By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MASS MURDERER Anders Behring Brevik, who killed 77 people; demands a PS3 !

Burn in hell 145 99.32%

Total:145

hes obviously not a gamer. Why a ps3 when he request for teh best gaming pc with Quad titans and 64gn of the fatest ram with the best CPU and terabytes worth of Solid state drive. lol

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
impertinence said:

Yes, I didn't say you don't have the right to voice your opinion, I am simply stating that your opinion is not based on the facts of the situation, but rather some emotional response that's been triggered by the reporting of this demand for a PS3 upgrade. You have shown that you don't understand the sentencing he serves under, the conditions he serves under or why he is allowed to make a demand for a PS3, nor any understanding of why he will not be getting a PS3 and why he won't be released after 21 years in prison but rather will spend the rest of his life in jail. You also have no concept of how these issues relates to the way the people of Norway process the huge trauma he caused.

So yes, calling a certain practice disgusting and trying to lecture peple who know what the case is really about without any semblence of understanding yourself is pathetic, in a case that is this raw and recent to Norwegians it's also quite offensive. And just like you have your right to go all emo over an issue you don't understand, it's my right to call you out on it.

Truth is Breivik is being well treated and he doesn't deserve it, as simple as that. I'm not basing this on pure emotions, treating a murderer like this will make prisons less effective, much less of a deterrent to crimes. Stop diverging as any of what you're writing is irrelated to my stance. Pretty shallow of you to actually think my problem is precisely his gaming with "Playstation 3" I'm surprised you brought that to he argument. All we know is he's having an easy life out there. It's downright wrong regardless what situation a "first world" country is in. If we looked at things that way, we could justify all the mess going in the Middle East. My disgust shouldn't be seen as anything but a wake up call.

If you see what I wrote, including my disgust, as offensive. Then the problem is within you. You're the one being sensitive and emotional here not me. I reiterate, I stand against this policy, NOT THE PEOPLE. I'd like it to change, I want the people to speak their minds no matter where they were. The only confirmation we have about his sentencing is he's having an easy life and will be released in 21 years. What the future holds and whether the imprisonment will expand is UNKNOWN. Nevertheless I didn't know the guy was Norwegian so I took a step back and stopped arguing.

Now can you tell us why you're being hypocritical and not "Calling him out" for accusing world's majorities to be uncivilized?! For this is undeniably worse than anything I wrote.

I understand what your opinion is, what you label as 'truth' is your opinion, nothing else. What's more, it's not backed by facts as the Norwegian prison system has proved to be one of the most effective in the world. That's fine though, you're free to think that a more draconian approach would be better, the people of Norway don't want your system, and it was a steadfast commitment of the people to not sacrifice the ideals of the nation for the lust for revange after what Breivik did. This resolve was and is a source of pride for Norwegians, it's been lauded world wide, and has been instrumental in the feelings of the Norwegian people that they will not be broken or defeated by a little shit like Anders Breivik. These are the contexts around his sentecing and how he serves his sentence that you don't understand. It's also why your holier-than-thou attitude is offensive to people who has had to live through this trauma first hand and are proud of the way it's been handled. And to be honest, your demonstrated lack of understanding of his sentencing and what it means, plus the parroting some nonsense about the easy conditions he is serving under makes it even more offensive. Basically, it's fine to have an opinion about what should be done, but without showing any sensitivity to why things are they way they are, and on top of that not relating to the facts but rather something you think is the case you bring nothing to the discussion and come off as uninformed and offensive at the same time.

I brought up the PS3 issue because you specifically used that as an expample of how we hear about his gaming issues over and over. If you understood anything about this situation, you would also understand why the demand for a PS3 was even reported on by the press and how it ties into how Norwegians process the trauma he is responsible for. As you might or might not know, his demand for a PS3 upgrade was just one of many damands and complaints he was allowed to make and the demands have been considered and dealt with. The way this was handled is all part of how Norway deals with a situation that was and still is unthinkable for the country. Kneejerk comments along the lines of "OMG! Why is he even allowed to have a PS2!!!" doesn't even begin to skratch the surface off this topic. As I have stated many times, you have shown no indication of understanding any of this, and so your comments are meaningless. And yes, I freely admit that this topic is hugly emotional to me personally, and that is why I find your illinformed ramblings on this topic offensive.

And in closing, your assumption about the only confirmation we have is that he will be in jail for 21 years and then be released is incorrect. You've been told many times already how this will be handled, but you don't understand the type of sentencing, why it is used and the conditions it implies and still continue pretending that 21 years in jail is a possible outcome. Of course, in the real world you can never guarantee anything, and perhaps Anders Breivik is released from jail because the sun swallows up the earth in the next 10 years or he mutates into some kind of x-man that can bend the minds of everyone around him. In all practical senses though, the sentencing he is serving under, seen in relation to what he did, is a life time prison and any reporting that he might be out in 21 or even 10 years in sensationalistic click baiting. The same is the case of the reports of his easy life. Probably driven by fluff pieces on Fox news about how he has a private work out room and an office, that his cell is larger than most NYC appartments or whatever. In reality, Anders Breivik serves under conditions as close to being thrown in a hole for the rest of his life as possible without violating Norwegian and international law.

