By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Trasharmdsister12: Final Words

Pjams said:
Gilgamesh said:

VG Chartz has been an unbearable mess for years.

I've been around this site for 4-5 years now and its no worse or better than its been. I can say the same for the majority of other gaming site; the annonymous internet in general. There are a few sites that seem able to stand above this, I'm sure you all have your own favorites as well. And while I respect the sentiment given here, the perceivd internet hate and love does not exist, its imagined. Words on a page. Lets be friends, stranger. Lets be enemies, stranger. It is the depth of stupidity to think we know each other. Internet is fantasy.

Simple critical thinking and a basic education. It's ok to listen and learn, know when to shut the fuck up, and when to speak loudly.

Guess what I've been around much longer then you and I have been active for a long time. I know exactly what I'm talking about and how it's been a mess. There is very little communication with the main creators of the website, everything is ignored. We use to have a lot of great features but everything was removed. The site has been stripped and the pieces they took were made to make other websites.

This plan has been in action for a few years now and I believe it's ruining VG Chartz. This place use to be a great site to chat, get some of the quickest gaming news of any site, post forums, play games, look at game sales with tons of great data and graphs, it was just very rewarding to be on this site, the threads you could make were incredible with the tools and information we had. But he already tried this and made VG Chartz into 5 different main sites and that failed, so it hes doing it again but with a different name so people won't know it's associated with VG Chartz right away.

The only reason I keep coming back is because I'm obessed with sales numbers and VG Chartz does the best job at satisfying me with there guesstimates. So if there's anyone around here that understands when to shut the fuck up about this subject it's me, if someone doesn't say anything who will, fix the site.

Around the Network

I understand that the guy was a good mod and probably a swell chap, but he could also have just ignored ethomaz and kept it nonemotional. People are going to get to you especially as a mod, so if you're going to be serving as one, then you should have skin thick enough to deal with some of the more vocal people here.

Gilgamesh said:
Pjams said:
Gilgamesh said:

VG Chartz has been an unbearable mess for years.

I've been around this site for 4-5 years now and its no worse or better than its been. I can say the same for the majority of other gaming site; the annonymous internet in general. There are a few sites that seem able to stand above this, I'm sure you all have your own favorites as well. And while I respect the sentiment given here, the perceivd internet hate and love does not exist, its imagined. Words on a page. Lets be friends, stranger. Lets be enemies, stranger. It is the depth of stupidity to think we know each other. Internet is fantasy.

Simple critical thinking and a basic education. It's ok to listen and learn, know when to shut the fuck up, and when to speak loudly.

Guess what I've been around much longer then you and I have been active for a long time. I know exactly what I'm talking about and how it's been a mess. There is very little communication with the main creators of the website, everything is ignored. We use to have a lot of great features but everything was removed. The site has been stripped and the pieces they took were made to make other websites.

This plan has been in action for a few years now and I believe it's ruining VG Chartz. This place use to be a great site to chat, get some of the quickest gaming news of any site, post forums, play games, look at game sales with tons of great data and graphs, it was just very rewarding to be on this site, the threads you could make were incredible with the tools and information we had. But he already tried this and made VG Chartz into 5 different main sites and that failed, so it hes doing it again but with a different name so people won't know it's associated with VG Chartz right away.

The only reason I keep coming back is because I'm obessed with sales numbers and VG Chartz does the best job at satisfying me with there guesstimates. So if there's anyone around here that understands when to shut the fuck up about this subject it's me, if someone doesn't say anything who will, fix the site.

I agree. What you bring up is far more valid than my generalizations.