By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Trilogy could be remastered for Xbox One and PS4

Tagged games:

Would you buy the Mass Effect Trilogy for a next gen console?

Definitely for Xbox One 19 15.32%

Definitely for PS4 68 54.84%

Why would I want to play that rubbish again? 22 17.74%

Series of last generation... 15 12.10%

Total:124
Wright said:

And...no WiiU?

What is a Wii U?

OT: Meh.. I don't really care. Just give me Mass Effect 4 with a brand-new universe and then I will give a damn..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I like Mass Effect a lot but no. Enough with the remakes for games that only came out a matter of years ago. Have we run out of ideas that we must now re-release all the time?

Carl2291 said:
Wright said:

And...no WiiU?

EA develop for platforms they see as financially viable.

Wii U isnt one of those platforms.

Nor is the 3DS.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I would buy it for PS4 day one.

They'd have to go out of their way to make it look better than the PC version... ain't gonna happen.

Around the Network

That would be sweet. It would be even sweeter if they upgraded the games to run at mass effect 3 kind of gameplay. Reguardless theyw ill have my money if they do this. Mass effect trilogy are my favorite games of all time.

famousringo said:

Nor is the 3DS.

Same boat as Wii, PSP and Vita for them. Will get a Yearly FIFA.

Western 3rd parties shifting to mobile, rather than 3DS/Vita.

CladInShadows said:
If they do this, it would now add the possibility of importing your saves from ME3 into the new Mass Effect game.

I didn't even think of that.

But then, they have made it pretty clear they wont be following on from Sherpard's story.  It is possible the key events (whether you went with Saving/Killing/Controlling the Reapers)  could impact on your story - but I'd think its likely that they will start with a clean slate/canon or do a prequel.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

adriane23 said:
They'd have to recreate the first game, because that shit was an over-hyped mess even when it first released.

In what universe? Mass Effect didn't get hyped until after its release. People were unsure of what to expect from Mass Effect. It was a new IP. Despite it's flaws, the first game is still my favorite in the series and the third was my most disappointing. 

Darc Requiem said:
adriane23 said:
They'd have to recreate the first game, because that shit was an over-hyped mess even when it first released.

In what universe? Mass Effect didn't get hyped until after its release. People were unsure of what to expect from Mass Effect. It was a new IP. Despite it's flaws, the first game is still my favorite in the series and the third was my most disappointing. 

2007 must be a bit foggy for you if you think there wasn't a ridiculous amount of hype for Mass Effect leading up to it's release.

I am the Playstation Avenger.