By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Trasharmdsister12: Final Words

Anyways.... Tads12 leaving means that RolStoppable now has a chance to become a moderator! Yes!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
NintendoPie said:
Mr Khan said:

"set number" would imply that someone higher up the chain than axumblade or torillian gives a damn about what goes on here <_>.

Mods are just normal posters too, though, and leave the site for perfectly normal reasons.

It's true that ioi doesn't care about us VGC heathens anymore, but wasn't Axum given all Mod-related issues to handle? Including how many Mods are given Modtastic powers.

he said recently enough that while some of the number analyst talking here was pretty much bollocks based on numbers which people were taking as 100% accurate he did say it was generating loads of lovely hits for all the adverts on the site :D I'm sure he cares that this place is run in a manner which gets a lot of visiters each day and that is exactly the way the forum is right now.

But yeah @Mr Khan I know that the mod team here are just people who want what's best for the site and are heavy handed with the bans/rules rather than ever leave it get so bad as to be unmoderatable. I mean imagine if our mod team here went to clean up somewhere like N4g right now? there wouldn't be a single member of that place not banned for the next 30 days... most of the "article" writers would even get yer wrath lol.

I was actually reading a thread on N4G earlier today, having never visited the site before, and was genuinely shocked by how terrible the community there is. They openly attack each other personally in threads.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

wow, i thought trolling and such was really at low levels as of late, its not really bad by any means

who will get his squirtle?

Sad days and a huge loss for the mod team.

Around the Network
radishhead said:
ganoncrotch said:
NintendoPie said:
Mr Khan said:

"set number" would imply that someone higher up the chain than axumblade or torillian gives a damn about what goes on here <_>.

Mods are just normal posters too, though, and leave the site for perfectly normal reasons.

It's true that ioi doesn't care about us VGC heathens anymore, but wasn't Axum given all Mod-related issues to handle? Including how many Mods are given Modtastic powers.

he said recently enough that while some of the number analyst talking here was pretty much bollocks based on numbers which people were taking as 100% accurate he did say it was generating loads of lovely hits for all the adverts on the site :D I'm sure he cares that this place is run in a manner which gets a lot of visiters each day and that is exactly the way the forum is right now.

But yeah @Mr Khan I know that the mod team here are just people who want what's best for the site and are heavy handed with the bans/rules rather than ever leave it get so bad as to be unmoderatable. I mean imagine if our mod team here went to clean up somewhere like N4g right now? there wouldn't be a single member of that place not banned for the next 30 days... most of the "article" writers would even get yer wrath lol.

I was actually reading a thread on N4G earlier today, having never visited the site before, and was genuinely shocked by how terrible the community there is. They openly attack each other personally in threads.

Yeah their "moderation" basically comes in a form of Liking and disliking peoples posts, if you get enough likes you get to comment more on individual articles if you happen to comment poorly or go against the hivemind in any way you get disliked to the point where you can only say 1 comment in any article and if someone replies to that comment you cannot continue in the conversation.

That system might work if the community there had half a brain between them but now it has just been abused basically that the people who say the rattyist and nastyist of comments get voted up by trolls who love seeing vile comments made by these guys so they give them even more ammo to spray shite everywhere. It really is the sess pool of gaming forums online imo.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

2 mods down? make me a mod and i'll pick up the slack

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

Were you not on threat of a perma ban recently for messing about with loadsa alts? and you currently have the least safe for work signature on the whole site I think lol.

Just saying I wonder who you would get banning? :D .... me? :(

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
kirby007 said:

Were you not on threat of a perma ban recently for messing about with loadsa alts? and you currently have the least safe for work signature on the whole site I think lol.

With me we would have a mod who is experienced with those kind of issues, honestly would it hurt that much to try? 100% dedication from my side!

I wouldn't even ban people, just lock threads before shit gets out of control. bringing the proactive method instead of being reactive

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
ganoncrotch said:
kirby007 said:

With me we would have a mod who is experienced with those kind of issues, honestly would it hurt that much to try? 100% dedication from my side!

I wouldn't even ban people, just lock threads before shit gets out of control. bringing the proactive method instead of being reactive

Locking every thread that gets heated = less advertising revenue = no site.

You have to allow debate but control the heat with a group of people willing to lay the smackdown if it starts to get too personal or just not related in anyway to the original post/argument at hand.