By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [UPDATE] GAMEPLAY....Next Gen is here THE ORDER 1886

Aerys said:
Walter_Kovacs1986 said:

Why would you be disgusted? He had some valid arguments. Tell me, if this game wasn't Sony exlcusive and rather an EA multiplat, would you still defend it? Colin had some concerning things to say about it, including the glitches and bugs, but his main problem is that the game looks like your standard 3rd-person-cover-based-shooter with nothing special about.

" I saw 15s and the game looks like standard TPS " is not a valid argument , it's just completely silly.
There was a lot of silly comment like this before The Last Of Us reviews.

Just like judging a game on glitches and bugs as a problem whereas it's an alpha version -_-

ign gave Skyrim PS3, a 9.5 lol. Now one of their staff is complaining about bugs in the [pre] alpha build of a game that still has maybe 7 - 9 months of development. lolzers ;D

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Walter_Kovacs1986 said:
colafitte said:

It seems i wasn't the only disgusted with the reaction of Colin Moriarty from IGN in his article about the game...

The previews of The Order: 1886 released today were almost all very enthusiastic. One of the few that expressed quite a bit of criticism was surprisingly IGN.

Afterwards, Ready at Dawn’s Co-founder Andrea Pessino responded with a smile:

it’s all good – hopefully he will see his concerns addressed before long : )

The build had a few glitches from a last sec audio problem (which of course did not happen in our tests)

it runs pretty damn sweet for this stage of development : )

Personally, I find pretty obvious that an early demo build of a game that’s at least six months from release will have some glitches and nags here and there. It comes with the territory, and I’m quite surprised that someone actually felt it was a problem.

The day in which I’ll see an early build of a game that’s free of any issue six months before launch, I’ll invite you all to the pub, beers on me. This is to say that it’ll never happen.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/18/the-order-1886-ready-at-dawn-responds-to-igns-criticism/

Why would you be disgusted? He had some valid arguments. Tell me, if this game wasn't Sony exlcusive and rather an EA multiplat, would you still defend it? Colin had some concerning things to say about it, including the glitches and bugs, but his main problem is that the game looks like your standard 3rd-person-cover-based-shooter with nothing special about.

" I saw 15s and the game looks like standard TPS " is not a valid argument , it's just completely silly.

Just like judging a game on glitches and bugs as a problem whereas it's an alpha version -_-

First gameplay demos are suppose to showcase the mechanics and leave a good first impression. When TLOU was revealed, they showed Joel and Ellie taking out other people, exploring the area, and having conversations with each other, which is what you do in the game when not shooting clickers. When Bioshock Infinite was shown, they showed the hook mechanic, Elizabeth opening up portals, and her & Booker having conversations, which is what happens in the game. When Watch_Dogs was shown, they showed Aiden hacking stuff and chasing criminals, which is presumably what you will do in the game. What did The Order 1886 showcase?

Walter_Kovacs1986 said:
Aerys said:
Walter_Kovacs1986 said:
colafitte said:

It seems i wasn't the only disgusted with the reaction of Colin Moriarty from IGN in his article about the game...

The previews of The Order: 1886 released today were almost all very enthusiastic. One of the few that expressed quite a bit of criticism was surprisingly IGN.

The build had a few glitches from a last sec audio problem (which of course did not happen in our tests)

Personally, I find pretty obvious that an early demo build of a game that’s at least six months from release will have some glitches and nags here and there. It comes with the territory, and I’m quite surprised that someone actually felt it was a problem.

The day in which I’ll see an early build of a game that’s free of any issue six months before launch, I’ll invite you all to the pub, beers on me. This is to say that it’ll never happen.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/18/the-order-1886-ready-at-dawn-responds-to-igns-criticism/

First gameplay demos are suppose to showcase the mechanics and leave a good first impression. When TLOU was revealed, they showed Joel and Ellie taking out other people, exploring the area, and having conversations with each other, which is what you do most of the time in the game when not shooting clickers. Watch_Dogs showed Aiden hacking stuff and chasing criminals, which is what presumably what you will do in the game. When Bioshock Infinite was shown, they showed the hook mechanic, Elizabeth opening up portals, and her & Booker having conversations, which is what happens in the game.What did Ready at Dawn showcase?

They showcased almost nothing, and yes this is disappointing and a poor choice of teasing(though i loved the atmosphere in the trailer),  no really a gameplay demo ( they keep that for june),we didnt see enough on gameplay aspect, but still, that doesnt change the fact this is nonsens to judge the game on that.

and no, when TLOU was revealed, they showed an in engine trailer(december 2011, I even remember than people were also saying nonsense about The Last Of Us like " it looks like a standard TPS uncharted like with infected.."), they only showed a long gameplay at the next e3(june 2012) after the reveal, just like they'll do with The Order at the next e3.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

All the QTEs have made me lose interest entirely.

TheShape31 said:

How one Qte becomes " all the Qtes " ?
You didnt like The Last Of Us ? Or Heavy Rain ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Walter_Kovacs1986 said:
Aerys said:
Walter_Kovacs1986 said:
colafitte said:

First gameplay demos are suppose to showcase the mechanics and leave a good first impression. When TLOU was revealed, they showed Joel and Ellie taking out other people, exploring the area, and having conversations with each other, which is what you do in the game when not shooting clickers. When Bioshock Infinite was shown, they showed the hook mechanic, Elizabeth opening up portals, and her & Booker having conversations, which is what happens in the game. When Watch_Dogs was shown, they showed Aiden hacking stuff and chasing criminals, which is presumably what you will do in the game. What did The Order 1886 showcase?

