By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fact is, who bought a Nintendo console, primary want to play games from nintendo!! True story party people

So that excuses not fighting (And I mean trying to exterminate the others) over third-parties control?

Who bought a SNES back in the day for Final Fantasy?

Around the Network

Exclusives sell systems, if i can speak from my own experience. I got a GameCube just for Skies of Arcadia. I got a 360 only for the exclusive JRPGs from mistwalker. I got a psp with the promise of a portable Final Fantasy. I also got a Wii for Xenoblade and The Last Story.

Would i get a GameCube, a PSP, a 360 and a Wii if it weren't for these games ? Absolutely not.

So i guess a multitude of good games could force me to get a Wii U, even though i find it a very bad system.(underpowered, hate the expensive tablet controller)

Fact is, wanting nintendo games =/= just wanting nintendo games.

it's disrespectful when third parties don't release games for the nintendo fanbase. it's also terrible to see lot's of people telling us to buy another console.

To be honest, as a Nintendo fan who grew up with Nintendo consoles starting with the NES, I don't recoginize the Nintendo fanbase much these days.

Where are the Nintendo fans that would buy things like Star Fox and F-Zero and Wave Race and NBA Courtside and Ken Griffey Jr.

Today I see a Wii U userbase of 5+ million active owners, yet putrid attach rates for things like DKC, Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101 and I just shake my head.

Stop crying about not having Mario Kart and try playing something else for f*ck's sake. And I say that as a fan of the Mario Kart series. 

Third parties don't hold any blame here, Nintendo made an XBox 360, without any userbase behind it at a time when most third parties are transitioning to the next-generation. The best they could hope for was ports to begin with because the hardware has no vision behind it.

If Nintendo can barely sell things like DKC and Pikmin ... in that environment a third party has no chance. 

Yes.

Thank you for clarifying something we already knew.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

it's disrespectful when third parties don't release games for the nintendo fanbase. it's also terrible to see lot's of people telling us to buy another console.

But what about when the nintendo fanbase don't purchase third-party games?

Wright said:
Zero999 said:

what about when the sony/MS fanbase don't purchase third parties? what about when third party's sabotage their own games?

Soundwave said:

To be honest, as a Nintendo fan who grew up with Nintendo consoles starting with the NES, I don't recoginize the Nintendo fanbase much these days.

Where are the Nintendo fans that would buy things like Star Fox and F-Zero and Wave Race and NBA Courtside and Ken Griffey Jr.

Today I see a Wii U userbase of 5+ million active owners, yet putrid attach rates for things like DKC, Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101 and I just shake my head.

Stop crying about not having Mario Kart and try playing something else for f*ck's sake. And I say that as a fan of the Mario Kart series. 

Third parties don't hold any blame here, Nintendo made an XBox 360, without any userbase behind it at a time when most third parties are transitioning to the next-generation. The best they could hope for was ports to begin with because the hardware has no vision behind it.

If Nintendo can barely sell things like DKC and Pikmin ... in that environment a third party has no chance. 

bold: dude, just stop.

Zero999 said:
Wright said:
Zero999 said:

what about when the sony/MS fanbase don't purchase third parties? what about when third party's sabotage their own games?

Look at Bayonetta. Sony/MS owners didn't purchase it enough, so the sequel went to Nintendo. That's exactly what happens when the Nintendo fanbase don't purchase third-party games, they stop getting them!

GamechaserBE said:
Not true I bought a Wii U for my sister because she is into 'Rabbids' and love to play on her Ipad so we thought that Wii U would be a great decision.

But their are really not that many Nintendo games, must be kind of boring? Play a game and wait another 3-5 months for the next Nintendo game and hope you like that game?

New costumers can also look at the games allready out :)  so when MK and Bawl is out.. allmost ten N games so fare.. and there is also some 3. party.. raymand, sonic, monsterhunter.. and orther like batman, watchdogs (soon) Cod and so.. That is more than 20 games all ready.. (much more than the attach ratio of all the consoles the entire last gen)