By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - C4 Engine Exclusive To PS4 Due To PR Missteps For Xbox One

Mr Puggsly said:
kitler53 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Where are they? The gen just started and we don't know everything MS is doing.

We're hearing a lot of nice things from the Sony camp but they still need to deliver on games.

sony is deliverying on games though, moreso than MS at least. 

Like I've said before, we don't really know what MS has lined up. Sony has always had a tendency to more vocal about what's coming.

Time and time again people keep thinking MS is only working on what they announce.

Right now, the only thing MS wants to talk about is Titanfall and I'm sure EA/Respawn is happy about that.

Chances are higher that what MS has to offer is what someojne else is offering and little to do with themselves.

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:
Shinobi-san said:
Jazz2K said:
I'm not sure I understand all these indy devs with their constant MS bashing... it's like they are all fanb** being butthurt when their requests are not met like they want. How can they call MS unprofessionnal when they themselves talk like that. In this industry if something doesn't work well you just leave it there and come back when things are fixed. Especially this early in the gen. They act like sales on MS platforms would be irrelevant.

Seriously? Thats your thoughts on this....INDEPENDENT developers are fanboys being butthurt?

Ya.Right.

Yea some of them act exactly like that. It's like they never had disagreement in business. Why make public statements like that... it makes them look no more professionnal than the response from MS which we don't even know what they said or how they approached them.

They were obviously asked by the magazine about the reasons for exclusivity. Its not like they are just making random statements to hurt MS. It seems like they reached out to MS and were either handled poorly or ignored. Thats what i got out of hes statement. And if thats the reason for the exlcusivity...basically MS not showing any interest...then why not say it?

I dont see what these guys have to gain by mouthing off MS..this seems like legitimate frustration on their part. And cosidering that multiple other studios have spoken out against MS, id say theres a good chance MS is doing something wrong.

OR sony is paying them all bucket loads of money to mouth off on MS...yeah. Your statement about being butthurt fanboys is just baseless crap and you know it.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The same condescending attitude that landed MS right where they are. 

We're hearing a lot of nice things from the Sony camp but they still need to deliver on games.

2.2 million sales behind their main competitor

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Fusioncode said:

Is that why they annouced a new Halo with literally nothing to show? Or told everyone that a new Gears is coming before it was even put into production? Right. 

I don't understand your point. Is MS bombarding you with information with the next Gears, Halo, or any of the other games they're working on?

No, they're focused on Titanfall at the moment.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Shinobi-san said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

And...?

I never got the impression MS's goal is to be the market leader. Did you?

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

So doesnt making the engine exclusive to only one platform mean that fewer devs will want to use since it limits where they would be able to sell there games? So doesnt this mean bad news for c4 then does ms

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Chances are higher that what MS has to offer is what someojne else is offering and little to do with themselves.

Does it matter?

I don't care, but I guess you do.

Recently Completed

Shinobi-san said:
Wow that guy didnt hold back any punches with that statement.

Not sure what MS was thinking when they dealt with these guys...

In business you never burn your bridges unless you really think you will never cross it.  I find it silly for any developer to cross that line as things change all the time within a company as well as policy.  So when this developer was reaching out to MS, who did they reach out to.  Things have changed from the beginning of the X1 compared to now.  Never in those quotes did the developer mention where, when and how he communicated to MS.  What response did they get and did he ever reach out again.

For cross game development, if the X1 becomes a popular indie system, then his engine will not be the one looked at by indie developers but instead engines that run on both platforms like Unity.  I would think the developer would want to have as many developers using his engine than being butt hurt if their first efforts were not met with the kind of happiness and sunshine they wanted.

Mr Puggsly said:
Shinobi-san said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

And...?

You dont enter a industry to purposefully not be market leader. Considering the position they were in with the 360, market leader would have been a realistic goal.

But anyways you asked "where are they?" I just gave you the answer you were looking for

Mr Puggsly said:
Shinobi-san said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

And...?

Hahahahahahahahaha!

No they were perfectly fine getting destroyed in the US and UK. I'm sure that's exactly what they wanted. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!