By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - C4 Engine Exclusive To PS4 Due To PR Missteps For Xbox One

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Oh look, an engine that no one cares about... It makes for a good ps4 > xbox one article but come on, no one cares apart from that

It's not really about the engine.

“C4 is currently exclusive to the PS4 for the sole reason that Sony was much more cooperative than Microsoft when we were first exploring conversion to next-gen consoles. Sony treated us with respect and made sure that we had everything we needed to get C4 running on the PS4. Microsoft did not respond to us in any way that included the slightest bit of professionalism, and that’s just one more thing to throw onto the pile of PR missteps surrounding the Xbox One.”

This is what's important and telling. There might've been more cases like this that really leaves a bad taste for any indie developer planning to release on X1.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I came thinking it was a important or a bit minor important engine and was trolled.

They didn´t supported the Xbox 360 either.

We are talking about a engine made for Windows XP and Vista, it´s based on OpenGL, so no wonder PS3/PS4 is supported.

never heard of the thing and since we dont know what was said on either side how do we know the guy just isnt pissed that ms didnt jump through hoops to get his unknown engine on the one

granted i wouldnt be surprised if ms did act alittle unprofessional

Shinobi-san said:
Wow so many people immediately jump to the "PS4 win over X1" thing. Thats really not the story here...

Its the bad PR for X1 that is. MS needs to sort stuff like this out, although im sure they already have or will shortly.

well, the cosole war angle is certainly there.

...but yeah the statment itself of the meat of it.  the veracity of the statement is what caught my attention.  i feel like this guy was moments away from pulling out the explitives.

I'm not sure I understand all these indy devs with their constant MS bashing... it's like they are all fanb** being butthurt when their requests are not met like they want. How can they call MS unprofessionnal when they themselves talk like that. In this industry if something doesn't work well you just leave it there and come back when things are fixed. Especially this early in the gen. They act like sales on MS platforms would be irrelevant.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Shinobi-san said:
Wow so many people immediately jump to the "PS4 win over X1" thing. Thats really not the story here...

Its the bad PR for X1 that is. MS needs to sort stuff like this out, although im sure they already have or will shortly.

well, the cosole war angle is certainly there.

...but yeah the statment itself of the meat of it.  the veracity of the statement is what caught my attention.  i feel like this guy was moments away from pulling out the explitives.

Seems like its going over most peoples heads

"Never heard of this engine"

lol

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Jazz2K said:
I'm not sure I understand all these indy devs with their constant MS bashing... it's like they are all fanb** being butthurt when their requests are not met like they want. How can they call MS unprofessionnal when they themselves talk like that. In this industry if something doesn't work well you just leave it there and come back when things are fixed. Especially this early in the gen. They act like sales on MS platforms would be irrelevant.

Seriously? Thats your thoughts on this....INDEPENDENT developers are fanboys being butthurt?

Ya.Right.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Never heard of the C4 Engine, never heard of Terathon Software. Keep that shovelware away

Shinobi-san said:
Jazz2K said:

Seriously? Thats your thoughts on this....INDEPENDENT developers are fanboys being butthurt?

Ya.Right.

Yea some of them act exactly like that. It's like they never had disagreement in business. Why make public statements like that... it makes them look no more professionnal than the response from MS which we don't even know what they said or how they approached them.

Bring the indy's to the PS4 baby! Microsofts loss! I'll still be playing my shooters on the Xbone though.