By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - It was a nice run 3DS, but PS4 launches in Japan in two days

The PS4 will not stay ahead of 3DS much this year *in Japan. Quite a barren lineup. 

Around the Network

Both systems will have their times. The 3DS is receiving some notable games in 2014 (Kirby, Smash Bros, Monster Hunter 4U, etc.), and a price cut or redesign is more likely for the 3DS than for the PS4 at this point.

Love and tolerate.

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:
spemanig said:
tbone51 said:
spemanig said:
This needs to be said: Where the hell are major the 2014 3DS games!? People complain about a Wii U drought, but I'm seeing a 3DS one, too.

there is no drought, i think 2013 has messed up your judgement due to its deliver of games

No. It raised my expectations, and what we're getting falls below even my previous expectations. The most exciting game we know we're getting this year is Professor Layton. That's a problem.

this is wat i mean, 3ds 2013 was an amazing year(meaning for 1 hardware library) so now fans expect every year like it. This Year is looking like a 2012 so far. Not better, not worse. The thing is we only have the first half of the year announcments, we dont kno the second half with the exception of ssb.

Edit: 2012 HAD THESE GAMES, THE OTHERS WERE 2011, I DID IT FOR YOU

2012 was way better. Resident Evil: Revelations, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Super Mario Bros. 2

You totally failed

2011 Titles

Super Mario 3D Land

Ocarina of Time 3D

Mario Kart 7

Star Fox 64

Street Fighter IV 3D

2013 has Kirby + Yoshi Island + Bravely Default + SSB + Many unnannounced games.

Im sorry but its wayyyyy toooooo early to say 2012 library > 2014. Patience my friend :)

He's talking globally and he's right about that, even if the PS4 only averages a mediocre 10-12k a week in Japan after the launch honeymoon wears off, that's enough to put them over the top globally.

But really I think VGC overtracks the heck outta the 3DS anyway. They had 3DS at well over 160k for January I think ... NPD actuals were like 97k.

Altruino said:
Busted said:
I'm gonna bookmark this and come back here to post every time the 3DS ends at the top of the global charts, it doesn't matter if is next month or in 4 years, i'll do it. Every single time.

Implying OP will step out of his/her/it's own little world to acknowledge they were wrong. I'd love to see that happen, though. =)

It's high time such users got called out for their proclamations. Shame they won't change when proven wrong, but such is the finnicky side of human nature, so nothing new...

Why aren't you on zero999, John Lucas, POE and some other users' backs then? If we're talking about being called out on proclamations and people who don't change when proven wrong, I mean. Where were you when the UNITY thread was thriving?

Around the Network
Busted said:
I'm gonna bookmark this and come back here to post every time the 3DS ends at the top of the global charts, it doesn't matter if is next month or in 4 years, i'll do it. Every single time.

Little did he know,... This was his last post on this thread.

Salnax said:
Both systems will have their times. The 3DS is receiving some notable games in 2014 (Kirby, Smash Bros, Monster Hunter 4U, etc.), and a price cut or redesign is more likely for the 3DS than for the PS4 at this point.

PS4 is beating it by a considerable amount even without Japan. This last week 3DS won by a thousand but every sign points 3DS being over tracked and PS4 slightly under tracked. We'll have to wait to know for sure, but the PS4 seems to be 30k weekly ahead sans Japan. It's also still having supply issues.

I don't doubt the 3DS will have some great weeks and beat the PS4, but I do doubt it'll win week on week on week at any point.

Prediction lol. PS4 will beat 3DS ww every month in 2014, 2015, and 2016.

Salnax said:

Where are the notable games? the 3DS 2014 lineup is mediocre at best, Plus the 3DS is on a rapid decline in every territory, in fact it's over 50% down YOY in japan.

And do you actually think those games will counter the PS4's momentum? hell. Destiny on PS4 alone will outsell kirby, smash bros and monster hunter4U

JoeTheBro said:

Prediction lol. PS4 will beat 3DS ww every month in 2014, 2015, and 2016.

Want to make that a bet?

Love and tolerate.

Justagamer said:

I completely agree with everything you said, but the ps4 should sell just enough there to put it on top in world wide sales. But I too do not beleive the ps4 will alter console sales in Japan, they're just not that interested in them anymore.

This is very true. It's practically stomping everything without the region so just 10k a week there would just about guarantee #1 position unless something really spikes the 3DS.