy that for now.

Reasons:

- You emphazised that you love JRPGs, so I assume that's your favorite genre. One would expect the PS4 to have the upper hand there, but you never know, the X360 had the upper hand with the JRPG scene at the end of the generation

- Halo/Uncharted (and I assume all other 1st/2nd party Sony/MS games are not really that important to you, with the possible exception of JRPG games)

- You like TF better than SS. However, are you liking it just because they are the big games that are coming out now or do you like them and would play and enjoy them?

- You love FF/KH. They will be on both systems, but we do not know yet which one will be the leading system, i.e. have the better version of the game. One could make an educated guess that that will be the PS4 but it's best to wait and see since the games are not close to being released. On PS3 you can play FFXIII trilogy, FFX/X2 HD, KH1.5 HD and KH2.5HD, plus plenty more JRPGs

- I have a sneaky feeling that we'll get some bundles this BF for both the PS4 and XBO. If there are no must have games for you, you might as well wait, IMHO

buy another Wii U...(kidding, kidding)

I would get a PS4 and a few games if I were you but it really depends on your tastes. If you like Japanese games, PS4 is probably the best choice...

EDIT: as someone else said, if you don't already have one, get a PS3 or 360 (or both). They are cheaper and already have a big library of great games.

Since you stated Titanfall interests you more over SS I would say snag the Titanfall bundle.

It's all about the games you prefer. Both consoles are amazing so whatever your choice you will not be disappointed.

Since you love JRPG's, it's a no brainer. PS4 all the way. KH3, FFXV,If you like MMO's there's also FFXIV. Main Tales of series is exclusive to PS4 this gen. Tri-Ace and SE will likely have another Star Ocean on it. NIS JRPG games will likely be coming.

On top of that, Sony's 1st party studios are known to deliver more so than MS rather then just sequel after sequel. Not that Sony doesn't do sequels either but if you've noticed last gen, the creative ideas, risk and new ip's happen more so on Sony's side. This is something that even Phil Spencer admitted and admired about Sony. If your into multimedia, then apps such as Netflix are superior as it's not behind a paywall unlike X1. You'll also save $100 on the cost of the console and get superior multiplats that you can install and play in minutes rather then waiting 25-30 minutes for the game to install on the Xbox. Also, if you look into PS Plus that's an incredible value where each and every week you get game discounts, free game downloads with recent games that are very popular such as Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider etc rather than 6 and 7 year old games on the Xbox. Now you do get to permanently keep those 6-7 year old Xbox games rather then the renting style of PS Plus but the quality of games is worth it.

If your more into multitasking like watching TV and Skyping then get the Xbox then.