By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: Over 3 million Xbox One's Sold to Consumers in 2013

Seece said:
Slimebeast said:
Seece said:
Should have a fairly good Q1 then.

WiiU shipped 3.45m in 2013 and only sold like 2.3m of that??

IF MS have shipped a similar amount, with nowhere near 1m stock on shelves, they will easily surpass the 390k WiiU shipped in Q1.

Wait a bit, the Wii U shipped only 390K in a full quarter (Q1 2013 I presume)?

And btw, whats your reason to you compare Xbone with a struggling console? PS4 is the console to compare it with, even though the Xbone will prob lose to Sony this gen there's no two ways around that fact. They're the unshakable hardcore gaming twins. Nobody can deny that Wii U is borderline irrelevant and thus is hardly something to measure to. (I'm just thinking out loud so I can hear how people reason, not attacking you Seece).

I'm comparing it to WiiU because we know how it sold/shipped after the holiday. What would be the purpose comparing it to PS4? Xbox One will lose to PS4 this gen.

WiiU actually had a very good first shipment (3.45m) something XB1 and PS4 will be close too. And yes WIiU did 390k in the following Q. My point with comparing to WiiU is that if there are few XB1's on shelves from 2013 (or at least considerably less than the 1.2m WiiU's then XB1 should do much better than WiiU's Q1, even if sales drop like a rock.

Gotya. I agree with that logic. Will be interesting to see soon.

Around the Network

Just because MS says "to consumers" it is only a guess.

It doesn't mean its a fact nor does it mean its official and perfect.

They are assuming that some % of their shipped figures have been sold to consumers and that figure is somewhere just above 3m.

VGC's figures are just as accurate and not a 'tad' under anything.

Slimebeast said:
Seece said:
Slimebeast said:
Seece said:

IF MS have shipped a similar amount, with nowhere near 1m stock on shelves, they will easily surpass the 390k WiiU shipped in Q1.

And btw, whats your reason to you compare Xbone with a struggling console? PS4 is the console to compare it with, even though the Xbone will prob lose to Sony this gen there's no two ways around that fact. They're the unshakable hardcore gaming twins. Nobody can deny that Wii U is borderline irrelevant and thus is hardly something to measure to. (I'm just thinking out loud so I can hear how people reason, not attacking you Seece).

I'm comparing it to WiiU because we know how it sold/shipped after the holiday. What would be the purpose comparing it to PS4? Xbox One will lose to PS4 this gen.

WiiU actually had a very good first shipment (3.45m) something XB1 and PS4 will be close too. And yes WIiU did 390k in the following Q. My point with comparing to WiiU is that if there are few XB1's on shelves from 2013 (or at least considerably less than the 1.2m WiiU's then XB1 should do much better than WiiU's Q1, even if sales drop like a rock.

Gotya. I agree with that logic. Will be interesting to see soon.

It will! Wouldn't surprise me if XB1 hits 5m shipped end of March, PS4 will be 5.5m+ but my prediction is 6m.

WiIU will ship 500k~, so 6.5m~

Does anyone have a link to any 2013 sales predictions?

superchunk said:

They are assuming that some % of their shipped figures have been sold to consumers and that figure is somewhere just above 3m.

BS, they have far more info than VGC.

Day one updates will be a big help in determining sales too. Every single one has to connect to the net to work.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Figgycal said:
Is anyone really surprised? We knew from November that 3 mil was safe bet. They sold over 900k in America alone in November.

This is confirmation though.

If I had said to you the ONE would sell 3m by end of 2013 back in August, you would have called me an idiot.

Even as late as November the average prediction here was 2.5m

You're right. A lot of people are also expecting Wii U to outsell Xbox One next year...

Seece said:
superchunk said:

BS, they have far more info than VGC.

Day one updates will be a big help in determining sales too. Every single one has to connect to the net to work.

2.9xx million and "over 3m" is statistically identical.

Nice. The way people talk on the Internets you'd think it had sold 30.

Slimebeast said:
Seece said:

You probably didn't really follow the WiiU shipments then because that was the WiiU's second best quarter.

(using calendar quarters)
Q4 2012 - 3.06m
Q1 2013 - 0.39m
Q2 2013 - 0.16m
Q3 2013 - 0.30m
Q4 2014 - 2.00m ??? (guesstimate)

Carl2291 said:
Does anyone have a link to any 2013 sales predictions?

It will be a sweety crow eating stravaganza.