By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 3DS didn't peak yet!

The 3DS peaked?

Of course! 79 44.63%

Nope! 98 55.37%

Total:177

I think that the 3DS has more life left in it than most people are predicting.

However, it did sell less units last year than the year before. That tells me that it's peaked, as far as yearly sales are concerned anyway. But with so much developer support and a likely price-cut coming at some point this year, I'm actually predicting more than 100M lifetime sales.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Anfebious said:

Yes, the 3DS didn't peak yet! Don't ask me why though, it's more of hunch than an educated guess. I feel the 3DS still has a lot of life in it and we will see it peak in 2015 with the introduction of a new model or something like that.

...And that's it! Feel free to bump this and make fun (or not) of me in a couple of years!

I'll also attach this to my thread:

http://gamasutra.com/blogs/MattMatthews/20140130/209735/Five_years_of_hardware_declines_leave_Nintendo_weakened.php?print=1

You can't be too positive these days around here if you are talking about Nintendo! So I attached this article about Nintendo's hardware decline by Matt Matthews! I think it's well written... kinda! It's bad news so rejoice!

Something like the 2DS ? :D
Seriously I think many of us thought that a 2DS would sell enormously well, but it barely increased the sales.

Sales are going down IMO, but not that dramatic.

Alot of people on this side did not like the 2ds iddea (and even now, some in this tread talking about it was a cheapper model... NO it was a model without 3d to kids under 6)

Ont: I think i mayby will be a litle up this year.. but down to 10-12 mill 2015..

TheShape31 said:
I think that the 3DS has more life left in it than most people are predicting.

However, it did sell less units last year than the year before. That tells me that it's peaked, as far as yearly sales are concerned anyway. But with so much developer support and a likely price-cut coming at some point this year, I'm actually predicting more than 100M lifetime sales.

I...i....i am sorry but doesnt make any sense. How in the hell is going to sell 60M more consoles if it cant even sell 13M per year???

FromDK said:
Barozi said:

Something like the 2DS ? :D
Seriously I think many of us thought that a 2DS would sell enormously well, but it barely increased the sales.

Sales are going down IMO, but not that dramatic.

Alot of people on this side did not like the 2ds iddea (and even now, some in this tread talking about it was a cheapper model... NO it was a model without 3d to kids under 6)

Ont: I think i mayby will be a litle up this year.. but down to 10-12 mill 2015..

I think it was a great idea, since I heard many people saying that 3D is a gimmick and that most don't even have it turned on while playing. In combination with the lower price a pretty good move.
Though I think it's pretty ugly and bulky due to not being foldable.

let see... 6th gen... check

2d mario... check

3d mario... check

mario rpg... check

zelda game... check

mario kart.... check

kirby... check

monster hunter... check

ok the only thing i can see why not is....

pokemon Z

pokemon 3rd gen remake... in a form of x and y graphics... that would be sick....

remodel.... a slimer version of 3d xl

a metroid game... most likely by the end of its lifespan

i cant think of anything more... help?

Around the Network

Uh it did. Look at Nintendos quarterly financial numbers, it peaked in 2012.

New model with 2 circle pads and the thing will be up this year. Just wait for E3

MohammadBadir said:
also, going by recent years, we should see a 3DS Lite or whatever this year, Japan really needs both that and the 2DS.

Hasn't the 3DS had the same amount of remodels as the original DS already? I REALLY don't see anymore coming.

brendude13 said:
MohammadBadir said:
also, going by recent years, we should see a 3DS Lite or whatever this year, Japan really needs both that and the 2DS.

Hasn't the 3DS had the same amount of remodels as the original DS already? I REALLY don't see anymore coming.

DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, iQue

DSi/XL are still DSs.

It isn't even fully launched yet, let alone peaking.