By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - C4 Engine Exclusive To PS4 Due To PR Missteps For Xbox One

Machiavellian said:
Shinobi-san said:
Wow that guy didnt hold back any punches with that statement.

Not sure what MS was thinking when they dealt with these guys...

In business you never burn your bridges unless you really think you will never cross it.  I find it silly for any developer to cross that line as things change all the time within a company as well as policy.  So when this developer was reaching out to MS, who did they reach out to.  Things have changed from the beginning of the X1 compared to now.  Never in those quotes did the developer mention where, when and how he communicated to MS.  What response did they get and did he ever reach out again.

For cross game development, if the X1 becomes a popular indie system, then his engine will not be the one looked at by indie developers but instead engines that run on both platforms like Unity.  I would think the developer would want to have as many developers using his engine than being butt hurt if their first efforts were not met with the kind of happiness and sunshine they wanted.

I doubt hes burned bridges. MS has had a turn around when it comes to dealing with smaller devs. So like i said in a previous post, im sure MS will sort this out, i doubt MS will hold a grudge for a statement made when asked a question. Especially if its the truth.

I also raised the issue of timing in a previous post so im not sure why you are quoting me and asking the very same things i was asking in a previous post....:/

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:

You dont enter a industry to purposefully not be market leader. Considering the position they were in with the 360, market leader would have been a realistic goal.

But anyways you asked "where are they?" I just gave you the answer you were looking for

So why did Sony make the Vita? Did they think they actually had a chance to be the market leader?

Maybe being the market leader isn't always financially worthwhile? It cost Sony billions of dollars just achieve sales at par with the 360.

Maybe the X1 can be used to push other MS services and be very profitable even if its not the market leader.

The 360 did very well thanks to mistakes with the PS3. But the success of the 360 did not guartantee they would be the market leader this gen.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
kitler53 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Where are they? The gen just started and we don't know everything MS is doing.

We're hearing a lot of nice things from the Sony camp but they still need to deliver on games.

sony is deliverying on games though, moreso than MS at least. 

Like I've said before, we don't really know what MS has lined up. Sony has always had a tendency to more vocal about what's coming.

Time and time again people keep thinking MS is only working on what they announce.

Right now, the only thing MS wants to talk about is Titanfall and I'm sure EA/Respawn is happy about that.

and we don't really know what sony has lined up either...

..yet in march the only games i can find solid release dates on for xbone are titanfall and metal gear ground zeros.

on ps4: we have infamous second sons and metal gear ground zeros.         ...and Awesomenauts, and Dead Nation, and Putty Squad, and TowerFall: Ascension, and SteamWorld Dig, and Dynasty Warriors 8, and Fez, and DreamPark Tycoon, and Stealth Inc: Ultimate Edition, and Strike Suit Zero.

so tell me,.. when are MS going to start delivering the games?!

Fusioncode said:
Mr Puggsly said:

And...?

I never got the impression MS's goal is to be the market leader. Did you?

Hahahahahahahahaha!

No they were perfectly fine getting destroyed in the US and UK. I'm sure that's exactly what they wanted. 

Once again, did you get the impression their goal was to be the market leader?

When they put a console on the market for $499, did you get the impression their goal was to be the market leader?

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Shinobi-san said:

You dont enter a industry to purposefully not be market leader. Considering the position they were in with the 360, market leader would have been a realistic goal.

But anyways you asked "where are they?" I just gave you the answer you were looking for

So why did Sony make the Vita? Did they think they actually had a chance to be the market leader?

Maybe being the market leader isn't always financially worthwhile? It cost Sony billions of dollars just achieve sales at par with the 360.

Maybe the X1 can be used to push other MS services and be very profitable even if its not the market leader.

The 360 did very well thanks to mistakes with the PS3. But the success of the 360 did not guartantee they would be the market leader this gen.

