By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - C4 Engine Exclusive To PS4 Due To PR Missteps For Xbox One

Hmm, I've used the C4 engine. It's pretty....terrible.

At least it was a few years ago, I haven't touched it in a long time. There aren't really any games that have been made with it.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

I understand that this is a minor victory for the PS4, but all the games made on this engine aren't that good

JOKA_ said:

At least it was a few years ago, I haven't touched it in a long time. There aren't really any games that have been made with it.

World of Subways
City Bus Simulator
Lego Wolf3D
Quest of Persia: Lotfali Khan Zand
The 31st
Utility Vehicle Simulator 2012
Bridge! The Construction Game
Rolling
Wingball
Ludicrous
Gremlin Invasion
Gremlin Invasion: Survivor
1 Carnaval De Distorções
Tauchfahrt zur Titanic
Bounce!
The Visible Dark
World Hunter
Rabbit
GreySoul
Project Reality 2

Well some undergrounds games... I played some... it is fine.

OttoniBastos said:
Holy shit! What is the problem with ID@Xbox?

I thought ID@Xbox program was made to improve the relatioship between MS and indies but they are still complaining.

Im pretty sure this was before the ID@Xbox program...could be wrong though But im guessing MS is kissing everybody's ass after "losing" the sales war in every region.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

daredevil.shark said:
I came thinking Cryengine 4. I got trolled. Ha ha ha.

I blame the beanie wearing Reggie.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Oh look, an engine that no one cares about... It makes for a good ps4 > xbox one article but come on, no one cares apart from that

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

ethomaz said:
JOKA_ said:

World of Subways
City Bus Simulator
Lego Wolf3D
Quest of Persia: Lotfali Khan Zand
The 31st
Utility Vehicle Simulator 2012
Bridge! The Construction Game
Rolling
Wingball
Ludicrous
Gremlin Invasion
Gremlin Invasion: Survivor
1 Carnaval De Distorções
Tauchfahrt zur Titanic
Bounce!
The Visible Dark
World Hunter
Rabbit
GreySoul
Project Reality 2

Well some undergrounds games... I played some... it is fine.

Exactly, nothing really of note. Unity is where it's at. 

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

AZWification said:
daredevil.shark said:
I came thinking Cryengine 4. I got trolled. Ha ha ha.

I blame the beanie wearing Reggie.

Then how about this?

Wow so many people immediately jump to the "PS4 win over X1" thing. Thats really not the story here...

Its the bad PR for X1 that is. MS needs to sort stuff like this out, although im sure they already have or will shortly.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

badgenome said:
Shinobi-san said:
Not sure what MS was thinking when they dealt with these guys...

Probably something like, "What the fuck is a C4 Engine?"

Which is what I imagine 99% of people entering this thread also said.

Non-issue.