By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [UPDATE] GAMEPLAY....Next Gen is here THE ORDER 1886

I really want to see devs use the extra power to push new types of gameplay. I miss the days when Nintendo did this (SM64, Metroid Prime etc). It seems Sony is the one with the system powerful enough to achieve it now, so hopefully this game is more than just another Gears type TPS with awesome graphics.

Around the Network

It doesnt have to be inovative, its impossible for every game to be inovative. Skyrim has 0 inovation and got 700 GoTy awards. You can argue that Uncharted never realy inovated much either. Doing the gameplay well even if its not new and them delivering top notch graphics and great story is what theyre aiming for, and thats a perfectly fine goal to aim for.

"Essentially, innovation is placed at a higher echelon than quality, and that's something I feel is far more reckless than not innovating at all."
~ Jim Sterling

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

and again, wait for a long gameplay reveal like had TLOU before making meaningless statement ,  judge the gameplay whereas you saw almost nothing of the game is perfectly silly

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
TheShape31 said:
All the QTEs have made me lose interest entirely.

How one Qte becomes " all the Qtes " ?
You didnt like The Last Of Us ? Or Heavy Rain ?

One in the video, but there will be many in the game.  Just my preference, and no I'm not into those games or God of War, etc.

DakonBlackblade said:

also if the cutscene had no button prompt would you find it better ? Whats the problem with ppl and QTEs, they do make cutscenes interactive.

I say do away with them entirely.  There are more creative ways to accomplish the 'cinematic experience' they set out to achieve.  Real-time play doesn't have to be broken up, and the player doesn't need to be forced to watch an unnecessary cut-scene.  The QTEs are thrust into it, and it's those types of uncreative and jarring 'gameplay' elements that take me entirely out of the experience. 

Around the Network
Chevinator123 said:

Looks fantastic, Amazing and Truly Next gen

TheShape31 said:
Aerys said:
TheShape31 said:
All the QTEs have made me lose interest entirely.

How one Qte becomes " all the Qtes " ?
You didnt like The Last Of Us ? Or Heavy Rain ?

One in the video, but there will be many in the game.  Just my preference, and no I'm not into those games or God of War, etc.

DakonBlackblade said:

also if the cutscene had no button prompt would you find it better ? Whats the problem with ppl and QTEs, they do make cutscenes interactive.

I say do away with them entirely.  There are more creative ways to accomplish the 'cinematic experience' they set out to achieve.  Real-time play doesn't have to be broken up, and the player doesn't need to be forced to watch an unnecessary cut-scene.  The QTEs are thrust into it, and it's those types of uncreative and jarring 'gameplay' elements that take me entirely out of the experience. 

But how do you know that there will be many in the game from just that one? And when you say more creative ways like how for example? I am jsut curious that's why i am asking.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

DakonBlackblade said:
It doesnt have to be inovative, its impossible for every game to be inovative. Skyrim has 0 inovation and got 700 GoTy awards. You can argue that Uncharted never realy inovated much either. Doing the gameplay well even if its not new and them delivering top notch graphics and great story is what theyre aiming for, and thats a perfectly fine goal to aim for.

Thank you....these peopl are killing me with the it's not innovative...that argument is getting old. Most of the games for the past 5-1o years have not been "innovative" what is wrong with making a game that looks VERY GOOD and plays VERY well. It can be like other games but if the execution of the game play is better or more polished than others then what's the issue?

As long as the game is interesting, with a good story and smooth fluid gameplay then I am all for it. What makes it even worse is that people praise others games(of their choice of course) that do NOTHING new then complain about ones(that are not of their choice).Give credit where credit is due...for instance not trying to throw it out there but Titanfall does NOTHING that has not been done before but it gets crazy praise. Why because it is fun and the gameplay is solid.  People have really seen NOTHING of the gameplay in The Order and are already complaining about cut scences and too many QTEs. That is just silly to me smh.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

foodfather said:
DialgaMarine said:
foodfather said:

Not too impressed.

Graphics are sort of on par with Beyond Two Souls. Judging by the gameplay, it looks very linear.

And The brown colour plate is so 2008. Flat textures, B rate developer, weird aspect ratio, I dont think this will be anything to write home about.

God, I'd hate to see how negatively you reacted when you saw Gears 3 in action for the first time...

If you must know, Gears of War 3 absolutely blew me away. New environments, new enemies, new locations. Best 3rd person shooter last gen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG2lof9pWL8

OT, Looks like IGN took their Sony specs off while watching the game. Guess next gen isn't here after all. 

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/the-order-1886as-mixed-signals

Yes we get the impression that MS titles blow you away but the Sony ones are just decidedly average at best!

Maybe you need to take off your MS specs off when watching other companies titles???

foodfather said:
Aerys said:
Next gen is here , finally ! http://www.computerandvideogames.com/449971/previews/next-gen-spectacular-how-the-order-1886-is-defining-the-future/

How The Order 1886 is defining the future

Nonesense article. What the point in praising ''next gen'' animations, cutscenes and QTE's as revolutionary, when the core gameplay is dull. 

Absolutely Right because you've played the game extensively on your X1 to make that judgement haven't you???

Ryse is a dull game and the review scores proved it!