By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [UPDATE] GAMEPLAY....Next Gen is here THE ORDER 1886

Aerys said:
walsufnir said:
Ashadian said:
Walter_Kovacs1986 said:

I do agree that hacking, shooting, crouching, grappling, walking, running, breathing, characters moving, 3D models, different color pixels, and button-pressing-interaction had been done before in gaming, but the way those games I mentioned were able to pull it off is why they're were highly acclaimed by gamers everywhere. The Order just seems to do the basic things

Yes you gained all that from a trailer and 30 seconds of gameplay??? We haven't seen enough to make those judgement calls yet!

Interestingly enough I see a lot of people judging the game to look good and play good. Funny how it works on both sides but one side is ignored by personal favs, isn't it?

You can easily say the game looks astonishing based on these videos, and when you know it's just an alpha build !

But you cant judge the gameplay on 15s of gameplay with silly statements like " it seems generic", you could say that if the entire level is based on corridor shooting, but did you see the entire level ? If you make such statements, you're just like people who called The Last Of Us " uncharted with infected"

As I said in the thread noone can say *anything* about the gameplay, yet many did. Negative and positive.

Example: "Same here. It was hard to get hyped with just cinematics, but now, after seeing some actual gameplay, I'm very interested."

- Wat?

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Aerys said:
walsufnir said:
Ashadian said:
Walter_Kovacs1986 said:

I do agree that hacking, shooting, crouching, grappling, walking, running, breathing, characters moving, 3D models, different color pixels, and button-pressing-interaction had been done before in gaming, but the way those games I mentioned were able to pull it off is why they're were highly acclaimed by gamers everywhere. The Order just seems to do the basic things

Yes you gained all that from a trailer and 30 seconds of gameplay??? We haven't seen enough to make those judgement calls yet!

Interestingly enough I see a lot of people judging the game to look good and play good. Funny how it works on both sides but one side is ignored by personal favs, isn't it?

You can easily say the game looks astonishing based on these videos, and when you know it's just an alpha build !

But you cant judge the gameplay on 15s of gameplay with silly statements like " it seems generic", you could say that if the entire level is based on corridor shooting, but did you see the entire level ? If you make such statements, you're just like people who called The Last Of Us " uncharted with infected"

As I said in the thread noone can say *anything* about the gameplay, yet many did. Negative and positive.

and both are jumping on conclusions.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Hopefully this game is the whole package, the trailer had me excited about the back story as well! 

Now I want to see some destruction!

And I wonder what people find "generic" about it, how many games do we have that are set in this environment (late victorian London, with parallel universe elements...) 

This and Uncharted 4 + a proper God of War follow up are why I got a PS4 (well the Tomb Raider remake ended up being a surprise reason too...) 

TheBlackNaruto said:
TheShape31 said:
Aerys said:
TheShape31 said:
All the QTEs have made me lose interest entirely.

How one Qte becomes " all the Qtes " ?
You didnt like The Last Of Us ? Or Heavy Rain ?

One in the video, but there will be many in the game.  Just my preference, and no I'm not into those games or God of War, etc.

DakonBlackblade said:

also if the cutscene had no button prompt would you find it better ? Whats the problem with ppl and QTEs, they do make cutscenes interactive.

I say do away with them entirely.  There are more creative ways to accomplish the 'cinematic experience' they set out to achieve.  Real-time play doesn't have to be broken up, and the player doesn't need to be forced to watch an unnecessary cut-scene.  The QTEs are thrust into it, and it's those types of uncreative and jarring 'gameplay' elements that take me entirely out of the experience. 

But how do you know that there will be many in the game from just that one? And when you say more creative ways like how for example? I am jsut curious that's why i am asking.

I apologize for not having a link, but the developers said that QTEs were their chosen way to make certain gameplay 'transitions'.  And it's obvious that a QTE is a normal element based on the demo.  I'd rather not see the gameplay broken up or 'transitioned' at all.  Keeping the same 3rd person perspective throughout can still be 'cinematic'.  I really don't see why so many games have copied God of War and Uncharted in this way.  Any new way is preferable, in my opinion.  Like I said, do away with them entirely and just focus on real-time gameplay where you're in control of everything your character does.

TheShape31 said:
All the QTEs have made me lose interest entirely.

All? I saw ONE.

I think quite possibly some people have gone insane. This game looks better than any other game I've ever seen. Now I wait to see the 'VARIETY' of gameplay. I'm sure there's probably more environments, unless it's all set in one street?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Ashadian said:
Walter_Kovacs1986 said:

It looks brilliant! How it plays don't know. Looks next gen. I have never stated how it plays as i wouldn't know but the potential is there for a fantastic game

walsufnir said:
Ashadian said:
It makes me laugh that Titanfall is heralded as something new and innovative(its COD with mechs and jetpacks) yet the Order is being dismissed as dull and average from a poor quality trailer with little gameplay. Others on here say how amazing Ryse is yet its one of the worst gameplay experiences judging by review scores. Maybe those detractors should stop being jealous and trying to put a damper on peoples hopes and expectations??? These people want this and Infamous SS to Fail because they might not be able top play them without buying a PS4. Whereas you can play Titanfall and Project Spark on PC like i have without having to buy a certain system!

Yeah, putting all together, stir a little bit and make a post like this.

Titanfall users say that it's a really, really funny game - it *is* (obviously) a new game but close to noone says it's totally innovative (of course you added cod with mechs...).

The Order, with close to nothing shown, gets comments like "gameplay looks fun" while there is no room for such a statement.

And nobody said here that Ryse plays like a charm, people were arguing it because of its graphics.

And the game you mention "downplay exclusives of the others, praise the exclusives of the fav console" is played on both sides - just open your eyes and read in the threads.

And of course the pc argument at last, who would've thought!?

I'm enjoying the Titanfall Beta. Its a good game so far and me and my son play it together. 

I haven't seen many state the gameplay is fun as they haven't played The Order but it looks promising to me with the cover mechanics like Gears.

PC Arguement? The PC will have the superior version of Titanfall in my opinion

DakonBlackblade said:
Mad55 said:
Ashadian said:
Mad55 said:
one thing though. apparently it runs a bit bad right now according to ign and their worried because it may launch this year. Still its an amazing looking game.

IGN don't know what build they were shown so why should they be worried????

Because it's the build they were given to look at. Their supposed to judge on what they see right. I get that a better version could be shown later though. 

Id say that was IGN click baiting cause no other media outlet complained about it not running smooth, in fact most praised it for runing super smooth, and all of them played the same build. Maybe the IGN editor was expecting some sort of crazy inovative gameplay (even tough Ready at Dawn said 1 million times itd play liek a traditional cover based 3rd person shooter).

I doubt they were baiting. but eh.