Given the state of the PSP and the DS why would market leader be a realistic goal for Sony with the PSV?Although Sony are pretty deluded at times...i wouldnt be surprised if they did have a goal of being market leader with the VITA

Thats why i said above "considering the position the 360 was in..." the context is key here. I didnt say the success of the 360 guarentees X1 to be market leader but it does make a realistic goal.

Which is what you asked about....MS's goal.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Fusioncode said:
Mr Puggsly said:

And...?

Hahahahahahahahaha!

No they were perfectly fine getting destroyed in the US and UK. I'm sure that's exactly what they wanted. 

When they put a console on the market for $499, did you get the impression their goal was to be the market leader?

Considering they shipped 3.9m and only sold 3m I highly doubt Microsoft expected to be at this level of sales. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Shinobi-san said:
Machiavellian said:
Shinobi-san said:
Wow that guy didnt hold back any punches with that statement.

Not sure what MS was thinking when they dealt with these guys...

In business you never burn your bridges unless you really think you will never cross it.  I find it silly for any developer to cross that line as things change all the time within a company as well as policy.  So when this developer was reaching out to MS, who did they reach out to.  Things have changed from the beginning of the X1 compared to now.  Never in those quotes did the developer mention where, when and how he communicated to MS.  What response did they get and did he ever reach out again.

For cross game development, if the X1 becomes a popular indie system, then his engine will not be the one looked at by indie developers but instead engines that run on both platforms like Unity.  I would think the developer would want to have as many developers using his engine than being butt hurt if their first efforts were not met with the kind of happiness and sunshine they wanted.

I doubt hes burned bridges. MS has had a turn around when it comes to dealing with smaller devs. So like i said in a previous post, im sure MS will sort this out, i doubt MS will hold a grudge for a statement made when asked a question. Especially if its the truth.

I also raised the issue of timing in a previous post so im not sure why you are quoting me and asking the very same things i was asking in a previous post....:/

If he is not burning the bridge he sure enough have it lit.  It's not the fact that he stated that communication was poor with MS but he also criticize the console.  If he would have just left it at bad communication then I would agree with you but the attitude from the quote would make dealings strained.  You notice most developers who have dealings with console OEMs never say anything public negative about the system.  Most business would not want to deal with someone who will come out and start to criticize their system if things become touché.

On another note, for developers who are developing for the X1, you get a free Unity license anyway so I really do not see why any cross or exclusive indie developer on the X1 would look to this developer engine when there is a very powerful free alternative.

On your previous post, I did not see it so I apologize for my response to yours since you made reference to my points.

yikes.. crap like this devalues consoles way too fast.. it happend to mobile games (which they are recovering from).. I hope that there is some quality control out there.. f*ck "Indies".. just allow the good ones..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

kitler53 said:

and we don't really know what sony has lined up either...

..yet in march the only games i can find solid release dates on for xbone are titanfall and metal gear ground zeros.

on ps4: we have infamous second sons and metal gear ground zeros.         ...and Awesomenauts, and Dead Nation, and Putty Squad, and TowerFall: Ascension, and SteamWorld Dig, and Dynasty Warriors 8, and Fez, and DreamPark Tycoon, and Stealth Inc: Ultimate Edition, and Strike Suit Zero.

so tell me,.. when are MS going to start delivering the games?!

Hmmm... I'll take Titanfall.

I'm sorry, that isn't a very impressive list on the PS4. Its still slim pickings on either platform.

Recently Completed

Fusioncode said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Fusioncode said:
Mr Puggsly said:

And...?

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Considering they shipped 3.9m and only sold 3m I highly doubt Microsoft expected to be at this level of sales. 

Its pretty simple.  MS will have to do what Sony did with the PS3.  they will need to cut cost and drop the price as agressive as they can or include something nice in a bundle like Titanfall, Halo or Gears.  MS definitely know what they were up against once they priced their console 100 bones more than the competition especially since their console does not have the same graphical capabiliies.