By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sooo, I have $500 now, PS4 or Xbox One ?

Buy

PS4 504 75.34%

Xbox One 103 15.40%

WiiU ( I have it already) 60 8.97%

Total:667

Both oh wait......... In my honest opinion from a pure gaming standpoint Xbox One has the best upcoming games IMO.

Around the Network
AwakeandAlive said:

Come on guys ! Convince me ! I want hear your arguments

I DO NOTE CARE ABOUT THE $100 DIFFERENCE ! 

and the 720p vs 1080p Discussion is ridiculos 

your asking which console to get, ps4 easily

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

PS4 looks like it's the best long term choice, but you can't go wrong with either.

Buy what your friends have.

Get a Xbox One, then you don't have to worry about what you do with the rest of the money.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

DerNebel said:
Some more information about you would be good. Are you more interested in X1 or PS4 exclusives? Do you care for Kinect?...stuff like that.

EDIT :) 

Around the Network

PS4 (since it's market leader), but if you really like Xbox exclusives then go with the XB1.

EDIT: Well the XB1 will be getting KH3 and FF and if you like Titanfall, you'll probably like Gears and Halo, but the Xbox doesn't have as good Japanese or JRPG support as the PS4. Maybe you should get both in the future?

The comments that either has better exclusives would do well to add "in my opinion" to them.

As a few others have said, choose based on your preferences. Which ecosystem are you coming from? Do you play online with friends? Where are they going and do you want to stick with them?

You can get PS4 and 2 games for 500(unless there is an Infamous bundle coming out which would get you 3 games) or wait for Titanfall Bundle.

You can't really go wrong with either choice. I get the impression that you're likely to end up with all 3 consoles eventually anyway.

You may not care about the power and price gap but $100 will get you almost 2 additional games. Also you don't need to be subscribed to the PSN to play single player games or use any other non-gaming functionality. But if you choose to do so, you'll get lots of free additional games!

What's more, you'll have a sexier, lighter, better designed console, guaranteed to get the best third party titles as well as a very promising 1st party exclusives lineup. After all, it is the dominant console this generation, and there is not one single country it loses to the competition. There is no doubt that it will have the best game line up.

So basically, there is nothing going on for XB1 over the long run except for the Kinect, with hardly any games utilizing it.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

I would say you should wait more time. Both Sony and Microsoft are gonna show things. Still we don't know what game is Media Molecule working on, Guerrila, Naughty Dog and others. But if you want to buy it now, choose the one that has the better exclusives for you. In my opinion PS4, it has the better future and you have the confirmation of new and lot of ips like always.

Do you even need to think at this point?

Ps4 is a guaranteed sucess that will dominate the generation. The other one is selling at the rate of the Wii U and runs the risk of beeing sold off.

I think the choice is clear, unless you really really like the few exclusives MS has.