By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Trasharmdsister12: Final Words

Mr Khan said:

"set number" would imply that someone higher up the chain than axumblade or torillian gives a damn about what goes on here <_>.

Mods are just normal posters too, though, and leave the site for perfectly normal reasons.

I thought it was set between 10-14, fluctuating from time to time.

I cant seem to remember us ever having more than 15 dedicated moderators at one given time, not counting Brett and Torillian.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

"set number" would imply that someone higher up the chain than axumblade or torillian gives a damn about what goes on here <_>.

Mods are just normal posters too, though, and leave the site for perfectly normal reasons.

It's true that ioi doesn't care about us VGC heathens anymore, but wasn't Axum given all Mod-related issues to handle? Including how many Mods are given Modtastic powers.

NintendoPie said:
Mr Khan said:

It's true that ioi doesn't care about us VGC heathens anymore, but wasn't Axum given all Mod-related issues to handle? Including how many Mods are given Modtastic powers.

That still means that we're more or less a self-governing group.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

NintendoPie said:
Mr Khan said:

he said recently enough that while some of the number analyst talking here was pretty much bollocks based on numbers which people were taking as 100% accurate he did say it was generating loads of lovely hits for all the adverts on the site :D I'm sure he cares that this place is run in a manner which gets a lot of visiters each day and that is exactly the way the forum is right now.

But yeah @Mr Khan I know that the mod team here are just people who want what's best for the site and are heavy handed with the bans/rules rather than ever leave it get so bad as to be unmoderatable. I mean imagine if our mod team here went to clean up somewhere like N4g right now? there wouldn't be a single member of that place not banned for the next 30 days... most of the "article" writers would even get yer wrath lol.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I like the idea of a safe haven, but I'm not sure if this forum could ever be such a thing. I come here to talk games with people who share my hobby, but often I leave the site worse for wear. There are great members here and great discussions to be had, but there is also a lot of behavior that makes me embarrassed to be a video game fan.

And you can say "that's the internet," or "that's the way it's always been," but that doesn't mean we can't strive to be better. I believe in this community, and I believe in its members. I really think we can get better if we hold ourselves and each other accountable for our words, which, as tads12 wrote, carry a lot of weight.

Maybe then great members like tads12 and amp316 would still be here, and we'd be better for it.

Honestly:

I have my account since April 2013, and lurked around even before then and by now I know enough of the people around here to see if it is worth discussing with them or if they live in  fanboy-ville.

It is said to see the same old poeple shitting on the same old things every time they see a new opportunitiy.

Granted, I´m not perfect either, but it is just so much more entertaining to go in the positive threads and just share impressions about things you like (the Vita thread is so much more enjoyable because it doesn´t attract some of the worst members on this very forum....compared to the Nintendo threads)

....in contrast to just piling on company XYZ because of reasons.

Around the Network
orniletter said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I like the idea of a safe haven, but I'm not sure if this forum could ever be such a thing. I come here to talk games with people who share my hobby, but often I leave the site worse for wear. There are great members here and great discussions to be had, but there is also a lot of behavior that makes me embarrassed to be a video game fan.

And you can say "that's the internet," or "that's the way it's always been," but that doesn't mean we can't strive to be better. I believe in this community, and I believe in its members. I really think we can get better if we hold ourselves and each other accountable for our words, which, as tads12 wrote, carry a lot of weight.

Maybe then great members like tads12 and amp316 would still be here, and we'd be better for it.

Honestly:

I have my account since April 2013, and lurked around even before then and by now I know enough of the people around here to see if it is worth discussing with them or if they live in  fanboy-ville.

It is said to see the same old poeple shitting on the same old things every time they see a new opportunitiy.

Granted, I´m not perfect either, but it is just so much more entertaining to go in the positive threads and just share impressions about things you like (the Vita thread is so much more enjoyable because it doesn´t attract some of the worst members on this very forum....compared to the Nintendo threads)

@literally reads like an invitation to go there and mention every vita game as not running in 1080p resolution :D

But yeah in all seriousness tho I agree with you that while there isn't a block filter on here it doesn't take too long to recognise who are the members who's thoughts and feelings should really be taken with a pinch of salt. Those who when you move your mouse down to Quote or reply you just make that one little extra movement to the right so you at least don't have to read the trash for 3 days if you happen to be enjoying the thread at hand :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Mr Khan said:
NintendoPie said:
Mr Khan said:

That still means that we're more or less a self-governing group.

Isn't that accurate, though? I was under the impression that Axumblade, and by extension the rest of the mods, were in control of everything on that side of things. That includes number of mods, who becomes a mod, who gets banned etc. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

ganoncrotch said:
orniletter said:

Honestly:

@literally reads like an invitation to go there and mention every vita game as not running in 1080p resolution :D

But yeah in all seriousness tho I agree with you that while there isn't a block filter on here it doesn't take too long to recognise who are the members who's thoughts and feelings should really be taken with a pinch of salt. Those who when you move your mouse down to Quote or reply you just make that one little extra movement to the right so you at least don't have to read the trash for 3 days if you happen to be enjoying the thread at hand :D

Absolutely !

I mean, there are extreme fans in every category, but goddamit, there is valid criticism....and then there is butthurt-gibberish.

orniletter said:
ganoncrotch said:
orniletter said:

Honestly:

Absolutely !

I mean, there are extreme fans in every category, but goddamit, there is valid criticism....and then there is butthurt-gibberish.

I'm afraid the point you made wasn't running at 60fps so I couldn't read it....

I know what you mean tho 100% mate.

Conegamer said:

Isn't that accurate, though? I was under the impression that Axumblade, and by extension the rest of the mods, were in control of everything on that side of things. That includes number of mods, who becomes a mod, who gets banned etc. 

The mod team is in full control of the moderation side of things, they just lack the tools to modify (gerrit?!) the rules page.

As an assumption - The number of mods is determined by axumblade and kantor, with input from the mod team. With who becomes a mod, one would assume its a group decision. With who gets banned, the mods are again in full control.