By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Trasharmdsister12: Final Words

So now he's left for good? A shame to see yet another high-quality user and moderator go, however, what he says is pretty much true. People say it's the same, but definitely the tone and aggression in a lot of posters nowadays has stepped up. It's a bit disheartening to see some people so quick to get to negative news on a company almost to start an argument, and that seems to be happening more and more (IMO anyway).

Still, it is sad to see another talented moderator, and great user, go. All the best Tads!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Soriku said:

I agree. This is why you see many general game threads not getting too many replies, but then game/consoles threads that focus on sales, exclusivity, or graphics get hundreds.

I actually think that the sales threads on these forums don't get enough replies given that it's the focus of this site, unless it's a sensationalist thread designed to get hits.

OT: I love you, Trash!

Kresnik said:
Soriku said:

I agree. This is why you see many general game threads not getting too many replies, but then game/consoles threads that focus on sales, exclusivity, or graphics get hundreds.

I actually think that the sales threads on these forums don't get enough replies given that it's the focus of this site, unless it's a sensationalist thread designed to get hits.

~ Mod edit ~

This user was moderated by Mummelmann for this post.

Wait, what?

Soriku said:
Slimebeast said:

The majority of members have never discussed gaming in depth on this site. It's always been a fanboy battlefield in the console sales wars. For better or worse and I'm saying I personally like this but you have to deal with it. It's the nature of a site that is based on sales numbers.

I can honestly see no significant change between the past and now. The current moderator team is excellent though, actually better balanced, more professional and more fair than our community deserves, and has been so for at least two years now. The members are the same, some old ones leave but are replaced by new people.

I don't peek into those type of threads too much (stopped caring a long long time ago and I only just see stuff in passing), or take anything too seriously, but I wonder how many of the same people that are still arguing over that shit on PS4 and Xbox One were around in the early days of the PS3 and 360, and still haven't tired.

Yeah.

A typo in my post, I wanted to say "I personally do not like this..."

Seece said:
Doesn't this guy leave all the time? Sorry but it just stinks of attention seeking ...

Yup. This is the second time that I read about it in close succession.

As for my thoughts - can't take the heat - get out of the oven. This is a console sales tracking-based website, fanboys and fanboy wars are hard-coded into it. The mod team deals with it well 95% of the time, and the site is miles more interesting than it was in late 2011 up until June 2013 (back then, I started lowering activity and altogher quit because the discussion got so repetetive and boring.)

Competition and fanboy wars are in huge part the nutrition of any gaming website, when they die off, everything dies off. We are lucky to have both the wars and a decent enough community thanks to moderation.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Kresnik said:
Soriku said:

~ Mod edit ~

This user was moderated by Mummelmann for this post.

Wait, what?

Guess you have mod powers now ...

I feel kinda shitty that Amp and Trash both pretty much left because they became mods. The stress of it isn't worth them leaving :-/

MontanaHatchet said:
I feel kinda shitty that Amp and Trash both pretty much left because they became mods. The stress of it isn't worth them leaving :-/

Still gotta work on getting Amp back here. Some sort of targeted harrassment campaign through Miiverse

We've got an open spot now, though. We could use your particular brand.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Still gotta work on getting Amp back here. Some sort of targeted harrassment campaign through Miiverse

Do you mean an open spot for moderation on here or an open spot to harrass Amp to come back lol? Always kinda wondered if there was a set amount of mods for the forums since seeing a couple either quit the site altogether or else become very inactive but keep the title of moderator. Saying that I know a lot of stuff goes on in the background of the site so I'm not saying that someone who doesn't post is a mod who isn't working his ass off for free to keep this place from turning Vile.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
Mr Khan said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Do you mean an open spot for moderation on here or an open spot to harrass Amp to come back lol? Always kinda wondered if there was a set amount of mods for the forums since seeing a couple either quit the site altogether or else become very inactive but keep the title of moderator. Saying that I know a lot of stuff goes on in the background of the site so I'm not saying that someone who doesn't post is a mod who isn't working his ass off for free to keep this place from turning Vile.

"set number" would imply that someone higher up the chain than axumblade or torillian gives a damn about what goes on here <_>.

Mods are just normal posters too, though, and leave the site for perfectly normal reasons.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.