As for your last paragraph: logical fallacy.

he deservs a 3DO---

Kyuu said:

I see his labelling his not having access to PS3 as a "torture" and his ill-treatment compared to the rest of murderers, among other stories, as indicators.. an evidence of prisoners' easy lives. Norway not dismissing these easy life claims makes the evidence even stronger. They hardly deny any of it. Or maybe they're having a hard time conveying their messages.

I don't have a problem with which console he games on or whether he doesn't game at all! you're taking my words too literally. I'm not sitting there next to him to fully confirm any of this. In one sense, neither you and I, nor Norwegians, are completely informed about the matter. The confirmed fact is he has a chance to be released in 21 years. This is exactly what the sentencing says but they are likely to extend it depending on his behavior. If he acts like a good little boy he still has his chances according to the resolution. Since you love facts too much, here they are.

In my humble opinion, these millions of dollars shouldn't be spent on mass murderers. Redirecting them could save the lives of thousands who actually deserve saving. Money and resourses are limited, they mustn't be drained by mass murders. Not even a free man with clean record, gets food and a place to live in for free. If they're struggling with isolation, many people are struggling to find a job for a living.

I don't see governmental authorities as complete and unquestioned representatives to their nations, there is much going on behind the scenes, things the masses aren't aware of. criticizing this side shouldn't necessarily be reflected on people, it shouldn't rile you up. I admit I got a little carried away but that doesn't give mjo011 the right to offend world's societies so blatantly. His offense is unjustified no matter how we look at it.

Not sure how much further I want to continue this conversation, it's obvious that you are working off of partial information and you don't have access to the information reported in Norwegian media and you don't bother listening to the people who do when they try to explain where you are misunderstanding the case.

Anyway, again. I can assure you that there is no need to consider a theoretical release for good behavior after 21 years for Breivik. I can understand why you would think so based on how international media report on the case, but they are wrong and you are wrong. There is no hope for getting out early for good behavior for this guy. His sentencing has no provision for good behavior at all. He will remain in jail for as long as he is considered a 'danger to society' which in Norwegian can also include considerations on how the public at large would react to a release. This type of sentencing has two functions: to prevent releasing prisoners who are likely to commit serious crimes again in the future and to keep people in jail for as long as needed as to not offend the public sense of justice. You can consider it a fact that Breivik will not be released.

Second, Norway has no problems conveying their message. But, in this case as in any case, the press reports only what they think will sell well. In nNorway, and news related to Breivik is still reported on, which means that the ruling on Breiviks various demands was also reported. I am pretty sure international press didn't bother to report what happened with his demand. (Hint: he won't be getting a PS3 or any traction for any of his other outragous demands and complaints)

Finally, again I will repeat that the death sentence (or torture for life or whatever you'd prefer he recieve) were not legal alternatives in Norway when Breivik did what he did and they still are not. There was substantial debate in Norway after the tragedy around the death penalty, length of term and many other issues related to how you punish inconcievable crimes. The common consensus in Norway was that it is more important to protect the ideals of the Norwegian way of life than to fill the need for immidiate revenge against Breivik. Especially since Breivik's acts were a delibarate attack on these ideals and an attempt to force chance to the judicial process. That way Norway came together and showed that they are stronger than this nutcase and his imaginary European revolution and in the process Breivik was also denied the "martyr's death" that he so much wanted. Instead he is stuck in a tiny cell 23 hours of the day and regularily humiliated when his hyperinflated ego decideds to file a complaint or make a demand or whatever. It does my heart good every time I am reminded that Anders Breivik is sitting in a hole and feeling like he's being tortured and treated like an animal, all the time while Norway has not had to go outside the rule of law to make that asshole feel like he is being mistreated.

I get emotional about this issue, it is very personal to me, so with a few days to cool off I appologize for some of the overly harsh language I used against you. I do recommend that you collect more information on this case though before making statements of what should be done differently.

generic-user-1 said:
he deservs a 3DO Virtual Boy

Fixed it for you. :)

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
impertinence said:
To people outraged at the sentencing and treatment of Breivik, I suggest getting a better grasp on how he is punished, and why he is still subjected to the same protection and has the same rights as any other inmate in Norway.

To Slimebeast: you are a disgrace to any group of people you are associated with, you have shown the world that your profile name is a huge understatement, and I will forever disregard anything you have to say on any subject as I consider you to be completely mentally incompetent. Given the choice between you and a turd I chose the turd, every time, regardless of context and application, from here til eternity.

What's a turd? It's like a fat frog isn't it?

Slimebeast said:

LOL. No, it's a lump of shit.

badgenome said:
Slimebeast said:

LOL. No, it's a lump of shit.

Oh.