By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Trilogy could be remastered for Xbox One and PS4

Tagged games:

Would you buy the Mass Effect Trilogy for a next gen console?

Definitely for Xbox One 19 15.32%

Definitely for PS4 68 54.84%

Why would I want to play that rubbish again? 22 17.74%

Series of last generation... 15 12.10%

Total:124
AnthonyW86 said:

What about dat ending though... I don't think any gamer has the power to go through that again.

I know I am close to alone, but I thought it was very fitting!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

No! Make a new Mass Effect instead

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

starcraft said:

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/03/03/mass-effect-trilogy-may-be-remastered-for-ps4-and-xbox-one

BioWare is discussing the possibility of remastering the Mass Effect Trilogy for PS4 and Xbox One.

The news comes from the general manager of the developer's Edmonton and Montreal studios Aaryn Flynn, who revealed on Twitter that the topic had been brought up internally though nothing solid has been decided.

While a remastered re-release of the original Trilogy could still happen, it's unclear how long it would take to create, seeing as most of the studio is presumably hard at work on the upcoming next installment in the franchise.

I think this would be fantastic - presumably I will have at least one, if not both, of the consoles by the time this is done (minimum 18 months from the decision being made I would think).  If not I would definitely leap in if they contracted a studio to do an effective port of the entire trilogy for the price of one game!

i think this is good news, i played ME2 over 30h to complete it, a new updated trilogy would be welcomed and could serve as an introduction to an inevitable ME4 for new players

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

the2real4mafol said:
No! Make a new Mass Effect instead

They already are.

Mass Effect is one of the few (North) American made game franchises I actually enjoy, so yeah I'd like to see a properly updated version of the trilogy on PS4 and I'd get it as an excuse to play through the trilogy again. Though I hated 2, I'd still play through it just to re-experience the journey from start to finish again without the gap between releases (also, 1 is excellent so I just want to play through that one again because it's... well..... excellent).

In any case, like I said, I'd play through them all again if they were properly updated for PS4.

Around the Network

I'd like to add i purely bought it because while walking around the the store it had this wicked sick special edition at the same price as the normal version. And it looked like a proper Sifi-rpg/shooter.
part 2 and 3 went backwards with the dept regarding suddenly required heatsinks and less armor options

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

If they do this, it would now add the possibility of importing your saves from ME3 into the new Mass Effect game.

i doubt it would be worth the cost for them to do it, but good for them if they think it is
As good as they were/are, I certainly won't be buying them all again (I'm probably not the only on either)
I'd much rather have BioWare put their money into something new

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

increases the value of MassEffect3 on Wiiu even more i guess?

Yeah.... No...... Never in my 25 years of gaming has a Game/series ending been so horrible as ME3's
100+ hour down the drain for that again? no thanks I rather buy a FFXIII remake.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints