By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [UPDATE] GAMEPLAY....Next Gen is here THE ORDER 1886

Exactly why I don't think much of IGN or any other site/blog.

IGN says of The Order, it's not nothing we haven't already seen in other games. But Titan Fall... lol

Can we all just admit as of right now that no game coming on either platform is bringing anything 100% new and never before seen?

Of course I wouldn't judge The Order based on 10 seconds of gameplay. But why would anyone actually be hyped for a game they haven't seen anything of? And how can hype that should have never been be gone after 10 seconds of gameplay?

Wise up people imo

Around the Network

It's on my radar now, but I'd like to see much more. I'd say we will get more at e3.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

they already have my money!! can get more if they do a collector's edition!!!

It seems i wasn't the only disgusted with the reaction of Colin Moriarty from IGN in his article about the game...

The previews of The Order: 1886 released today were almost all very enthusiastic. One of the few that expressed quite a bit of criticism was surprisingly IGN.

Afterwards, Ready at Dawn’s Co-founder Andrea Pessino responded with a smile:

it’s all good – hopefully he will see his concerns addressed before long : )

The build had a few glitches from a last sec audio problem (which of course did not happen in our tests)

it runs pretty damn sweet for this stage of development : )

Personally, I find pretty obvious that an early demo build of a game that’s at least six months from release will have some glitches and nags here and there. It comes with the territory, and I’m quite surprised that someone actually felt it was a problem.

The day in which I’ll see an early build of a game that’s free of any issue six months before launch, I’ll invite you all to the pub, beers on me. This is to say that it’ll never happen.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/18/the-order-1886-ready-at-dawn-responds-to-igns-criticism/

Gameplay just ain't there. Interactive movie. But it is so far above anything else graphically. True next gen. Sadly, since it seems it's the gameplay limited, linear and cinematic games who seem to get the best graphics and attention.

Around the Network

the hypocrisy in this thread is astounding. users blown away by X or Bayo 2 find the graphics nothing special. users who praise games using 2d crowds as graphics king, keep pointing out small details here and there that makes the graphics look very poor. People concluding the gameplay is dull and generic after seeing only 10 seconds footage. Wow Vgchartz.

imo. Since cutscenes are the same with in game graphics as reported by several sources, i find it looking technically better than any console game ever released. Although we still need to see more gameplay. 10 seconds is not enough to conclude about it being dull or amazing. however in terms of graphics, setting and to an extent story, we can expect this elements to be amazing already based on what we know.

Now we wait for the most important, gameplay. Which i think would measure up nicely.
with all these elements working together in harmony. gameplay wouldn't have to reinvent the genre for the game to be astounding.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

trixiemafia86 said:
the hypocrisy in this thread is astounding. users blown away by X or Bayo 2 find the graphics nothing special. users who praise games using 2d crowds as graphics king, keep pointing out small details here and there that makes the graphics look very poor. People concluding the gameplay is dull and generic after seeing only 10 seconds footage. Wow Vgchartz.

imo. Since cutscenes are the same with in game graphics as reported by several sources, i find it looking technically better than any console game ever released. Although we still need to see more gameplay. 10 seconds is not enough to conclude about it being dull or amazing. however in terms of graphics, setting and to an extent story, we can expect this elements to be amazing already based on what we know.

Now we wait for the most important, gameplay. Which i think would measure up nicely.
with all these elements working together in harmony. gameplay wouldn't have to reinvent the genre for the game to be astounding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5J_uZrwEL8

There's about more than a minute of gameplay in the gameplay reveal. 

colafitte said:

It seems i wasn't the only disgusted with the reaction of Colin Moriarty from IGN in his article about the game...

The previews of The Order: 1886 released today were almost all very enthusiastic. One of the few that expressed quite a bit of criticism was surprisingly IGN.

The build had a few glitches from a last sec audio problem (which of course did not happen in our tests)

Personally, I find pretty obvious that an early demo build of a game that’s at least six months from release will have some glitches and nags here and there. It comes with the territory, and I’m quite surprised that someone actually felt it was a problem.

The day in which I’ll see an early build of a game that’s free of any issue six months before launch, I’ll invite you all to the pub, beers on me. This is to say that it’ll never happen.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/18/the-order-1886-ready-at-dawn-responds-to-igns-criticism/

Why would you be disgusted? He had some valid arguments. Tell me, if this game wasn't Sony exlcusive and rather an EA multiplat, would you still defend it? Colin had some concerning things to say about it, including the glitches and bugs, but his main problem is that the game looks like your standard 3rd-person-cover-based-shooter with nothing special about.

I'm... I' don't know.

Honestly I'm not seeing where this game graphically looks better than say The Last of Us. Diminishing returns I guess. That obviously doesn't mean I don't think the game looks good though, but let's just say it's getting harder to impress me when something in the past was already 'good enough'. This game does seem fairly impressive in the model/animation department.

On another note I'm not sure I agree with the way the story seems to go. Why does it have to be about futuristic things and stuff with weapons that could fit in Killzone? Hadn't seen the reveal back at E3 so I was going off of the handful of screenshots, kind of disappointed to see it's actual heading in this area. It all seems unnecessary. I think it would have been way more interesting if this was more 'Sherlock Holmes-style realistic (though not like the recent movies of course)' and actually used the historic 1886 setting appropriately. Would've been more original and probably more interesting. But I digress, it could still turn out to be worthwhile and the locations look promising.

Anyway, moving on from that little rant, most important is the gameplay. It mostly seems to fall within my primary tastes, yet it maybe could be a little more 'adventurous'. Still I'm not going to judge it by this small piece of footage, maybe there's more.

So all-in-all my interest in the game remains at the same level.

Walter_Kovacs1986 said:
colafitte said:

Why would you be disgusted? He had some valid arguments. Tell me, if this game wasn't Sony exlcusive and rather an EA multiplat, would you still defend it? Colin had some concerning things to say about it, including the glitches and bugs, but his main problem is that the game looks like your standard 3rd-person-cover-based-shooter with nothing special about.

" I saw 15s and the game looks like standard TPS " is not a valid argument , it's just completely silly.
There was a lot of silly comment like this before The Last Of Us reviews.

Just like judging a game on glitches and bugs as a problem whereas it's an alpha version -_-

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m