By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fact is, who bought a Nintendo console, primary want to play games from nintendo!! True story party people

Bought my 3DS for Tales of the Abyss and the vast majority of my 3DS titles are 3rd party, so no I primarily bought my 3DS for 3rd party games. As for wii U? Bought it for operation rainfall, X and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, so I guess that's practically like buying it for Nintendo games even though the two Wii U games I own for it right now are not Nintendo games.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
BraveNewWorld said:
Doesn't everyone buy a respective console, primarily, for its exclusives?

Not really. Most people buy a console to have access to the widest variety of games/genres first and foremost. Exclusives are then used to tip the scales one way or another.

Systems that relied primarily or almost exclusively on 1st/2nd party games: N64, GameCube, Sega Saturn, Sega Master System, Sega Dreamcast, Wii, Wii U, Turbo Grafx 16.

Generally speaking of that bunch, the Wii (fuelled by the motion gaming craze) is the only one to have achieved a really high level of success and the only one that wasn't routed by a competing console that had a higher variety of games.

To be honest in the 80s and early to mid-90s that's what Nintendo was actually known for ... you HAD to buy Nintendo because you didn't want to get stuck with a Sega Master System that had some admittedly cool Sega games but literally nothing else. The NES had everything ... hockey, basketball, football, racing, action, shooters, RPGs, in addition to Nintendo's games.

On my NES I played Megaman 2 and 3 and Contra and Super C and Metal Gear and Blades of Steel as much as any Nintendo game outside of maybe Super Mario Bros. 3. And on my Super NES, I easily poured more hours into Street Fighter II than any Nintendo game. Don't get me wrong I always loved Nintendo's games too, but it was never a "either or" choice before the N64.

I don't think both answers are true. PS4 currently don't a lot of exclusives and also no wide variety of games/genres. Still it sells well. So I think people have different reasons for buying consoles. And brand power is among them. The hope on future games is among them. That explains the current success of the PS4.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Soundwave said:

Stop crying about not having Mario Kart and try playing something else for f*ck's sake. And I say that as a fan of the Mario Kart series.

Especially as Sega All-Stars Racing is really fine for that type of play. Don't get me wrong: I will still buy mario Kart. But so far playing Segas game is good enough, no need to rush MK.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Nahhh I bought it to play Angry Birds

But in seriousness, thats a yes cause I mainly bought it for Zelda and Smash although I m buying mamy other Nintendo and Indie games as well... All the third party hurr durr I can play on my PC at max with 1080p 60fps so I m not really missing much from its competitors atm

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

FromDK said:
GamechaserBE said:
Not true I bought a Wii U for my sister because she is into 'Rabbids' and love to play on her Ipad so we thought that Wii U would be a great decision.

But their are really not that many Nintendo games, must be kind of boring? Play a game and wait another 3-5 months for the next Nintendo game and hope you like that game?

New costumers can also look at the games allready out :)  so when MK and Bawl is out.. allmost ten N games so fare.. and there is also some 3. party.. raymand, sonic, monsterhunter.. and orther like batman, watchdogs (soon) Cod and so.. That is more than 20 games all ready.. (much more than the attach ratio of all the consoles the entire last gen) 

You know, that's something I never understood when people talk about getting a console or one they just bought. People in forums act like they're not allowed to ever purchase games that released before they bought the console, as if the day they finally got their own console to take home is launch day.
If I buy a console well into its lifecycle, I'm going back and catchup up on all the stuff I missed. That's what I did when I briefly owned a 360.

And speaking strictly about your little sister GameChaserBE,  are you saying you already acquired NSMBU, SM3DW, Pikmin, Nintendoland, Wind Waker and DK:TF and she's been through all of those already? And you yourself said it's not true you all didn't get it just for Nintendo games, so what about Rayman,  Just Dance 2014 and the other third party games, not to mention some of the awesome indy games in the eShop?

Around the Network

Doesn't mean I don't support good 3rd party efforts.
...but yes

FATALITY said:
zorg1000 said:
FATALITY said:
yeah... this excuse.

what excuse?

what are we talking about?

People buy Nintendo consoles to play Nintendo games, where is the excuse?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Yep, as most of my third party needs are filled by Playstation!

Not true for me. I buy Nintendo consoles because I would go a generation without Smash, Mario Kart, Zelda, or 3D Mario.

However, those aren't my "primary" gaming purpose with them. If I would buy all my 3rd party games on my Wii U, I would. I don't believe in buying more than two consoles (a handheld and a home console) for something I consider a casual hobby. I'm not really a hardcore gamer, I'm a proud casual gamer. Unfortunately, we all know that Nintendo gets shit third party support, but even still, I have 3rd than first party games on my Wii U and 3DS.

Too bad this kind of mentality is why wii u is in trouble...