By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - It was a nice run 3DS, but PS4 launches in Japan in two days

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:
spemanig said:
This needs to be said: Where the hell are major the 2014 3DS games!? People complain about a Wii U drought, but I'm seeing a 3DS one, too.

there is no drought, i think 2013 has messed up your judgement due to its deliver of games

No. It raised my expectations, and what we're getting falls below even my previous expectations. The most exciting game we know we're getting this year is Professor Layton. That's a problem.

this is wat i mean, 3ds 2013 was an amazing year(meaning for 1 hardware library) so now fans expect every year like it. This Year is looking like a 2012 so far. Not better, not worse. The thing is we only have the first half of the year announcments, we dont kno the second half with the exception of ssb.

Around the Network
Busted said:
I'm gonna bookmark this and come back here to post every time the 3DS ends at the top of the global charts, it doesn't matter if is next month or in 4 years, i'll do it. Every single time.

Implying OP will step out of his/her/it's own little world to acknowledge they were wrong. I'd love to see that happen, though. =)

It's high time such users got called out for their proclamations. Shame they won't change when proven wrong, but such is the finnicky side of human nature, so nothing new...

BeElite said:

Pff please last gen ports and a launch title you call biggest, no GT no Ucharted no GOW no GTA no nothing all the best no where to be seen.

Japan is getting similar quality launch titles, the few JDm only games basically being the KZ AC for that market.

Comparing the GC to PS4 really does no work on any plain.  PS4 is selling great EVERYwhere. 

Uncharted wont be in for 2014 but knowing ND it should be there in 2015.  It's been a while since U3 and ND are very competent developers. We've also heard to expect GT shortly.  

PS360 actually got the ports this time around. Sorry to tell you. PS4 X1 got the primary versions of those games.  We've heard R* tweet about the possiblilty of GTA on next gen consoles already.  

You said it needs to be cheap with no gimmicks.  I named a home console that fit the criteria.   

Busted said:
I'm gonna bookmark this and come back here to post every time the 3DS ends at the top of the global charts, it doesn't matter if is next month or in 4 years, i'll do it. Every single time.

That folks, right there, is dedication!

Not to downplay 3DS sales, but...why are we comparing a handheld to a home gaming console? Vita to 3DS, I'm there. PS4 to 3DS, Vita to GameCube, Gameboy Color to Sega Saturn...I just don't understand. Unless of course, you just want to "WIN", which even then...compared to a handheld...I don't know what the PS4 "WINS"...

Around the Network
Busted said:

Masterplan!!! 

*bookmarked as well* ;)

ps4 will win for the next several weeks in japan, then when the 2ds launches and 3ds price cut comes this year in japan. The 3ds will regain the leading role for the rest of the year.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Busted said:

How many posts do you expect that'll be?

700k is what I expect

mM
spemanig said:
This needs to be said: Where the hell are major the 2014 3DS games!? People complain about a Wii U drought, but I'm seeing a 3DS one, too.

Feb-Bravely Default, Professor Layton

Mar-Yoshi's New Island

Apr-Disney Magical Castle

May-Mario Golf, Kirby

Thats not a drought, 6 exclusives in a span of 4 months. None of them are huge hardware pushers but thats a different thing entirely.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.