By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MASS MURDERER Anders Behring Brevik, who killed 77 people; demands a PS3 !

Burn in hell 145 99.32%

Total:145
mjo011 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
How does someone only get 21 years for killing 77 people? Is the legal system that broken in whatever country this is in?

Capital punishment in Norway (Norwegian: dødsstraff) was abolished in 1979. The penal code/the criminal law of 1902, in force from 1905, abolished capital punishment in peacetime. Military capital punishment was abolished in 1979.[1] The last execution in peacetime was carried out on 25 February 1876, when Kristoffer Nilsen Grindalen was beheaded in Løten.[2] Several persons, mainly Norwegians and Germans, were executed after the Second World War and the years of Nazi occupation, among them Vidkun Quisling.

Opinion polls have showed that about 1 in 4 Norwegians support the death penalty (...) An opinion poll taken after the 2011 Norway attacks showed that the opposition to the death penalty remained firmly entrenched, with 16 percent supporting and 68 percent opposed (Wikipedia)

Norway is one of the most peaceful countries in the world and nothing even remotely close to these 2011 attacks has ever happened here in peace time, at least in modern times.

As I have said before, there is no way in hell Breivik is ever being released into society again. His sentence will be extended as long as he is alive.

I didn't say he should be executed. 

Around the Network
The Fury said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Still he needs more punishment than just prison. 

Yes, he should be in general populace.

Why do you think that?

Somebody send this piece of shit an Apple Pippen! Now that's cruel and unusual punishment!

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

NobleTeam360 said:
mjo011 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
How does someone only get 21 years for killing 77 people? Is the legal system that broken in whatever country this is in?

Capital punishment in Norway (Norwegian: dødsstraff) was abolished in 1979. The penal code/the criminal law of 1902, in force from 1905, abolished capital punishment in peacetime. Military capital punishment was abolished in 1979.[1] The last execution in peacetime was carried out on 25 February 1876, when Kristoffer Nilsen Grindalen was beheaded in Løten.[2] Several persons, mainly Norwegians and Germans, were executed after the Second World War and the years of Nazi occupation, among them Vidkun Quisling.

Opinion polls have showed that about 1 in 4 Norwegians support the death penalty (...) An opinion poll taken after the 2011 Norway attacks showed that the opposition to the death penalty remained firmly entrenched, with 16 percent supporting and 68 percent opposed (Wikipedia)

Norway is one of the most peaceful countries in the world and nothing even remotely close to these 2011 attacks has ever happened here in peace time, at least in modern times.

As I have said before, there is no way in hell Breivik is ever being released into society again. His sentence will be extended as long as he is alive.

I didn't say he should be executed. 

I know. I was just about to edit my post when I saw your reply.

I guess my point was that very little could be done about the maximum sentencing at the time of Breivik's trial. 21 years was (and still is) the harshest punishment, although people (the criminally insane) can be held behind bars indefinitely if they don't recover during their sentencing.

Incubi said:
NobleTeam360 said:

It will be indefinitely renewed. Guess what that means in practice.

Punishment serves to deter people from doing bad things. What kind of example are you giving criminals if you compare the crimes of Brevik and his punishment for doing so?

Yes, too bad he we'll be in prison indefinitively playing Playstation 3 and enjoying his time.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
The Fury said:

Yes, he should be in general populace.

Why do you think that?

In general populace (of Jail obviously) I believe he would fear for his safety a lot more then being removed from it. It wouldn't be death, that's not punishment, he needs to suffer as punishment but fear of being hurt is better than a life of well being. He gave his victims no choice, he should have none either.

Punishment for a terrible crime shouldn't be an easy release (death) or spending time alone (with a games console), it should be spent in a place that is dispacable, that to people who are law abiding would be deemed as sub par living, equivilent to a squalor and in the presence of people who even though they themselves are not law abiding, would very much like to make him suffer for doing things far worse (and cowardly) then they'd ever do.

Hmm, pie.

Someone send him a broken one FAST. (dont tell him its broken)

Wright said:
Incubi said:
NobleTeam360 said:

It will be indefinitely renewed. Guess what that means in practice.

Punishment serves to deter people from doing bad things. What kind of example are you giving criminals if you compare the crimes of Brevik and his punishment for doing so?

Yes, too bad he we'll be in prison indefinitively playing Playstation 3 and enjoying his time.

Perhaps his PS3 demand will fall on deaf ears. He can demand anything he wants. Doesn't mean he'll get it. Anyways, the legal system seems to have worked fine for a long time since we have far less criminal acts in our country than anywhere else in the world. The Breivik acts is abnormal in this country to say the least and something none could have forseen, and something none could've imagined could happen - atleast not in in Norway. It could be laws will be rewritten in light of this, but it will take time. 

The kind of shit some people in this thread write is really scary. Some people's attitudes here actually scare me more than Mr. Breivik.

One can only hope that these people stick to jobs at McDonalds and such, where they can do little harm to society.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

areason said:
DakonBlackblade said:
How does one hide theyre plans on World of Warcraft ? I need to learn that skill.

Pays 15 a month to hide your murder plans! This is how blizzard managed to sustain such a large player base for all of these years. 

I guess he had a chat with Deathwink or Arthas and asked them to sit on top of his murder plans and keep them secure lol.