By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: Over 3 million Xbox One's Sold to Consumers in 2013

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yep, it was mostly  America im sure. The Xbox speaks to the heart of the competitive gamer and everyone knows the most competitive console is the Xbox. Lets see how they do when Sony launches in Japan. Congrats to them. Microsoft is smart they know in order to stay close with Sony in sales they have to front load all their sales in America.

Do you think Microsoft is giving up on the rest of the world? 

Around the Network
RawrJa said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yep, it was mostly  America im sure. The Xbox speaks to the heart of the competitive gamer and everyone knows the most competitive console is the Xbox. Lets see how they do when Sony launches in Japan. Congrats to them. Microsoft is smart they know in order to stay close with Sony in sales they have to front load all their sales in America.

No. They will focus on everyone else later. Microsoft knew Sony would sell well based on preorders so they wanted front loaded sales. Easiest way to get front loaded sales is to amp up Americans. If they would've spread out their consoles across the world in all the usual places they would've actually sold even less than Sony. They made sure the Xbox wouldn't sell out in America in order to stay as close as possible.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
RawrJa said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

No. They will focus on everyone else later. Microsoft knew Sony would sell well based on preorders so they wanted front loaded sales. Easiest way to get front loaded sales is to amp up Americans. If they would've spread out their consoles across the world in all the usual places they would've actually sold even less than Sony. They made sure the Xbox wouldn't sell out in America in order to stay as close as possible.

spot on.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
TheSting said:
DonFerrari
BMaker11 said:
ganoncrotch said:
DonFerrari said:
ganoncrotch said:

Well yeah it was a pretty bad hardware failure, but microsoft fully took the brunt of that failure out of their own pockets, I think they set aside something like a billion dollars to make sure their repair centers never took more than 3 weeks to get a system back up and running. I had 2 RRoD experiences and never paid a cent with the exception of 1 phone call to move my licenses to the 3rd console because there was a limit on the number of times you could shift licenses in 12 months. Compare that to a psp which just stopped working and went in the bin instead of paying 70euros to repair it... I know which one upset me more. In terms of customer service MS are pretty boss at it.

You do know how longe took MS to aknowledge the issue right? And that a lot of owners had to buy a second X360 because MS didn't assumed the fault?? And that they done it because of massive class-action lawsuit.

Well the issue came up almost instantly and the system was covered by a 12 month manufactures warrenty at least here in Ireland, before that 1 year ran out Microsoft announced that they were extending the warrenty here by 2 years to cover RRoD failures. Like I said, been there, dont that.... twice. Never paid a penny.

@bolded: did the PSP have widespread failures across the board? So much so that Sony had to acknowledge the problem and spend $1B to fix them? Did you get a warranty on your PSP when you bought it? With most electronics, there's a possibility for failure and that's why they offer extended warranties. If you don't get the warranty, you pay the cost to fix it out of pocket. Only reason you're 360s got fixed for free is because everyone's 360s were breaking and it would have been a fiasco for MS to make everyone pay to fix them

@last response: actually, although the issue did come up almost instantly in 2005, they didn't address the problems until 2007. Failure rates claimed as high as 54% and they didn't address it for 2 years. I dunno when you bought your first 360, but if you got it in 2005, the manufacturer's warranty would run out in 2006, and the problems weren't addressed until 2007. So that means there was  year where you either had to pay for the repairs or buy a new 360

A lot of people seem to forget or ignore that for quite sometime a lot of users were left with a brick and a cold shoulder from MS, and that RROD just got sorted because of massive class-actions that were open... it was 1B to fix the issue or a lot more in litigance and a forever goodbye in console market... just a few diehard MS fans supported this fiasco, buying 5 or 6 X360 saying it was normal and ok because Live was a Blast and PS3 a rip off.

A lot of people also forgot about the Disc error that plagued the Ps2 also. Where discs were not getting read any longer and people were buying new consoles. There was no free repair at all. Almost like it never happened. Think it was doing it on the original Ps also IIRC definitely on the 2.

And you have 2 options, the problem wasn't spread enough (WITHIN ACCEPTABLE FAILURE RATE) or all PS fans are sheep and wouldn't hold Sony responsible... one is a lot more possible than the others, I think you can figure it out.

Look man ppl bought multiple systems because of this. You do know there was a lawsuit settled because of this also right? You were so quick to defend your precious lol. You have two options believe or make b.e.l.i.e.v.e.