They showcased almost nothing, and yes this is disappointing and a poor choice of teasing(though i loved the atmosphere in the trailer),  no really a gameplay demo ( they keep that for june),we didnt see enough on gameplay aspect, but still, that doesnt change the fact this is nonsens to judge the game on that.

and no, when TLOU was revealed, they showed an in engine trailer(december 2011, I even remember than people were also saying nonsense about The Last Of Us like " it looks like a standard TPS uncharted like with infected.."), they only showed a long gameplay at the next e3(june 2012) after the reveal, just like they'll do with The Order at the next e3.

Exactly. First they showed the cinematic trailer (VGX 2011) and then the gameplay demo (e3 2012). But with The Order, they showed the cinematic trailer (e3 2013), then a closed doors tech demo (Gamescom), then the 10 minute gameplay demo revealed a couple of hours aqo, and yet still have not shown what makes the game interesting. If Colin Moriarty, a PS fanboy journalist who gave TLOU a 10 and PS All-Stars an 8 thinks the game is lacking, that should ring bells that the game seems to be a generic TPS with a Victorian coat of paint. I mean, since when have Ready at Dawn been known to make their own IPs, let alone a TPS? Their record is 2 ports and 3 sequels platformer slashers

im loving the sensible use of the qte in cutscenes.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Aerys said:
TheShape31 said:

How one Qte becomes " all the Qtes " ?
You didnt like The Last Of Us ? Or Heavy Rain ?

also if the cutscene had no button prompt would you find it better ? Whats the problem with ppl and QTEs, they do make cutscenes interactive.

First gameplay demos are suppose to showcase the mechanics and leave a good first impression. When TLOU was revealed, they showed Joel and Ellie taking out other people, exploring the area, and having conversations with each other, which is what you do most of the time in the game when not shooting clickers. Watch_Dogs showed Aiden hacking stuff and chasing criminals, which is what presumably what you will do in the game. When Bioshock Infinite was shown, they showed the hook mechanic, Elizabeth opening up portals, and her & Booker having conversations, which is what happens in the game.What did Ready at Dawn showcase?

omg they had conversations,first ever in a video game,what a fugging breakthrough in the world of gaming. then they crouched and hid behind cover,another miracle in the world of gaming.

bioshock had a grappling hook type of instrument and portals opened up to other places,stop the presses,this was never done before

watchdogs has hacking? this miracle cant be true,are other devs hearing about this miracle of hacking?? day 1 purchase for me,,,i also heard rumors that watchdogs will also have crouching and hiding behind cover,and breaking into cars and driving off in them like a naughty man..

what hasn't been done 100 times over yet?? what new miracle in gaming are ppl expecting that doesn't feel gimmicky.. are ppl expecting an entire new genre of gaming never heard/seen before? and if you do get some brand new miracle gameplay mechanic or new entire genre,doesnt mean its actually gonna be good,new just means new,not good. get use to it because the next uncharted is gonna have many similar things that previous uncharted games had,same thing with halo, god of war ect..... quantum break is gonna have pausing of time/telekinesis ect,also been done before many moons ago...... are ppl expecting the order characters mustaches and beards to grow arms of their own with a ak47 attached to it and shoot werewolves dicks off? everything worth doing has been done to death,theres no new revolutionary undiscovered game mechanic(that doesn't feel gimmicky) that's waiting to be brought to life imo... or else just wait a lonnnng lonnng time for it

larrysdirtydrawss said:

omg they had conversations,first ever in a video game,what a fugging breakthrough in the world of gaming. then they crouched and hid behind cover,another miracle in the world of gaming.

bioshock had a grappling hook type of instrument and portals opened up to other places,stop the presses,this was never done before

watchdogs has hacking? this miracle cant be true,are other devs hearing about this miracle of hacking?? day 1 purchase for me,,,i also heard rumors that watchdogs will also have crouching and hiding behind cover,and breaking into cars and driving off in them like a naughty man..

what hasn't been done 100 times over yet?? what new miracle in gaming are ppl expecting that doesn't feel gimmicky.. are ppl expecting an entire new genre of gaming never heard/seen before? and if you do get some brand new miracle gameplay mechanic or new entire genre,doesnt mean its actually gonna be good,new just means new,not good. get use to it because the next uncharted is gonna have many similar things that previous uncharted games had,same thing with halo, god of war ect..... quantum break is gonna have pausing of time/telekinesis ect,also been done before many moons ago...... are ppl expecting the order characters mustaches and beards to grow arms of their own with a ak47 attached to it and shoot werewolves dicks off? everything worth doing has been done to death,theres no new revolutionary undiscovered game mechanic(that doesn't feel gimmicky) that's waiting to be brought to life imo... or else just wait a lonnnng lonnng time for it

I do agree that hacking, shooting, crouching, grappling, walking, running, breathing, characters moving, 3D models, different color pixels, and button-pressing-interaction had been done before in gaming, but the way those games I mentioned were able to pull it off is why they're were highly acclaimed by gamers everywhere. The Order just seems to do the basic things