By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FF 15 and KH3 makes more sense on Wii U than Xone

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

you keep mentioning handhelds as if they have any bearing on whether or not a franchise goes to the console.
GBA+DS+3DS+PSP =/= Wii U
It does not, its that simple.
The Main Series of the game are only on PlayStation platforms, you cannot have the full experience without a PlayStation Console, even 3DS only has recaps of the previous games.
The only subset of the Nintendo Fan base that has any familiarity with Kingdom Hearts is the Handheld market, which faces barely any competition from Sony anyway.
If you are going to count the handheld fanbase for the Nintendo, then its equally valid to count that fanbase for playstation and xbox because they are separate markets.

Thus you are arguing a Moot Point.

you keep mentioning ps2 but ps2 =/= ps4. you are just trying (in vain) to deny the undeniable: Nintendo has a big kingdom hearts fanbase.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

you keep mentioning handhelds as if they have any bearing on whether or not a franchise goes to the console.
GBA+DS+3DS+PSP =/= Wii U
It does not, its that simple.
The Main Series of the game are only on PlayStation platforms, you cannot have the full experience without a PlayStation Console, even 3DS only has recaps of the previous games.
The only subset of the Nintendo Fan base that has any familiarity with Kingdom Hearts is the Handheld market, which faces barely any competition from Sony anyway.
If you are going to count the handheld fanbase for the Nintendo, then its equally valid to count that fanbase for playstation and xbox because they are separate markets.

Thus you are arguing a Moot Point.

you keep mentioning ps2 but ps2 =/= ps4. you are just trying (in vain) to deny the undeniable: GBA+DS+3DS+PSP have a big kingdom hearts fanbase. 

Except for the fact that ps2 games were remade for ps3. 

You won't include the ps2 and ps3 in fanbase for the ps4 but you want to include the handhelds as excusive to Nintendo?

The Handheld Fanbase is not exclusive to Nintendo period.

We are talking about the Wii U vs Xbox One, not the hand helds which are platforms that actually had the games.

The majority of the fanbase has played the mainline games, especially the dedicated fanbase. So everything that you count for Nintendo can count for Playstation and even Xbox, while the Ps2 and PS3 are the only home consoles to have Kingdom Hearts previously.

Why would they make a KH game on the Wii U rather than the 3DS? They wouldn't.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Panama said:
Maybe, but can the Wii U run the games is the real question.

PS3 can run FFXV, why not Wii U?

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
Panama said:

What?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I can agree that both would sell similar numbers when it comes to FF. For KH, I think it can pull off better numbers on WiiU than X1.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
Panama said:

Are you serious? Gezz...

leyendax69 said:
EricFabian said:
Panama said:

Are you serious? Gezz...

of course not

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:

of course not

Okay then, sorry. Sometimes is hard to recognize sarcasm, especially in this site :P

darkknightkryta said:

Except you can see perfectly well how the models are near identicle.  Can't hide the square polygons in Sora's outfits.  But that's besides the point; Outlawran was saying Kingdom Hearts 3 looks too good to be running in real time when the truth of the matter is that it barely looks better than a PS2 game at this point.  Though I'm not saying the porting costs to the Xbox One doesn't make more sense than porting to the Wii U; I'm saying what they've shown off is very capable on the Wii U as is vs Final Fantasy 15 which would need a huge overhaul.

Which outlaw is running places?

And your comment is completely ridiculous. Look at both trailers for the games and honestly tell me it looks worse than a PS3 title should. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
darkknightkryta said:

I'll weigh in.  I honestly believed Square Enix was planning for Kingdom Hearts 3 on the Wii U.  From a technical standpoint, the game looks like trash.  I'll assume they were building the game around the Wii U and then progressively build on it as they develop the engine for the console.  They didn't want to announce the game without the PS4 and most likely waited.  Then things changed.  Nintendo's Wii U isn't exactly selling gangbusters and they most likely panicked and put the game on the Xbox One in hopes of getting that install base to buy the game.  Unbeknownst to them; the Xbox One is selling equally bad, but already made the announcement. That's my belief for Kingdom Hearts 3.  

Scenario 2: The game just looks bad cause they decided they're finally going to make the game and threw together something within a week for a trailer.

As far as FF 15 is concerned.  I honestly do no believe the Wii U can handle what they've shown, as is.  The kind of downgrade wouldn't be worth the headache.

problem is you are wrong. xone IS doing better than Wii U in the same time frame at a much higher price.

and the Xone is still set to stay behind wii u indefinetely and, most importantly, be less relevant in japan than the 360 was. Square would be crazy if they weren't at least considering those games, especially KH3, on wii u.

well i guess they're crazy. And? what now? whats the end game?