By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - C4 Engine Exclusive To PS4 Due To PR Missteps For Xbox One

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Chances are higher that what MS has to offer is what someojne else is offering and little to do with themselves.

Does it matter?

I don't care, but I guess you do.

Quite astute, aren't we?

Around the Network

I like the fact that this guy doesn't give a shit and tells it like it is. If MS neglected them and acted unprofessional then I don't see why they would hold punches.

kitler53 said:

you know what puggsly,..  i absolutely agree with you here.

the disasterous launch focusing on kinect and tvtvtvsports.   the disasterous DRM policies.  the disasterously high price.   clearly, MS was trying their absolute hardest to fail.  launching a successful product probably never crossed MS's mind...

Well if they launched the X1 like originally planned the sales would be MUCH worse. I believe pre-orders reflected that.

Launching a successful product and being the market leader is not the same thing.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Shinobi-san said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The PS3 not being a market leader at $599, but selling great at $399, $299, $249, and $199 shows you should buy my argument.

If MS really wanted the X1 to be a market leader, it would have launched for $299 and MS would have ate a loss to do it.

PS3 can sell at 50$ for all i care. If Sony didnt support the console with good exclusives and 3rd parties didnt bring their most wanted games..then it doesnt matter what price the PS3 was at it wouldnt sell.  That argument about price being everything is really baseless, so i dont buy it.

You're speaking as if price doesn't have a huge impact on sales.

People wanted the PS3 simply because many owned a PS2. But price drove them away.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

badgenome said:
Shinobi-san said:
Not sure what MS was thinking when they dealt with these guys...

Probably something like, "What the fuck is a C4 Engine?"

LOL

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Shinobi-san said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The PS3 not being a market leader at $599, but selling great at $399, $299, $249, and $199 shows you should buy my argument.

If MS really wanted the X1 to be a market leader, it would have launched for $299 and MS would have ate a loss to do it.

PS3 can sell at 50$ for all i care. If Sony didnt support the console with good exclusives and 3rd parties didnt bring their most wanted games..then it doesnt matter what price the PS3 was at it wouldnt sell.  That argument about price being everything is really baseless, so i dont buy it.

People wanted the PS3 simply because many owned a PS2. But price drove them away.

Nah its more like your speaking as if price is everything. You were the one who brought up price like 4 times in a row...

You are saying that MS isnt going for market leader becuase X1 is at a higher price. Thats really not a logical thing to say. Given that MS didnt know what price PS4 was at. In any case its not price alone that sells, the more important factor is value. MS backed themselves with their Kinect push. they obviously thought they could show the value of Kinect whether it be with system integration or games etc. That risk hasnt paid off exactly as planned it seems as they have lost ground in markets they already were market leaders in.

You actually saying that MS decided to purposefully lose market share? I highly doubt it. Im sorry but lets just agree to disagree. If you dont see the fallacies in your argument at this point then you never will. And we will keep going. I am tired. Good night.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Nah its more like your speaking as if price is everything. You were the one who brought up price like 4 times in a row...

Okay, so we're going to pretend PS3's poor sales at $599 and mega sales at $299 was a coincidence. Price had nothing to do with turning sales around.

Sony went from the best selling console of all time to... struggling to achieve sales at par with the 360. Price obviously had very little to do with that.

Recently Completed

That C4 engine sure is 'explosive'

*ba-dum-tssss* 

lame pun jokes.....hahaha

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Mr Puggsly said:
Shinobi-san said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Okay, so we're going to pretend PS3's poor sales at $599 and mega sales at $299 was a coincidence. Price had nothing to do with turning sales around.

Sony went from the best selling console of all time to... struggling to achieve sales at par with the 360. Price obviously had very little to do with that.

Il say this again.You brought up price as if it was everything. My rebuttal to that was that price is NOT everything and that perceived value is key. I DID NOT say price has no impact on sales. Its funny because perceived value is quite reliant on price as well

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

You clearly are a Xbox fanboy.

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was moderated by TruckOSaurus