By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Trilogy could be remastered for Xbox One and PS4

Tagged games:

Would you buy the Mass Effect Trilogy for a next gen console?

Definitely for Xbox One 19 15.32%

Definitely for PS4 68 54.84%

Why would I want to play that rubbish again? 22 17.74%

Series of last generation... 15 12.10%

Total:124
adriane23 said:
Darc Requiem said:
adriane23 said:
They'd have to recreate the first game, because that shit was an over-hyped mess even when it first released.

In what universe? Mass Effect didn't get hyped until after its release. People were unsure of what to expect from Mass Effect. It was a new IP. Despite it's flaws, the first game is still my favorite in the series and the third was my most disappointing. 

2007 must be a bit foggy for you if you think there wasn't a ridiculous amount of hype for Mass Effect leading up to it's release.

Considering that I'm not the only one that disagrees with you, it must be foggy for a few of us. Perfect Dark Zero was an overhyped mess. It had all the pre-release hype and gamers that normally wouldn't know anything about the Xbox brand out side of Halo were awaiting it's release. Mass Effect's hype starting after the game released. It got mutiple great reviews and exceptional word of mouth.

Around the Network

There's so much damn DLC for all the games that if they include all of them for $60 it would be a steal!

As much as I like the ME trilogy I already have the games and I've pretty much had my fill of playing each one of them. Platinumed ME2 and 3 and almost platinumed ME though the last couple of trophies are too tedious for me to be bothered putting the hours in at this point.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Not unless it has new content and serious upgrades which I know it wouldn't so no.

Yeah I would be ok with a new one, but well for some this might be cool. I wouldn't buy it though.
I'm playing nr.3 now and then I would rather have a new one :)

Around the Network

I'd buy it instantly

starcraft said:
CladInShadows said:
If they do this, it would now add the possibility of importing your saves from ME3 into the new Mass Effect game.

I didn't even think of that.

But then, they have made it pretty clear they wont be following on from Sherpard's story.  It is possible the key events (whether you went with Saving/Killing/Controlling the Reapers)  could impact on your story - but I'd think its likely that they will start with a clean slate/canon or do a prequel.

Yeah, I think it's unlikely, but the potential is there, even if it isn't directly related to Shepherd.  I own it for the PC, so I assume that if the feature were to be brought to the PS4 / XBone, then it would be added to the version I already own.

I tried playing me2 on the ps3 a week ago and the frame rate drops simply ruined it so a remastered edition would be nice.

More Lens Flare and combat improvements would make this a done deal for me. ME2 was my personal favorite but each entry has their own perks.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

That would be the biggest F you EA could ever give to Nintendo.

Yeah, we'll put the whole Mass effect trilogy on PS4bone, but nooo no chance of the whole trilogy coming to Wii U.

Though at this pint there is zero chance of the ME series selling half-decent numbers on Wii U.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix